No announcement yet.

Everything Playoffs-2021

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• People used to say about raptors under Dwayne Casey that they would lose their composure on the court because they see their coach and leader losing his cool and stressing out to the referee like his pants were on fire. Same could be said for Doc. If you have a team that never won and they see their coach aghast at the situation an inexperienced team may not be composed.

Nurse certainly complains a lot but initially seemed to keep his composure a bit more under control.

Comment

• I'd give Utah a pass right now. Conley is out and he really is the fulcrum for that offence, and Mitchell's their most (only?) dynamic scorer and finisher and he's playing on one good ankle now. That starting back court is too important for them to not take a pretty big step back. Now they're left with guys who are very much role players trying to run the team.
      "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• S.R. wrote: View Post
        I'd give Utah a pass right now. Conley is out and he really is the fulcrum for that offence, and Mitchell's their most (only?) dynamic scorer and finisher and he's playing on one good ankle now. That starting back court is too important for them to not take a pretty big step back. Now they're left with guys who are very much role players trying to run the team.
        Yeah, but the Jazz are getting punked by Reggie Jackson and Marcus Morris. That simply cannot happen to a legit contender with a DPOY and perennial COY candidate. Clippers had an ORTG of 127 last night (minus Kawhi and let's not forget Ibaka is out too).

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post

Yeah, but the Jazz are getting punked by Reggie Jackson and Marcus Morris. That simply cannot happen to a legit contender with a DPOY and perennial COY candidate. Clippers had an ORTG of 127 last night (minus Kawhi and let's not forget Ibaka is out too).
          lol yes they got lit up. Gobert was actually ok (they were much worse with him off the floor last night) but his limitations are very pronounced with Conley out. He's only useful on one side of the floor.

And yeah, it's a war of attrition now and whoever steps up, wins. Last night it was the LAC Big 3 of PG, Reggie Jackson. And Marcus Morris out gunning a Bogdanovic.

Second round series shouldn't come down to shoot outs between players like this, but here we are.

Comment

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post
            Jazz are lowkey chokers
            Harsh....
            The Jazz played a good game..
            The Clips however played the game of the playoffs for them so far...
            They needed and got level 10 horseshoe performances from a Morris twin, from the forgettable Reggie Jackson and a 2nd year guy in Mann who likely had his career to date game....... and they got red hot from hot and cold playoff paul.

FWIW...Terrence Mann is a Florida State guy who played for hard ass, play defense and give me everything you got every minute on the floor or you don't play coach Leonard Hamilton... Same school and coach as Scottie Barnes. And Barnes as a freshman is reportedly far more talented at this stage of his career than Mann was when he was drafted as a senior.
            There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
            - TGO

Comment

lol yes they got lit up. Gobert was actually ok (they were much worse with him off the floor last night) but his limitations are very pronounced with Conley out. He's only useful on one side of the floor.

And yeah, it's a war of attrition now and whoever steps up, wins. Last night it was the LAC Big 3 of PG, Reggie Jackson. And Marcus Morris out gunning a Bogdanovic.

Second round series shouldn't come down to shoot outs between players like this, but here we are.
              We tend to forget that the other team is trying their god damned best to win too.
              I still like the Jazz's chances to come out of this one...
              Just how many Reggie Jackson and peak efficiency Playoff Paul games are there ?
              Full value to them last night...
              Lets see if they can do it again.
              - TGO

Comment

• Demographic Shift wrote: View Post

Harsh....
                The Jazz played a good game..
                The Clips however played the game of the playoffs for them so far...
                They needed and got level 10 horseshoe performances from a Morris twin, from the forgettable Reggie Jackson and a 2nd year guy in Mann who likely had his career to date game....... and they got red hot from hot and cold playoff paul.

FWIW...Terrence Mann is a Florida State guy who played for hard ass, play defense and give me everything you got every minute on the floor or you don't play coach Leonard Hamilton... Same school and coach as Scottie Barnes. And Barnes as a freshman is reportedly far more talented at this stage of his career than Mann was when he was drafted as a senior.
                I thought LA played great. Their individual effort on defense in second half was very impressive and they really moved the ball on offense and made shots. Morris, Jackson, Mann, Kennard, Beverley, Batum... thought all those guys played really good. It certainly appears to be a much different team than the one that coughed up the Nuggets series last year. Much more resilient in-game and some complimentary weapons for Kawhi and George.

Utah played pretty good but their offense got stuck on a lot possessions trying to force the play through Mitchell when it just wasn't there and then they had some breakdowns defensively that cost them.

Comment

• slaw wrote: View Post

I thought LA played great. Their individual effort on defense in second half was very impressive and they really moved the ball on offense and made shots. Morris, Jackson, Mann, Kennard, Beverley, Batum... thought all those guys played really good. It certainly appears to be a much different team than the one that coughed up the Nuggets series last year. Much more resilient in-game and some complimentary weapons for Kawhi and George.

Utah played pretty good but their offense got stuck on a lot possessions trying to force the play through Mitchell when it just wasn't there and then they had some breakdowns defensively that cost them.
                  Oh make no mistake here ... the Clips are worth every dram of that win and then another round.
                  No ifs ands or buts, they beat Utah.
                  They hung in during the first big push by Utah and went basket for basket with Bogdonvich. They then hit the flat spot and died for about 5 minutes but cut the lead from 12 to 6 at the half. Then the came out and took it to Utah the rest of the way. Impressive road win in the second round in the bellweather 5th game of the series.

In a make or miss league the Clips didn't miss last night.
                  George
                  and
                  Jackson
                  and
                  Morriss
                  and
                  Mann
                  in that order showed up and won on the road.

Without Leonard I don't think they can do that again.
                  I still like the Jazz. Mitchell is hurt but if he is going to take all his shots he needs to play better.
                  Last edited by Demographic Shift; Thu Jun 17, 2021, 02:04 PM.
                  - TGO

Comment

Oh make no mistake here ... the Clips are worth every dram of that win and then another round.
                    No ifs ands or buts, they beat Utah.
                    They hung in during the first big push by Utah and went basket for basket with Bogdonvich. They then hit the flat spot and died for about 5 minutes but cut the lead from 12 to 6 at the half. Then the came out and took it to Utah the rest of the way. Impressive road win in the second round in the bellweather 5th game of the series.

In a make or miss league the Clips didn't miss last night.
                    George
                    and
                    Jackson
                    and
                    Morriss
                    and
                    Mann
                    in that order showed up and won on the road.

I don't think they can do that again.
                    I still like the Jazz.
                    i dunno about morris or mann, but PG has been really good for most of these playoffs and reggie jackson has arguably been their most consistent player not named kawhi. the dallas series flipped when they benched beverley for jackson.

i badly want the clippers to lose but i think the jazz are in trouble. mitchell is really hobbled and i don't think you can bank on the automatic 35+ that they need from him without conley. gobert is struggling against a small team for the 4th or 5th consecutive year. their non-mitchell shooters have largely disappeared away from utah.

hopefully conley can come back and give them some play and shot making otherwise i think this ends tomorrow, but i wouldn't hold my breath. they said last night he suffered a setback a few days ago.

Comment

• So its a true do or die tonight in the the city that gave the world Schlitz, Pabst Blue Ribbon and Old Milwaukee. The Bucks lost always pivotal game 5 to the nets and a fantastic performance by Kevin Durant. The Nets didn't win this as much as the Bucks lost it. The Nets did a Hawks and the Bucks did a Philly.

So who ya got tonight ?

Can Durant play another triple double and put up a 50 burger again with a bit more help from Harden tonight ?
                      or
                      Do the Bucks get close to a Durant like game, at home, from one or more of the Alphabet, Holiday and Middleton ? Are Durants legs and cardio all the way back after that huge 48 minute effort a couple nights ago ?.

Going Bucks and getting a don't miss game 7 in NYC for me. I can't see Philly or the Hawks taking either of these teams.
                      - TGO

Comment

• chris wrote: View Post

i dunno about morris or mann, but PG has been really good for most of these playoffs and reggie jackson has arguably been their most consistent player not named kawhi. the dallas series flipped when they benched beverley for jackson.

i badly want the clippers to lose but i think the jazz are in trouble. mitchell is really hobbled and i don't think you can bank on the automatic 35+ that they need from him without conley. gobert is struggling against a small team for the 4th or 5th consecutive year. their non-mitchell shooters have largely disappeared away from utah.

hopefully conley can come back and give them some play and shot making otherwise i think this ends tomorrow, but i wouldn't hold my breath. they said last night he suffered a setback a few days ago.
                        Well even if Doug and the Slugs finally lift these bubble wrap protections (for your own good of course') I am going to watch this game. I am hoping its as good as game 5. Whoever wins this series will have a good shot at the NBA finals. .

I think the Jazz have enough to get by the Clips even if they meet another good but not great effort from the Clips. Just don't see the Clips being able to rise to that level again. Mitchell has to play better.
                        - TGO

Comment

• chris wrote: View Post

i dunno about morris or mann, but PG has been really good for most of these playoffs .
                          PG has been much better this postseason than last. Now putting up 26/9/5 on considerably better FG% than in the bubble.

Comment

Well even if Doug and the Slugs finally lift these bubble wrap protections (for your own good of course') I am going to watch this game. I am hoping its as good as game 5. Whoever wins this series will have a good shot at the NBA finals. .

I think the Jazz have enough to get by the Clips even if they meet another good but not great effort from the Clips. Just don't see the Clips being able to rise to that level again. Mitchell has to play better.
                            yeah i'll be watching too. just not sure mitchell is going to be able to play better as hurt as he looked last night. he mostly settled for jumpers and had a ton of trouble trying to get to the basket.

Comment

PG has been much better this postseason than last. Now putting up 26/9/5 on considerably better FG% than in the bubble.
                              yeah the boxscores are mostly impressive. think he kinda disappeared in a couple of second halves against dallas but apart from that he's been completely awesome. i hate to see it.

Comment

• i can see utah coming back next series with a a psuedo healthy conley and having them cause problems.

Comment

Working...
                                X