Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Overrated Chant on Paul George

hahahaha

if they lose this series ….Paul George would be the perennial 2nd round playoff bust of all time lol

Comment

• What a block by Gobert to seal the win !

Defense sometimes works when it matters most….hahahaha

Comment

• Utah started the first half clunking open threes…game 2 I am sure would be different

Crush them and don’t let up next game…don’t give Kawhi the chance to take over quarters.

I am impressed that Donovan Mitchell wanted it more in the 4th quarter

Comment

• defence wins chips

Comment

• TrueTorontoFan wrote: View Post
            defence wins chips
            Amen

Comment

• I was also surprised of Bojan’s defense on Kawhi…could just be an aberration since this is just game 1 but he seem to give no.2 difficulty in finding his sweet spots which is around the 15 foot line.

I am not going to dwell too much on this because Kawhi may just be tired after a great game 6 and 7 vs. the Mavs.

Yet something to revisit after the series.

Comment

• Jokic lowest draft pick (41st!) ever to win MVP.
                2014 - the year Wiggins went #1 overall, Embiid #3 .... and we took Bruno 20th

Comment

• The Great One wrote: View Post
                  Damn Bogdanovic is pretty good.
                  I wanted either him or the one who is in Atlanta

Comment

• None of these series matter, the Nets are gonna roll any team remaining
                    9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• Kagemusha wrote: View Post

Greed over legacy.
                      He has every right to pick his poison.
                      Thinking that a quarter of $B can help in producing a lot of legacy in whichever field he chooses...

The Alphabet if he wants.. can take that contract dough and do what he wants with it for himself or a cause he finds appropriate,or, do nothing with it.....BUT... he as the option in the time honoured tradition of NBA players on the downside of their career curves to chase a ring with the superteam of the day.... Lets call it the Durant model
                      Last edited by Demographic Shift; Wed Jun 9, 2021, 10:43 AM.
                      There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
                      - TGO

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
                        None of these series matter, the Nets are gonna roll any team remaining
                        One more day to find out if Buds myriad of adjustments work to derail the Durant express... but mostly I believe he has to hope that Middletons air passages reopen and that Giannas shoots better at home than in Brooklyn.

Donovan Mitchell is pretty fucking good eh ? In a game 7 it would be nice to have your starting backcourt be comprised of Mitchell and another stone cold killer in Jamal Murray. I like Utah to take the Clips and the Suns to take Denver in the West... hell of final between the Jazz and Suns..

Also going out on a not so thin limb to say that the Hinkes don't return from Hot 'Lanta with a series lead.

There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
                        - TGO

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
                          None of these series matter, the Nets are gonna roll any team remaining
                          I've been begrudgingly impressed by the Nets. They coasted so much this season, core guys hardly played together. But they're playing well as a team. Underrated is those are all high IQ guys and given the individual skills to break you down one-on-one, just seems like there's no way to defend them. Whatever you do, they counter it with the right move. Defend them one-on-one and three different guys can get buckets with superstar level offence. Do any kind of help, rotations, switches, and they pick it apart immediately. And damn, they don't even flinch if you put a DPOY level guy like Giannis on them. Kyrie and KD putting up jumpers right in Giannis' face last game. What's the defence supposed to do with that?

And it's not just one-on-one, they'll swing the ball and drive and kick and find open guys as needed. Pick your poison.

But also, so far there's been that intangible - their stars play with so much swagger, it's infectious. Now Griffin and Brown playing like they own the world, too. And Milwaukee breaks so early. First Q last game there were just multiple highlight-worthy Brooklyn buckets. Kyrie's breaking ankles, Blake's dunking on guys, KD's putting you on skates. You're wearing a Bucks jersey and you see that happen play after play, how can you not get shook. A couple guys don't get rattled, but too many do while the opposite's happening on the Nets, the confidence is infectious.

What team's best suited to give them a run for their money? I think it would have been peak Lakers with a healthy AD.
                          "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• S.R. wrote: View Post

I've been begrudgingly impressed by the Nets. They coasted so much this season, core guys hardly played together. But they're playing well as a team. Underrated is those are all high IQ guys and given the individual skills to break you down one-on-one, just seems like there's no way to defend them. Whatever you do, they counter it with the right move. Defend them one-on-one and three different guys can get buckets with superstar level offence. Do any kind of help, rotations, switches, and they pick it apart immediately. And damn, they don't even flinch if you put a DPOY level guy like Giannis on them. Kyrie and KD putting up jumpers right in Giannis' face last game. What's the defence supposed to do with that?

And it's not just one-on-one, they'll swing the ball and drive and kick and find open guys as needed. Pick your poison.

But also, so far there's been that intangible - their stars play with so much swagger, it's infectious. Now Griffin and Brown playing like they own the world, too. And Milwaukee breaks so early. First Q last game there were just multiple highlight-worthy Brooklyn buckets. Kyrie's breaking ankles, Blake's dunking on guys, KD's putting you on skates. You're wearing a Bucks jersey and you see that happen play after play, how can you not get shook. A couple guys don't get rattled, but too many do while the opposite's happening on the Nets, the confidence is infectious.

What team's best suited to give them a run for their money? I think it would have been peak Lakers with a healthy AD.
                            lakers Nets would have been the dream final for Adam Silver
                            And fans would love it; too bad you'd have to watch one jack azz or the other lift the cup at the end

Comment

• S.R. wrote: View Post

Yeah I think Lakers with healthy AD are still the 2nd best team in this tournament. They suffered from bad injuries and bad seeding. But it's a very flawed year, none of these teams are that great, Nets are head and shoulders above everyone. Clippers are very bad after Kawhi, Nuggets would be awful without Jokic, Chris Paul, Giannis, Embiid...most of these teams, you take 1 guy off, and they're in the dregs of the lottery. That is not the case for most champions, most champions could lose their best player and still win 50 games or close to it. Nets are in that category.
                              9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• Demographic Shift wrote: View Post

One more day to find out if Buds myriad of adjustments work to derail the Durant express... but mostly I believe he has to hope that Middletons air passages reopen and that Giannas shoots better at home than in Brooklyn.

Donovan Mitchell is pretty fucking good eh ? In a game 7 it would be nice to have your starting backcourt be comprised of Mitchell and another stone cold killer in Jamal Murray. I like Utah to take the Clips and the Suns to take Denver in the West... hell of final between the Jazz and Suns..

Also going out on a not so thin limb to say that the Hinkes don't return from Hot 'Lanta with a series lead.
                                Bud's adjustments...

Comment

Working...
                                X