Everything Playoffs-2021

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Great One wrote: View Post
    Most important game of the year and Durant is out there laying an egg.
    You were saying?
    To be the champs you got to beat the champs

Comment

• Giannis is not that guy
      Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post
        Giannis is not that guy
        Ya that's the kinda stuff that happens when your best player needs the ball within 10 feet of the hoop
        To be the champs you got to beat the champs

Comment

• Durant with an all time great performance. Simply amazing.

Comment

• Should probably also give kudos to Jeff Green who saved the Nets as well.

Comment

• KD played every minute.
              49pts, 17reb, 10a, 3s, 2b
              Shot 69/44/81
              Ridiculous.

Comment

• That was incredible
                "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• I don't think Giannis is the problem. He's a reliable playoff performer. Milwaukee's problem is they're trying to win with Middleton as their second guy. What you need with Giannis is a Murray/Mitchell/Booker type second guy. A scoring guard who can get offence off the bounce. A flat out better player than Middleton. Middleton's a) just not good enough to be the 2nd guy on a serious team, and b) the wrong type of player to pair up with Giannis. What does having an overhyped 3+D do in these games. When in the playoffs does Middleton ever win games for the Bucks. Your 2nd guy should be able to do that sometimes, not just be a nice role player.

Too many frontrunners on that team.
                  "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• S.R. wrote: View Post
                    I don't think Giannis is the problem. He's a reliable playoff performer. Milwaukee's problem is they're trying to win with Middleton as their second guy. What you need with Giannis is a Murray/Mitchell/Booker type second guy. A scoring guard who can get offence off the bounce. A flat out better player than Middleton. Middleton's a) just not good enough to be the 2nd guy on a serious team, and b) the wrong type of player to pair up with Giannis. What does having an overhyped 3+D do in these games. When in the playoffs does Middleton ever win games for the Bucks. Your 2nd guy should be able to do that sometimes, not just be a nice role player.

Not sure that I agree. They brought in Jrue who should be a very reliable option and who’s **First Team All NBA defense**. And they got some other capable guys there.

Ultimately, Giannis is just not Kevin Durant imo, and I don’t think he ever could be. The package of athleticism, size and SKILL that Durant brings… I’ve never seen anyone else like him. He’s like the Jordan/Kobe/Lebron but as a 7 footer.

First player in playoff history with 45/15/10.

He’s something else to watch when he’s locked in.

Giannis can drive to the rim at will cause he’s a frickin monster, absolutely. But he’ll never acquire the finesse and skill that KD’s got, and for me, that’s the Michael Jordan shit that blows minds, takes over, and wins chips.

Tonight is one game but to me encapsulates it pretty clearly until I see otherwise. Giannis shows out in the beginning, but KD shows up in the end.

(All that said, we’re probably headed to 7.)

Comment

• S.R. wrote: View Post
                      I don't think Giannis is the problem. He's a reliable playoff performer. Milwaukee's problem is they're trying to win with Middleton as their second guy. What you need with Giannis is a Murray/Mitchell/Booker type second guy. A scoring guard who can get offence off the bounce. A flat out better player than Middleton. Middleton's a) just not good enough to be the 2nd guy on a serious team, and b) the wrong type of player to pair up with Giannis. What does having an overhyped 3+D do in these games. When in the playoffs does Middleton ever win games for the Bucks. Your 2nd guy should be able to do that sometimes, not just be a nice role player.

I will concede though that Giannis needed something other than a Middleton.

He needed a Kyle, a Pascal.
                      An OG and a Fred.

But he blew it.

Comment

• yeah that was the best game of durant's career, easily. lotsa people been crowning him the best player in the world recently but i was not prepared to do so given that he hadn't seen a double team in 5 years and no superstar in history took easier shots while amassing their kudos than durant in GS. but tonight was a much higher degree of difficulty with harden hobbled and no kyrie, even if the bucks still maddeningly try to defend him one on one just about every possession.

i might have to rethink that best player thing.

also i agree with chuck. milwaukee's decision making on both ends is dumbfounding. rarely doubling, rarely switching, keeping lopez on the court way too often, giannis walking into three's shooting less than 15% with minutes left and their season on the line. it's fucking inexcusable on this stage.

Comment

• chris wrote: View Post
                          yeah that was the best game of durant's career, easily. lotsa people been crowning him the best player in the world recently but i was not prepared to do so given that he hadn't seen a double team in 5 years and no superstar in history took easier shots while amassing their kudos than durant in GS. but tonight was a much higher degree of difficulty with harden hobbled and no kyrie, even if the bucks still maddeningly try to defend him one on one just about every possession.

i might have to rethink that best player thing.

also i agree with chuck. milwaukee's decision making on both ends is dumbfounding. rarely doubling, rarely switching, keeping lopez on the court way too often, giannis walking into three's shooting less than 15% with minutes left and their season on the line. it's fucking inexcusable on this stage.
                          Re the doubling… did you see Harden wave off the double team when he was guarding Giannis in the post in the last minutes of the game?

Giannis shot the turnaround jumper over him and clanked it.

They don’t respect GA in the crunch.

Comment

• GOLDBLUM wrote: View Post

Re the doubling… did you see Harden wave off the double team when he was guarding Giannis in the post in the last minutes of the game?

Giannis shot the turnaround jumper over him and clanked it.

They don’t respect GA in the crunch.
                            i did see that. pretty baller call by harden. still though, giannis should dominate that matchup obviously. face harden up (he couldn't move laterally and gave up blow-bys all night) or pivot/drop step towards the hoop and go up strong. instead he faded away because he's too terrified of going to the line

Comment

• I know KD went supernova in the 4th but that was a terrible loss for the Bucks. No Kyrie, Harden not 100% and they still lost the game? they were in control of that game the first 3 quarters too.

I know Bud will likely get all the blame if they lose this series. But what about Giannis shot selection in the clutch? dude was out there shooting 3's and fadeaway?
                              Mamba Mentality

Comment

• chris wrote: View Post

i did see that. pretty baller call by harden. still though, giannis should dominate that matchup obviously. face harden up (he couldn't move laterally and gave up blow-bys all night) or pivot/drop step towards the hoop and go up strong. instead he faded away because he's too terrified of going to the line
                                Yeah, on that drive in the fourth where Connaughton blew by Harden, he looked like he was 55yrs old.

So Giannis, instead of pulling out any of the many tools in his toolkit to easily dominate that matchup, he shoots the awkward fadeaway in crunch time and blows it.

Just not on the same skill level…

….

If Giannis is the Alphabet…
                                KD is Astrophysics.

Comment

Working...
                                X