Everything Playoffs-2021

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• slaw wrote: View Post

Brooklyn is screwed. Didn’t watch the game but saw the score and said to my buddy either Durant or Irving got hurt.

As for the lockdowns, as I’ve said before, it’s all about whether you’re looking for reasons to open or reasons to stay closed. That’s it. The pandemic has been over for a long time. Had a lovely dinner on Friday in a full restaurant (as full as allowed), beers last night at a packed bar for UFC (way fuller than allowed) and just had people over for ribs and brisket. Way past time to get back to living.
    4 people to a table and only outside in the mecca of woke.
    We are downtown and the restaurants on Queen West and King West despite having to serve food to people on the sidewalk with a street car or truck inches from your knife and fork are still doing OK. I will wait to eat inside. Its just my preference.

Max gatherings of 5 inside or outside your casa is largely ignored as you can go visit family or friends pretty much at will without fear that the woke taliban will descend on you for high crimes and misdameanours.

No in person school which is not reading the room on the provinces part.

I expect by early to mid August Ontario too will be all gas and no brake.

Except for Bruce Arthur at the Toronto Star who is preparing for the 5th wave and has bought a pallet load of Shout to take the piss stains off his pants.

I think Kyrie has life saving surgery between now and game 6... where he returns and takes the Nets to a game 7.
    Last edited by Demographic Shift; Sun Jun 13, 2021, 07:17 PM.
    There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
    - TGO

Comment

• Difference is US has been willing to open up and leave everyone the freedom of vaccinating or not. Canada is taking a much more big brother approach and most provincial governments are aligning removing restrictions with vaccination rates. And are gung ho about vax passports.

I am not anti vax at all and normally I'd look down my nose at the US as most smug Canadians do, but on this one I respect the American commitment to freedom and respecting individual right to self determination. I'm not enjoying the general big brother approach our provinces are taking and don't think this is a great precedent to set - even if it is to fight a pandemic.

​​​​​
      "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• Ebonhawke wrote: View Post

Percentage of people with at least one shot:

- Wisconsin: 51.9%
        - Ontario: 60.8%

it's not over in the USA - it's just being ignored
        What about % double vaccinated in each place?
        We all know the only reason why ON has a higher percentage vaccinated is because they fudged the 2nd vaccination dates, extended expiring vaccines and took vaccines that the US wouldn't use in the first place.
        Last edited by G__Deane; Sun Jun 13, 2021, 09:39 PM.

Comment

• Denver is laying it all out tonight... Everything they got ...
          Phoenix is staying up a possession or two as Denver just throws wild haymakers
          Chris Paul is playing exceedingly well...and Denver doesn't have swagmaster Jamal Murray... ..

And the scrap begins as a the air from a Jokic arm swing at him knocks Cameron Payne over and causes an apparent embolyism....
          The soccer world cries out for Payne.

Jokic is pissed.. .he just stares down Booker.. who smarlty backs off a shoving match he won't win and doesn't need to engage in.
          No one wants a piece of Jokic right now...
          I think he plays every minute till the end.... He is the MVP.

WOW.. in true chickenshit fashion the NBA tosses the NBA's MVP for incidental contact on a nothing burger guard....
          Cameron Payne seems to have fully recovered...
          But his reputation in the league is dead...
          Last edited by Demographic Shift; Sun Jun 13, 2021, 09:43 PM.
          - TGO

Comment

• Ebonhawke wrote: View Post

Percentage of people with at least one shot:

- Wisconsin: 51.9%
            - Ontario: 60.8%

it's not over in the USA - it's just being ignored
            Wisconsin has only 1 person per day dying from Covid. That's the only metric that matters.

Comment

• Who had Cameron Payne as the former raptors to have the most successful post-season?
              To be the champs you got to beat the champs

Comment

• Demographic Shift wrote: View Post
                Denver is laying it all out tonight... Everything they got ...
                Phoenix is staying up a possession or two as Denver just throws wild haymakers
                Chris Paul is playing exceedingly well...and Denver doesn't have swagmaster Jamal Murray... ..

And the scrap begins as a the air from a Jokic arm swing at him knocks Cameron Payne over and causes an apparent embolyism....
                The soccer world cries out for Payne.

Jokic is pissed.. .he just stares down Booker.. who smarlty backs off a shoving match he won't win and doesn't need to engage in.
                No one wants a piece of Jokic right now...
                I think he plays every minute till the end.... He is the MVP.

WOW.. in true chickenshit fashion the NBA tosses the NBA's MVP for incidental contact on a nothing burger guard....
                Or he wont play another minute...lol dont think that deserved a flagrant 2. But i dumb frustration foul non the less.

Comment

• Classy exit by Jokic

Comment

• The NBA fucks up .. and in the wimpiest of make up calls... gives Payne an offensive foul for a leg kick on a three pointer...
                    Yes that evens it up...
                    David Guthrie has made a mistake here.

If Im Denver I pick a fight with Paul to get him out....
                    - TGO

Comment

• bertarapsfan wrote: View Post

Or he wont play another minute...lol dont think that deserved a flagrant 2. But i dumb frustration foul non the less.
                      It didn't deserve that ... Payne faked that ....
                      They could have given him a tech... a flagrant one...
                      So a point and the ball in tight game and keep the best player in the league on the floor... .They wouldn;t have tossed Lebron for that.
                      - TGO

Comment

• Demographic Shift wrote: View Post

It didn't deserve that ... Payne faked that ....
                        They could have given him a tech... a flagrant one...
                        So a point and the ball in tight game and keep the best player in the league on the floor... .They wouldn;t have tossed Lebron for that.
                        that woulda have been a flagrant on Payne if that was Lebron

Comment

• bertarapsfan wrote: View Post

that woulda have been a flagrant on Payne if that was Lebron
                          Most of the 50/50 block charge calls are startiing to go Denvers way.....
                          Gutherie is doing NBA penance
                          I would love to listen to the tape of the post mortem on this game between the league and the officials. .

They have a 10 year guy in Kevin Ford and a 6 year guy in Tyler Ford as booth commanders in beautiful downtown Seacacus NJ ...
                          Wonder if Gutherie took the safe way out and deffered to the replay centre or made the call himself...
                          Last edited by Demographic Shift; Sun Jun 13, 2021, 10:10 PM.
                          - TGO

Comment

• I mean the clock was always ticking on Denver with no Murray. Admirable to get to the second round anyway. Jokic a hell of a player.

Really hope the Jazz get Conley and Mitchell back soon. Playoffs turning into last healthy team standing at this rate.
                            "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• Still not sure how good these Suns are. The Nuggets are missing their 2 best guards + Barton isn't fully healthy.
                              Mamba Mentality

Comment

• I thought that game would be a blowout after Jokic was ejected

Comment

Working...
                                X