No announcement yet.

Everything Playoffs-2021

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I mean Giannis just isn't a shot creator and won't be, he's a forward without a jump shot. A player like that can dominate at a championship level but needs a scoring guard. The template exists. People want Giannis to be something he's not, Bucks need him to be something he's not with their current makeup or they lose. Not excusing particular plays, just in general as Milwaukee keeps flaming out in the playoffs. Giannis produces pretty reliably. The rest of that team doesn't and the makeup's not right. People actually calling Giannis out for not guarding KD, and pointing out how KD played 48 and Giannis just 41. Brooklyn has 1 of their top 3 guys healthy, Giannis puts up 34+12 on 64% shooting and...Milwaukee loses unless he also guards the other team's best player AND plays over 41 minutes? Maybe there's not enough on that team if that's what they need from Giannis to win second round games.

Shaq never won anything without Kobe or Wade. Giannis needs a Kobe/Wade, both as a player type and as a calibre of teammate. You're not getting it done with Khris Middleton. (Probably not with Bud, either.)

If Milwuakee flames out here and can't get past the second round with a prime MVP/DPOY centrepiece, I don't think management there will know what to do next at all. I predict a lot of wheel spinning and lateral moves, deck chairs will be shuffled.
    "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• S.R. wrote: View Post
      I mean Giannis just isn't a shot creator and won't be, he's a forward without a jump shot. A player like that can dominate at a championship level but needs a scoring guard. The template exists. People want Giannis to be something he's not, Bucks need him to be something he's not with their current makeup or they lose. Not excusing particular plays, just in general as Milwaukee keeps flaming out in the playoffs. Giannis produces pretty reliably. The rest of that team doesn't and the makeup's not right. People actually calling Giannis out for not guarding KD, and pointing out how KD played 48 and Giannis just 41. Brooklyn has 1 of their top 3 guys healthy, Giannis puts up 34+12 on 64% shooting and...Milwaukee loses unless he also guards the other team's best player AND plays over 41 minutes? Maybe there's not enough on that team if that's what they need from Giannis to win second round games.

Shaq never won anything without Kobe or Wade. Giannis needs a Kobe/Wade, both as a player type and as a calibre of teammate. You're not getting it done with Khris Middleton. (Probably not with Bud, either.)

If Milwuakee flames out here and can't get past the second round with a prime MVP/DPOY centrepiece, I don't think management there will know what to do next at all. I predict a lot of wheel spinning and lateral moves, deck chairs will be shuffled.
      Might be one of those lateral moves you’re referring to… I wonder about Blazers and Bucks swapping CJ and Middleton.

Feel like maybe CJ is a little more reliable as a scoring option for the Bucks, and Portland could keep Norm and then have Kris at the 3…

Don’t know what MLK can get that would be better than that to upgrade what Middleton lacks…

Comment

• 49/17/10 .... criticize that .... Kyrie out, Harden hurting, he's still a straight out Alpha. What he couldn't get the 50 piece?

"Kevin Durant is the first player in NBA postseason history with 45 points, 15 rebounds and 10 assists in a game."

"Kevin Durant shot 69.6 percent from the floor tonight, the third-highest field goal percentage in a 40-point triple-double in playoff history."

Last edited by G__Deane; Wed Jun 16, 2021, 09:27 AM.

Comment

• Hot off the press, Windhorst:
          Kawhi Leonard is expected to miss Game 5 against the Jazz tonight with a knee injury suffered in game 4. His status for rest of series is in doubt as well.

Comment

• I've never seen a worse good coach than Budenholzer.
            9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• G__Deane wrote: View Post
              Hot off the press, Windhorst:
              Kawhi Leonard is expected to miss Game 5 against the Jazz tonight with a knee injury suffered in game 4. His status for rest of series is in doubt as well.
              That's actually pretty disappointing. That means Utah and Phoenix get a cute little battle for the right to lose to the Nets in 5.

edit: aaand CP3 has covid. Jazz-Nets it is.
              Last edited by KeonClark; Wed Jun 16, 2021, 09:57 AM.
              9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• Chris Paul entered Covid protocol
                Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• KD had the 3rd highest playoff "game score" ever after Dame and Barkley (MJ is now 4th in the list).
                  https://www.basketball-reference.com...ame_score.html

Pretty awesome performance.

And Bucks fans:

Comment

• I thought the Nets would get a gentleman's sweep after game 3 and was WRONG. I guess Kyrie going down in Game 4 contributed to that, and I had thought KD would have last night's game in Game 4, but wow.

Credit to Harden out there playing. He's obviously hurt but he made a difference in a close game.

Comment

• Utah: Mitchell - hurt his ankle, Conley's been out.
                      LAC: Serge done, Kawhi possibly done for the series
                      Phoenix: Paul in Covid protocol
                      Philly: Embiid looks like he was hit by a truck, Danny is out 2-3 weeks
                      Brooklyn: Kyrie out, Harden is playing hurt. KD just played 48 minutes
                      Atlanta: De'Andre Hunter out

You also had the Lakers with Davis hurt and Lebron on a bum ankle and Brown out for the Celtics series.

Been such an ass of a season. Healthiest team will win.. and that could be Atlanta.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
                        Utah: Mitchell - hurt his ankle, Conley's been out.
                        LAC: Serge done, Kawhi possibly done for the series
                        Phoenix: Paul in Covid protocol
                        Philly: Embiid looks like he was hit by a truck, Danny is out 2-3 weeks
                        Brooklyn: Kyrie out, Harden is playing hurt. KD just played 48 minutes
                        Atlanta: De'Andre Hunter out

You also had the Lakers with Davis hurt and Lebron on a bum ankle and Brown out for the Celtics series.

Been such an ass of a season. Healthiest team will win.. and that could be Atlanta.
                        Very disappointing, these playoffs started off with some great basketball (some years the first round sucks), but the whole thing is falling apart. What a waste.

The NBA likely tried to do too much with too little over the past 15 months. Got to get games on TV. Paying the price now.

Comment

Very disappointing, these playoffs started off with some great basketball (some years the first round sucks), but the whole thing is falling apart. What a waste.

The NBA likely tried to do too much with too little over the past 15 months. Got to get games on TV. Paying the price now.
                          Yeah.. I mean even if the Raps got in, Pascal could have been out with this shoulder thing.

Some of the injuries were fluky like Kyrie's.. but I suspect the lack of a summer / proper training camp was the biggest reason for all these injuries. They are going back to a regular NBA calendar which means another shortened summer for everyone.

In that way it's good to have the Raptors out already so they can rest up properly. But we'll probably see the same kind of problems next season too.

Comment

Maybe. Embiid and Leonard played like 50 games each. Them being injured has more to do with the fact that they are always injured. Some of the injuries have been freak things that happen. Paul being out with COVID 'protocols' is a farce but has nothing to do with playing too many games in a compressed timeline.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post

Yeah.. I mean even if the Raps got in, Pascal could have been out with this shoulder thing.

Some of the injuries were fluky like Kyrie's.. but I suspect the lack of a summer / proper training camp was the biggest reason for all these injuries. They are going back to a regular NBA calendar which means another shortened summer for everyone.

In that way it's good to have the Raptors out already so they can rest up properly. But we'll probably see the same kind of problems next season too.
                              And in all likelihood.. they are going to do it again as the NBA aligns itself with its normal seasonality this coming year...
                              The playoffs should end by mid July
                              Draft is a couple weeks later...FA begins a day or two after the draft...
                              They will have summer league in August
                              Training camps in Sept..
                              And be back at it in mid October.
                              In a league driven by top heavy rosters .. that could take its toll on the NBA star system.
                              There will be tons of DNP - Rest scratches next year I think... that or risk your best players getting hurt a lot and out for long stretches.
                              There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
                              - TGO

Comment

• slaw wrote: View Post

Maybe. Embiid and Leonard played like 50 games each. Them being injured has more to do with the fact that they are always injured. Some of the injuries have been freak things that happen. Paul being out with COVID 'protocols' is a farce but has nothing to do with playing too many games in a compressed timeline.
                                Yeah it's really hard to quantify given how subjective some of the issues at hand are, and the league is officially in denial, but there is emerging data that this is worse than usual this year and a compressed schedule is a contributing factor (e.g. factors like having to do away with regular physical maintenance routines due to the compressed schedule, it's not just about total game minutes) - Data shows NBA injuries up in condensed season (espn.com)

Comment

Working...
                                X