No announcement yet.

Everything Playoffs-2021

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Look at the bright side; Bronny has more time to finally get his hair plug issue worked on

Comment

• bertarapsfan wrote: View Post

Ya but AD has a history of injuries and the Lakers and everybody else in the NBA knew that. For all we know last year due to the layoff and bubble maybe that helped AD stay healthy, Maybe he can't take a full year of NBA ball. Maybe being injuried is the norm for him. Maybe they have to load manage and that lead to them being in the bottom 4 of playoff seeds.
      AD injuries are always going to be a real risk to derailing the laker IMO
      Totally agree.

He is an elite Power Forward but the Durability of Mr. Glass will define his career.

However, not you Berta but I dont believed other posters argument that one team cannot just succeed with a Power Forward as the no.1 option. That is a flawed argument.

Anthony Davis is just injury prone, lets accept that.

Comment

• This offseason could be another exciting busy one.

Comment

• The Claw Reborn wrote: View Post
          This offseason could be another exciting busy one.
          Hopefully we participate ....

Comment

• Let us not forget, Booker had to score over 60 points in a game, finishing with 70 against the Boston Celtics. In March 2019, at 22 years old, Booker became the youngest player in NBA history with consecutive 50-point games. He is one of the prolific young scorer of this league.

But that Book finally got blessed by an elite Point Guard in Chris Paul.

Yet the jury is still out unless he can reach that Conference Finals or Championship level status. That said he is just a younger version of Dame and any other prolific scorer of this league before him who cannot get over the hump. He however is only 24 years old so sky is the limit.

Comment

• Raptors fans had tasted the unforgettable feeling of rooting for a Champion. Nobody can take that away from us.

This playoffs can remind us again Going forward, how we gauge this team based on whether we have pieces who can survive the unexpected most especially injuries in the regular season and WHEN it matters most in a SEVEN game series against another playoff contender.

The teams who got booted out and more to come in the next round already have elite talents but still got derailed because 1 option was hobbled.

...not unicorns and rainbows unless you keep trying lol

Comment

• Not sure who to cheer for tonight....do I leave my kawai for leaving us behind and embrace my hate for the mavericks? Or do I suppress my dislike for the mavs? (Maybe stemming back to disks presense) ......

Comment

• The Blazers reminds me of Lowry and DeRozan's Raptors teams. Good team but not a championship team. They already plateued in 2019 when they reached the WCF. They probably would fire Stotts this offseason but not sure how that would make the team better. If they want to improve their team and be a championship caliber team then they need to make a Kawhi Leonard type trade. In other words they're fucked.
                  Mamba Mentality

Comment

• The DeMar/Kyle Raptors were better than the Blazers.. even though the Blazers had the best player. The makeup of the Blazers team with that coach just screams medicore. They need, as Jack would say, more lunch pail guys. Covington is okay but overrated. Outside of him though they have nobody that can play defense. Norm was letting MPJ go off in that first quarter because he's too short and has no wingspan.

I mean they had to play RHJ a lot because Kanter would give them nothing. Nurkic fouled out like every game. Dame is awesome. He just needs better help.. and the thing is it's not that hard to build a team around him.

Sub DeMar for Dame in San Antonio and they are insta-contenders. That Spurs team with Dame would be awesome.. that's the kind of team he needs to play for/with.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
                      The DeMar/Kyle Raptors were better than the Blazers.. even though the Blazers had the best player. The makeup of the Blazers team with that coach just screams medicore. They need, as Jack would say, more lunch pail guys. Covington is okay but overrated. Outside of him though they have nobody that can play defense. Norm was letting MPJ go off in that first quarter because he's too short and has no wingspan.

I mean they had to play RHJ a lot because Kanter would give them nothing. Nurkic fouled out like every game. Dame is awesome. He just needs better help.. and the thing is it's not that hard to build a team around him.

Sub DeMar for Dame in San Antonio and they are insta-contenders. That Spurs team with Dame would be awesome.. that's the kind of team he needs to play for/with.
                      Blazers roster has issues but they need to move CJ before anything else. He isn't a #2 guy and, even if he is, he isn't the #2 guy Portland needs. Having him and Lillard shoot 50% of the team's shots while everyone else has to cover their sorry asses on defense doesn't work. They also need help up front. And a new coach as well.

Comment

• slaw wrote: View Post

Blazers roster has issues but they need to move CJ before anything else. He isn't a #2 guy and, even if he is, he isn't the #2 guy Portland needs. Having him and Lillard shoot 50% of the team's shots while everyone else has to cover their sorry asses on defense doesn't work. They also need help up front. And a new coach as well.
                        I don't watch a lot of Blazer games so I don't really know how good or bad Stotts really is.. but I don't get why Stotts didn't challenge that 3pt foul by Nurkic on Jokic? I mean, Nurkic was adamant he didn't foul. It was *only* his 3rd, but he picked up his 4th on a charge like a minute later. It also started the come back. In hindsight it was a terrible decision. With foresight though you could tell it was going to turn around and bite him in the ass.

And then the one he did challenge.. it was a damn out of bounds play with so much time on the clock, that they ended up getting wrong anyway.

But yeah, CJ has to go. Not sure how good the GM is there, but they better not do something stupid like swap CJ for Kemba or something dumb like that.

Comment

• Looking forward to watching the Clippers tonight and hoping for a poor game from all their players. I don't hate Kawhi or anything, but I hate that "you gotta trade for my guy or I'm outta here" BS. The league has been getting enough player/GMing from LeBron. Finally it turned around and bit him in the ass. Good on him.

Comment

• Puffer wrote: View Post
                            Looking forward to watching the Clippers tonight and hoping for a poor game from all their players. I don't hate Kawhi or anything, but I hate that "you gotta trade for my guy or I'm outta here" BS. The league has been getting enough player/GMing from LeBron. Finally it turned around and bit him in the ass. Good on him.
                            Not yet, but hopefully after a few hours that will be the case. I hope Doncic goes NBA record on them tonight.
                            Official Pope of the Raptors sponsored by MLSE.

Comment

• Dvdvideo wrote: View Post
                              Not sure who to cheer for tonight....do I leave my kawai for leaving us behind and embrace my hate for the mavericks? Or do I suppress my dislike for the mavs? (Maybe stemming back to disks presense) ......
                              What is there to hate about the Mavs?

Luka is everything to cheer for in the NBA (like Booker, the new wave of stars before they become azz holes) and everyone wants a maniac billionaire owner who will open the wallet.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post

I don't watch a lot of Blazer games so I don't really know how good or bad Stotts really is.. but I don't get why Stotts didn't challenge that 3pt foul by Nurkic on Jokic? I mean, Nurkic was adamant he didn't foul. It was *only* his 3rd, but he picked up his 4th on a charge like a minute later. It also started the come back. In hindsight it was a terrible decision. With foresight though you could tell it was going to turn around and bite him in the ass.

And then the one he did challenge.. it was a damn out of bounds play with so much time on the clock, that they ended up getting wrong anyway.

But yeah, CJ has to go. Not sure how good the GM is there, but they better not do something stupid like swap CJ for Kemba or something dumb like that.
                                Blazers are the answer to the question: “ I wonder what would have happened if we kept DeRozan and Casey?”

Comment

Working...
                                X