Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kagemusha wrote: View Post
    It would be cool to see Bucks v Clippers in the Finals
    So Kawhi and Giannis can compare notes on why they didn't come to Toronto?

Comment

• I'm hoping for Utah vs Sixers. Not that I particularly like either team, but let's go with the traditionally built teams with the stars who stayed. Teams like that succeeding is better for a market like Toronto than having LA or NY superfriendz teams win rings.
      "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post

Brooklyn is putting up a ridiculous 123 ORTG, as a TEAM, in the playoffs. That's insane, and even higher than their stellar 118 ORTG in the regular season. It's rare to see 3 ultra-high usage scorers optimized, but Nash may have figured it out. He subs Harden out early and has him carry the bench units, without KD & Kyrie, just like he was carrying the Rockets.

To put it in perspective, looking at the Raps top offensive players: FVV (113 ORTG), Siakam (110 ORTG) & Lowry (117 ORTG) - only Lowry is even close the level of the Nets in terms of efficiency.

Question is if anybody can exploit their non-existent defense to the point where they can keep up. We never really saw much of KD/Kyrie/Harden together in the regular season... and it looks pretty scary.
        It's crazy and a pretty extreme litmus test. Can a team with 3 legitimate superstar level offensive players just outscore everybody??? Let's find out!

On the offensive end, this Brooklyn team is a step up from other recent Big 3's save for peak Warriors. Though even there, arguably Klay's never been a 1A on the level that each of KD/Harden/Kyrie have (Kyrie with the least team success as a 1A). But then the Celtics Big 3 and the Heatles had some mix of banged up/past their prime talent in their big 3's. KD's coming off injury but playing great right now and you've got 3 actual peak superstar level, 1A, franchise player guys on one team. Without much defence. It's crazy.
        "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• S.R. wrote: View Post

It's crazy and a pretty extreme litmus test. Can a team with 3 legitimate superstar level offensive players just outscore everybody??? Let's find out!

On the offensive end, this Brooklyn team is a step up from other recent Big 3's save for peak Warriors. Though even there, arguably Klay's never been a 1A on the level that each of KD/Harden/Kyrie have (Kyrie with the least team success as a 1A). But then the Celtics Big 3 and the Heatles had some mix of banged up/past their prime talent in their big 3's. KD's coming off injury but playing great right now and you've got 3 actual peak superstar level, 1A, franchise player guys on one team. Without much defence. It's crazy.
          I hate to nitpick an otherwise good post, but Kyrie is not a superstar. He's a second fiddle. Pretty sure the Nets are below .500 in games without Harden and Durant, and near .500 in games without Harden.
          9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post

I hate to nitpick an otherwise good post, but Kyrie is not a superstar. He's a second fiddle. Pretty sure the Nets are below .500 in games without Harden and Durant, and near .500 in games without Harden.
            If Kyrie is a second fiddle, then he's a Stradavarius. He's been averaging ~120 ORTG at 30% USG for the last 3 years... which is superstar level efficient offense. Whether or not any PG can carry a team by themselves is another question. Kyrie is an offensive superstar, by any metric.

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post

If Kyrie is a second fiddle, then he's a Stradavarius. He's been averaging ~120 ORTG at 30% USG for the last 3 years... which is superstar level efficient offense. Whether or not any PG can carry a team by themselves is another question. Kyrie is an offensive superstar, by any metric.
              Cool, so has Demar Derozan. What kind of violin is he?
              9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

Actually I posted this before but:

The Brooklyn Nets had a record of 11-6 without Kyrie Irving this season.
                25-12 without Durant, a near identical and great winning percentage.
                19-17 without Harden. You'd think it would be Durant but Harden is the straw that stirs the Brooklyn drink.

*as per statmuse.com

Comment

And the crazy thing is. I dont find myself enjoying watching these guys all play together. Steph, KD and Klay at least had some semblance of an offense. KD likes to iso but they still ran alot of action. All 3 guys thrive in 1 on 1 iso situations. Aside from Harden doing some playmaking is basically just you go 1 on1, i go 1 on 1.
                  As great as Kyries handles, Hardens step back and KD just pure shooting from anywhere on the court. It just get kinda boring to see play after play
                  To be the champs you got to beat the champs

Comment

• bertarapsfan wrote: View Post

And the crazy thing is. I dont find myself enjoying watching these guys all play together. Steph, KD and Klay at least had some semblance of an offense. KD likes to iso but they still ran alot of action. All 3 guys thrive in 1 on 1 iso situations. Aside from Harden doing some playmaking is basically just you go 1 on1, i go 1 on 1.
                    As great as Kyries handles, Hardens step back and KD just pure shooting from anywhere on the court. It just get kinda boring to see play after play
                    Also, Steph is one of the genuinely more likable guys in the NBA vs three of the least likable ....

Comment

Cool, so has Demar Derozan. What kind of violin is he?
                      Peak DD was pretty good, great even, but nowhere near that efficiency (~ 113 ORTG). That’s a big drop when you get to those USG levels. DD is probably a high quality, Kirkland violin you can get at Costco.

Comment

• The Great One wrote: View Post
                        Been sayin this since 2019. Kawhi Leonard is the best player in the world.

Thank you sir.
                        agree 100%

My avatar stays until the day he comes back to the Raptors

Comment

• G__Deane wrote: View Post

Actually I posted this before but:

The Brooklyn Nets had a record of 11-6 without Kyrie Irving this season.
                          25-12 without Durant, a near identical and great winning percentage.
                          19-17 without Harden. You'd think it would be Durant but Harden is the straw that stirs the Brooklyn drink.

*as per statmuse.com
                          Which is kinda scary considering how Harden is not playoffs tested.
                          Having KD at least lifts some loads off his back

Comment

I'm hoping for Utah vs Sixers. Not that I particularly like either team, but let's go with the traditionally built teams with the stars who stayed. Teams like that succeeding is better for a market like Toronto than having LA or NY superfriendz teams win rings.
                            76ers winning proves that tanking works,

says a team tanker.

Comment

• Embiid leaves with knee soreness - unlikely to impact the Washington series, but could be a concern in the next round

Comment

• Washington intionally fouling Simmons in a tie game with 3 minutes left lol. How has the dude just not practiced shooting FT all summer long?
                                To be the champs you got to beat the champs

Comment

Working...
                                X