Everything Playoffs-2021

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• slaw wrote: View Post

Wouldn't Steph Curry be exhibit A? You know, a guy who has actually won something.

History tells us good teams can play on both ends and that those are the teams that win titles, with maybe one exception in the last 20 years (and that was a team that didn't try in the regular season). Even GSW only won when they figured out how to get stops. The Clippers and Nuggets series are prime examples, just completed, of how, even in shootouts, it's ultimately the team that can force timely misses and turnovers that wins.
    Yeah, sure... Trae Young is the evolution of the trend that benefited Curry, but it just seems more obvious now that Trae is the getting favorable treatment from the refs. Whereas, with Steph, he revolutionized the game with his other-worldly distance shooting skills.

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post

The people who are harping on the Raptors to "draft for defense" aren't taking into account that the NBA has been openly changing the rules to favor offense over defense for the last decade or more. The NBA isn't shy about publicly admitting that.... even bragging about it. Trae Young is Exhibit A of their plan coming successfully to fruition. A little guy that the average fan can relate to... David slaying Goliath. People couldn't relate to Shaq, even though he tries his best to have a fun personality, he still looks like a superhuman ogre.

And that's also opened the door for random scrubs to go off from game to game. At some point in the future, defense won't matter.... it will be more about shot-making skills, just to keep up. Make or miss league.
      C'mon, Atlanta beat the freaking Knicks to advance.

Comment

• Toronto Raptors Receive: SF Brandon Ingram, C Steven Adams

New Orleans Pelicans Receive: SF OG Anunoby, C Chris Boucher, SG Rodney Hood, C Aron Baynes, 2021 first-round pick, 2023 first-round pick (top-five protected)

Getting Ingram would be a dream acquisition for the Raptors, especially considering he's a player the Pelicans would have to receive a massive offer for to even consider dealing.

Still, New Orleans has to prioritize putting the best possible team around Zion Williamson, and that means defenders and floor spacers.

Pairing Ingram with Fred VanVleet, Pascal Siakam, Gary Trent Jr. (and possibly Kyle Lowry) would immediately put the Raptors back in the East playoffs, especially with adding Adams as the team's starting center.

For New Orleans, Anunoby is the perfect small forward for Williamson to play next to, a lock-down defender who shot 39.8 percent from three and is only 23. Boucher is a much better fit than Adams at center, a floor-spacing big who can protect the rim.

Getting two more first-round picks gives New Orleans a collection that almost rivals the Oklahoma City Thunder, putting them in position to land the next disgruntled star.
        https://bleacherreport.com/articles/...-playoff-whiff

If offense is what you want. Here's the deal
        Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post

If offense is what you want. Here's the deal
          LOL - is tenforthewin creating trade proposals for the Pelicans on bleacherreport now - that's just a ludicrous proposal

Comment

• Ebonhawke wrote: View Post

LOL - is tenforthewin creating trade proposals for the Pelicans on bleacherreport now - that's just a ludicrous proposal
            it is ludicrous. the raptors are giving up 5 assets (OG, boucher, 2 first round picks, and taking on adams is the equivalent of giving up an asset) for ingram in that deal.

the thought has occurred to me that ingram might be the most available star though, since he is an awful pairing zion. was thinking more like a straight-up swap for siakam though. i still wouldn't do it, but that'd be a more fair deal

Comment

• If you are the Detroit Pistons do you not feel that your should sue Blake Griffin for non support.. Is this the same guy who moped and whined and generally fucked the dog till he took a buyout that we see giving it his all in Brooklyn ?
              There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
              - TGO

Comment

• Think Bucks are revisiting the Middleton vs Brogdon conversations?

Comment

• Middleton shrinking under the bright lights again?
                  The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

• Bucks taking a lot of off balance mid range jumpers - with predictable results

Comment

• chris wrote: View Post

it is ludicrous. the raptors are giving up 5 assets (OG, boucher, 2 first round picks, and taking on adams is the equivalent of giving up an asset) for ingram in that deal.

the thought has occurred to me that ingram might be the most available star though, since he is an awful pairing zion. was thinking more like a straight-up swap for siakam though. i still wouldn't do it, but that'd be a more fair deal
                      Giving up OG is no big deal. Vets like Jae Crowder and RoCo are always available and can replace what he brings on defense + 3pt shooting. Giving up 2 FRPs for Ingram is the bigger problem plus Adam’s salary.

Comment

• I'm surprised the Bucks are getting steamrolled like this. They had been playing pretty well. Multiple guys have just vanished.
                        "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• Wonder if a head coach has been fired mid series before?

Comment

• Is it me or this series a complete mismatch? this series shouldn't be this lopsided especially without HARDEN in the lineup. Bucks doing Bucks things I guess?
                            Mamba Mentality

Comment

• The Great One wrote: View Post
                              Is it me or this series a complete mismatch? this series shouldn't be this lopsided especially without HARDEN in the lineup. Bucks doing Bucks things I guess?
                              ZERO ball movement by the Bucks, much easier to defend 1 on 5

Comment

• The Great One wrote: View Post
                                Is it me or this series a complete mismatch? this series shouldn't be this lopsided especially without HARDEN in the lineup. Bucks doing Bucks things I guess?
                                Playoff Bud doing playoff Bud things.

Comment

Working...
                                X