No announcement yet.

Everything Playoffs-2021

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oh my god that would be hilarious if they got Jason Kidd to replace Brad Stevens.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post

Oh my god that would be hilarious if they got Jason Kidd to replace Brad Stevens.
      I can't help but think that Boston has a hill to climb.
      Jason Kidd behind the bench with his history of offensive scheme stagnation and cratering combined with a rookie GM.
      Hopefully Brad wants to build around Tatum and Smart and jettison Brown.
      Good day for the Raptors
      There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
      - TGO

Comment

• Demographic Shift wrote: View Post

Well it might be his last game behind the bench in Chowdahville..
        Stevens is apparently on his way up , not out of Boston, to be Pres of Basketball Ops according to Woj and Chris Haynes.

Danny Ainge is thinking of retiring ...
        This would have been in the works for months if not years. I seem to recall that when Stevens signed his last extension there was some funny language around 'keeping him the organization' or other fuzzy press release wording. I would imagine sometime prior to that point the decision was made.

Comment

Yeah that was insane.

I see your pass and raise you:
          https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MmlwiFWN7UE

Comment

• slaw wrote: View Post

This would have been in the works for months if not years. I seem to recall that when Stevens signed his last extension there was some funny language around 'keeping him the organization' or other fuzzy press release wording. I would imagine sometime prior to that point the decision was made.
            Ainge's body of work over the past few years has been singularly underwhelming.

He has squandered the legendary and often talked about ad nausem "treasure trove" of FRPs. They were mostly mid rounders and exposed Ainges talent evaluation as poor. At times he cut players he drafted a year or two prior simply to make room for new draft choices that also didn't pan out.

Since the totally oily move of trading a clearly distressed Issiah Thomas and not disclosing the extent of that hip injury no one wanted to do business with him. To me thats why he was always "close" on closing a trade but never completing one.

FWIW he gets a pass from me on Hayward leaving as there was a choice to be made between playing time for 3 high end wings. It was the lesser of a PR nightmare to have Gord move on and open up more PT for Tatum and Brown.

Will Stevens be better at this ?
            Who knows.
            Boston is capped out. Kembas knee is not going to get better as he gets older.
            Lets see how the upcoming drafts play out and if the league is ready to do business again with a new GM who doesn't carry the taint of trading damaged goods.
            There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
            - TGO

Comment

Oh my god that would be hilarious if they got Jason Kidd to replace Brad Stevens.

Comment

• Demographic Shift wrote: View Post
                ironic that Ainge goes out after the Celtic get bounced by the Nets who look like they are on their way to the finals. Something the celtics haven't done since the mega draft trade
                To be the champs you got to beat the champs

Comment

Yeah that was insane.

First time ive seen someone get their ankle broken from a pass. lol
                  To be the champs you got to beat the champs

Comment

• I'm no doctor but when you see the words "meniscus tear" that means a season ending injury, no? how is Embiid only day to day? Derrick Rose had that same injury and he missed 1 full year.

Mamba Mentality

Comment

• Been interesting following along a Celtics forum.. when initial reports of Ainge leaving surfaced, a number of people started hyping up Masai to Boston... then deflation as Stevens was announced as taking over.. then incredulity at names like Lloyd Pierce and Jason Kidd as Head Coach...

Some speculation about naming Becky Hammon or Kara Lawson as possible candidates for the job - but think that might be a bridge too far for the Celtics.

Comment

• Lets trade including the Kitchen Sink for Mamba Tatum

Masai can do miracles to build a team around him from the ground up.

The newly minted BofOp Brad Stevens however would hang up the phone lol.

Comment

• With Embiid hobbled again, Atlanta may give the Sixers trouble.

Atlanta in 7

Comment

• The road to the Finals keeps getting easier for the Nets

Comment

• And thus, a nickname was born. AD is now "Street Clothes"

9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
                                And thus, a nickname was born. AD is now "Street Clothes"

That is effin hilarious.

Comment

Working...
                                X