• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TrueTorontoFan wrote: View Post
    s
    o its a pitching issue
    Yes.
    There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
    - TGO

Comment

• None of these teams look like they would have for sure beaten the raps in 7, its too bad we didn't get to find out. Prob Siakams injury would have stopped us anyhow. Just be happy to see the nets loose, even better if bucks go on to face Utah and lose, that's a dream scenario having none of the stacked teams win. (Although the bucks technically aren't either, I just am not a fan, though I do like pj so there's that I guess......)

Comment

• Saw the fourth quarter last night. Was really impressed at the Bucks actually doing some switching. It rattled the Nets players enough that they just hammered it home. Whenever Giannis switched onto KD, he had no answer. Plus Middleton was on fire.

Bud's best quarter of the playoffs ever. Let's hope for the Bucks sake he keeps that up into game 7.

I think PJ is really overrated. He plays hard, but I don't think he really has much impact in the game. Like the Pat Bev of guards.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
          Saw the fourth quarter last night. Was really impressed at the Bucks actually doing some switching. It rattled the Nets players enough that they just hammered it home. Whenever Giannis switched onto KD, he had no answer. Plus Middleton was on fire.

Bud's best quarter of the playoffs ever. Let's hope for the Bucks sake he keeps that up into game 7.

I think PJ is really overrated. He plays hard, but I don't think he really has much impact in the game. Like the Pat Bev of guards.

Durant cooks bigs, presumably off switches, some defenders with strong reputations haven't done that well against him, long perimeter defenders are the best guys to put on him in general - obviously, but interesting which ones have had better success against him.
          ​​​
          Last edited by S.R.; Fri Jun 18, 2021, 08:51 AM.
          "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• With lebron-the-tamperer already ousted, how poetic would it be for the fake manufactured buddy-up Nets to be similarly pushed aside by the guy who refused to join other superstars and instead, stayed in Milwaukee of all places?

I still would have taken him in Toronto though

Comment

• S.R. wrote: View Post

Durant cooks bigs, presumably off switches, some defenders with strong reputations haven't done that well against him, long perimeter defenders are the best guys to put on him in general - obviously, but interesting which ones have had better success against him.
              ​​​
              If only Giannis played for the Bucks, then he could guard Durant all series.

Comment

• Its do or die for the Hinkies tonight. Win or go home. This is the Hawks one legit shot to finish the upset as its hard to see them winning 3 out of 4 on the road if they cough up a hairball at home tonight.
                The Hinkies are the better team hands down yet they are chronic under achievers and not exactly road warriors.
                Think its going to be an intense period of introspection in Philly this summer.

Utah and the Clips.
                Must see basketball.
                That first quarter in Utah was incredible. Hope we get treated to that kind of a game again
                Can the Clips rise up and fight above their weight class again ?
                I think no.

Hawks and Jazz.
                - TGO

Comment

• Well they keep putting the Utah clippers on sportsnet 360, the one channel I don't have, thanks for that sportsnet......

Comment

• [QUOTE=Dvdvideo;n1389692]Well they keep putting the Utah clippers on sportsnet 360, the one channel I don't have, thanks for that sportsnet......[/QUOTE

If you're not into illegal streams consider cutting cable and subscribing to Sportsnet now and TSN direct. No cable bill, $20/month each but you can cancel them during the offseason or when global pandemics arrive. Comes with all the TSN/Sportnset channels. I quite like!

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
                      I remember PJ's half year year with us, I loved him. One playoff game he had like 0 points, 1 assist, 11 rebounds and was like + 15 and we won. In the postgame interview Leo asked him what it would take for the raptors to win the series and he said "we need Demar to play defense". It was like he was an RR poster. Not to sound cliche but he brings intangibles in my view. Getting up in Durant's face and getting a flagrant foul when the other guys are playing scared. Every team needs a PJ and if they cost under $10 mill worth every penny in my view.

Comment

• Hawks with a good start to the game.

Harris and Simmons both with 2 fouls 6 minutes in, Curry looks like he's injured his left shoulder

Comment

• I see Philly is off to a great start.

Comment

• Rudy Bargnani wrote: View Post

I remember PJ's half year year with us, I loved him. One playoff game he had like 0 points, 1 assist, 11 rebounds and was like + 15 and we won. In the postgame interview Leo asked him what it would take for the raptors to win the series and he said "we need Demar to play defense". It was like he was an RR poster. Not to sound cliche but he brings intangibles in my view. Getting up in Durant's face and getting a flagrant foul when the other guys are playing scared. Every team needs a PJ and if they cost under $10 mill worth every penny in my view.
                            All that for sure made him a fan favourite. After we drafted him, he didn't stick around in the league, played in Europe for a bunch of years, then came back to the nba on a then crappy Phoenix team. We sort of rescued him from there, got him on the same year we got Serge, and in my book started to re-vitalize his career (no one was talking about him much before he got here). Then after 1 year he took less money to go play in Houston, and I think that soured him to many fans.

Ironically we won a championship shortly after he left, while Houston imploded, so you kinda feel bad for him in a way. He's now 36 and this might be his final shot a title with the Bucks.

Comment

• inthepaint wrote: View Post

All that for sure made him a fan favourite. After we drafted him, he didn't stick around in the league, played in Europe for a bunch of years, then came back to the nba on a then crappy Phoenix team. We sort of rescued him from there, got him on the same year we got Serge, and in my book started to re-vitalize his career (no one was talking about him much before he got here). Then after 1 year he took less money to go play in Houston, and I think that soured him to many fans.

Ironically we won a championship shortly after he left, while Houston imploded, so you kinda feel bad for him in a way. He's now 36 and this might be his final shot a title with the Bucks.
                              There is no state income tax in Texas. The overall cost of living is much lower in Houston than Toronto
                              He may have taken less money at contract value... but he took a lot more home with him and his dough goes further in Houston than Toronto.
                              Last edited by Demographic Shift; Fri Jun 18, 2021, 08:26 PM.
                              - TGO

Comment

• LouWill letting the 76ers back into the game - Some questionable shot selection by the Hawks this quarter

Comment

Working...
                                X