• Show
Clear All

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post
    Jazz choking
    I take that back that harsh comment.
    They have indeed choked........

Terrance Mann wiped them out.

On to Phoenix they go.

There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
    - TGO

Comment

• What a game from Mitchell though, 39/9/9 on a completely trashed ankle. He's the only baller they've got.
      "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• Up 25 in a must win game against a team missing their best player and they still lost lol. That was an all time choke job.
        Mamba Mentality

Comment

• S.R. wrote: View Post
          What a game from Mitchell though, 39/9/9 on a completely trashed ankle. He's the only baller they've got.
          Gave up 81 in the second half. Just atrocious defense. Hard to believe they collapsed like that two games in a row. Tough for Jazz fans.

Comment

• slaw wrote: View Post

Gave up 81 in the second half. Just atrocious defense. Hard to believe they collapsed like that two games in a row. Tough for Jazz fans.
            Ty Lue just ran a clinic for Quinn Snyder and I don't think Snyder learned anything. Clippers just went 5 out and kept running the same screen over and over again on the wing with Gobert floating around the key. Either scored on the drive or made a pass for an open corner three. I swear that was 80% of their 2nd half buckets and Utah never adjusted. Gobert was too slow. Didn't even need multiple screens or off ball action or anything. It was the same play over and over.
            "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• Wow, Utah will look back at this for years wondering how/why. Maybe they just weren't as good as it seemed. 80 points in a half, is that record for worst defense ever in a semi final?

Comment

• The Great One wrote: View Post
                I'd fire Quinn Snyder on the spot. This is one of the worst coaching performance i've seen in a while. He hasn't made a single adjustment in this series. Dude is stubborn as hell. I don't care that Gobert won the DPOY award. He's a MASSIVE liability out there against the Clippers small ball lineup. He can't guard/switch on shooters.
                Yeah, Snyder didn’t have the balls to bench Gobert and Favors for the series. That was the correct adjustment.

It’s exactly the same as when the Scott Brooks kept starting Kendrick Perkins in the Finals when the Heat went small ball. Sometimes coaches and players egos/pride/loyalty get in the way of doing the obvious. Nurse had the same problem with Gasol vs the Celtics in the bubble.

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post

Yeah, Snyder didn’t have the balls to bench Gobert and Favors for the series. That was the correct adjustment.

It’s exactly the same as when the Scott Brooks kept starting Kendrick Perkins in the Finals when the Heat went small ball. Sometimes coaches and players egos/pride/loyalty get in the way of doing the obvious. Nurse had the same problem with Gasol vs the Celtics in the bubble.
                  similar situations with a glaring difference being that OKC had not just handed perkins a 5 year deal just shy of the supermax. i can imagine there's more organizational pressure to keep him on the floor than there was for perk.

but yeah exhibit A as to why he should never have been considered a 'plan B' to giannis.

Comment

• Really thought the 76ers were going to crumble again, but they found a way to win. Ben Simmons has turned into a role player these playoffs. A really highly paid role player. His stock has to have really crashed. Although if they can get through game 7, Simmons stock will rise again.

The Clippers are now like the 3rd or 4th team to come back being down 25. Crazy playoffs. And Lue has shown the world why he wasn't just some dumb coach that just happened to be there when Lebron won in Cleveland. He's good.. he made the right adjustments and Utah didn't. Gobert was just unplayable and they kept using him, and Lue continued to go small and just feasted with open 3's. Felt like I was watching a Dwayne Casey led team.

I didn't catch the final quarter but the Clipper win was inevitable going into it. Paul George has erased his demons. Winning two critical games without Kawhi. And both Reggie Jackson and Terence Mann look like studs. You know you have a pretty good coach when you can turn Reggie Jackson into a good player.

Why don't coach's like to adjust mid game? Like how hard is it? You have assistants to help you too. Is it an ego thing? Snyder won't get fired for this showing.. but he'll be on thin ice going into next season.

I have Phoenix over LAC even if Paul isn't good to go right away. I think the series will be close. I could see LAC playing Ayton off the floor, but unlike Utah I think the Suns will adjust better. I could see it going to 6 or 7 games for sure though. LAC's role players have really stepped up.. and they aren't shy of the moment at all. Phoenix however can defend LAC's guys better than Utah could.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post

I have Phoenix over LAC even if Paul isn't good to go right away. I think the series will be close. I could see LAC playing Ayton off the floor, but unlike Utah I think the Suns will adjust better. I could see it going to 6 or 7 games for sure though. LAC's role players have really stepped up.. and they aren't shy of the moment at all. Phoenix however can defend LAC's guys better than Utah could.
                      I can't see them playing Ayton off the floor. He is a much better offensive player than Gobert, you put Batum at Center, Ayton will dominate, but the Clippers will get their shots on him as well. If that happens, Suns can look to Crowder or Craig at C.

I think the Jazz got too caught up on Gobert being a 3 time DPOY and let him play. Clippers spaced him out and Gobert isn't good enough offensively to punish small ball.

The Suns will be a tough team, their role players have played well and they went through some decent teams in the Lakers and swept the Nuggets, sure those two teams had injuries, but the Suns still did their job, can't say the same for the Jazz.

Comment

• planetmars Watching Snyder last night and Bud in Milwaukee kind of makes you appreciate just how good Nurse is on in game adjustments.

S.R. I am still shocked that the Jazz watched Lue run the same play for an entire half to free up Mann for the corner 3 and they did nada. It was like the Ali jab. Its coming. You know its coming. I am telling you its coming. And you still walk into it. Time and time and time again. .
                        And in a make or miss league the Clips made their shots last night in the second half. All of them. They must have been 60% from the floor.

LOTS of introspection happening this summer as teams determine if they bring the band back or start to tinker.
                        Boston kicked it off by moving Walker out.
                        The Jazz I think roll it back. Conley makes a big difference to them and he was hurt for this series.
                        Indy must hate Nates. They blamed McMillan who has Atlanta a game away from the conference finals and they hung this seasons pratfall on Bjorkgren. In sober second thought they might looks at the team construct and make a move or two.
                        If Philly finds a way to lose to the Hawks I expect Trader Daryl to be on the phones as well.
                        God I hope they lose and in conjunction with that the Suns advance to the finals.
                        Ujrii will really have the oppty to make a market for an experienced PG with gas in the tank who can make a difference to a franchise getting to and making a run in the playoffs. Philly, Da Lakers, New Orleans Denver , Dallas have such circumstances and openings.

- TGO

Comment

• Thank you. This was obvious since Game 3. Snyder never made an adjustment. Last year they blew a 3-1 series lead and just basically let Jamal Murray average 40ppg. Now this.

Mamba Mentality

Comment

• The Great One wrote: View Post
                            Thank you. This was obvious since Game 3. Snyder never made an adjustment. Last year they blew a 3-1 series lead and just basically let Jamal Murray average 40ppg. Now this.

Savage.
                            - TGO

Comment

• So with only the post mortems left out west.... Eyes shift to the East semis. .
                              Do the Nets pull it together tonight or do the Bucks complete the comeback ?
                              I am not one that believes momentum continues from game to game.
                              Durant is going to be a little tired after playing 48 and 40 however Harden is getting better with each passing day. It looks like Irving is going to sit this one out.
                              Kris Middelton saved the Bucks last time out.. Can the Alphabet and Holiday put on a dominating performance in NYC to shake the gorilla off Buds Bucks Back ?

This might come down to the Nets role players playing better at home than on the road.
                              Bruce Brown plays like Larry Brown away from home. Joe Harris needs a game here as well.

Should be a classic.

I picked the Bucks and Hawks a couple of weeks back to advance.
                              Not changing now.
                              The Alphabet wins his first big one.
                              Last edited by Demographic Shift; Sat Jun 19, 2021, 12:59 PM.
                              - TGO

Comment

• I predict Joe Harris to step up big ala Mann tonight.

Comment

Working...
                                X