No announcement yet.

Everything Playoffs-2021

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Epic game 7.. a toe on the line cost us a game winner akin to the 4-bouncer.

Mad respect for KD though. But ultimately still have no idea why Bud would put tiny PJ on him all game instead of Giannis. I mean it worked in game 6 for the 4th quarter. Why not try it again? Or at least for the last shot of the game maybe?

Brooklyn was so gassed though.. only 2 points in O/T. Bucks almost did the same but Giannis and Middleton came through.

Lopez had the "JR Smith" moment of the game. Would have been hilarious if they lost.

Holiday looked like trash for like 42 minutes in the game.

Hope 76ers get through so we can see two doofus coach's game plan against each other. With guys on each side that can't shoot 3's or free throws. And a bunch of role players that will get cold probably.

Comment

• Happy with the Bucks win. Another superteam out. Now if the Suns can hold their own and beat the Clips we'll have both LA and both NY teams out, best case scenario to me.

Comment

• Suns vs bucks or Atlanta is a nice non-superteam outcome, thankfully.
        I dont see clippers winning vs suns without kawai, 50/50 with him.....

Comment

• inthepaint wrote: View Post
          Happy with the Bucks win. Another superteam out. Now if the Suns can hold their own and beat the Clips we'll have both LA and both NY teams out, best case scenario to me.
          when is cp3 back?

Comment

• TrueTorontoFan wrote: View Post

when is cp3 back?
            Well, news came out June 16 of covid positive. 14 days from that is June 30, but hard to say for sure

Comment

• He's out for at least game 1 they announced but there's no telling how much longer. I can't remember if it's 10 or 14 days for NBA players but I do know that if he can produce two negative tests he's allowed back. Gotta hope it gets through and out of his system asap.

Comment

• GOLDBLUM wrote: View Post
                He's out for at least game 1 they announced but there's no telling how much longer. I can't remember if it's 10 or 14 days for NBA players but I do know that if he can produce two negative tests he's allowed back. Gotta hope it gets through and out of his system asap.
                the thing is he has his vaccine so I don't know if that changes the protocol.

Comment

• inthepaint wrote: View Post
                  Happy with the Bucks win. Another superteam out. Now if the Suns can hold their own and beat the Clips we'll have both LA and both NY teams out, best case scenario to me.
                  This^^^

lebron the tamperer out, perfect. Screw you Klutch..
                  Harden, Durant, Kyrie the buddy-up brothers eliminated, awesome.
                  Giannis stays with his original small market team moving on, great.

Now just need the Clippers and the contract tampering Ballmer, Kawhi to exit, perfect.

Go Suns! This is almost as good as the chip .... almost.

Comment

• G__Deane wrote: View Post

This^^^

lebron the tamperer out, perfect. Screw you Klutch..
                    Harden, Durant, Kyrie the buddy-up brothers eliminated, awesome.
                    Giannis stays with his original small market team moving on, great.

Now just need the Clippers and the contract tampering Ballmer, Kawhi to exit, perfect.

Go Suns! This is almost as good as the chip .... almost.
                    Almost as good as the chip? smfh. I think you're a hater.
                    Mamba Mentality

Comment

• Kind of feel like the Bucks shouldn't be this happy to barely escape the second round vs an opponent with 1 of its top 3 players healthy? Bucks are at full capacity and barely survived that, their season literally saved by Kevin Durant's big toe.
                      "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• TrueTorontoFan wrote: View Post

the thing is he has his vaccine so I don't know if that changes the protocol.
                        It doesn't change the protocol; if he's testing positive he's potentially contagious. The vaccine makes having the disease safer and over with quicker, so hopefully he satisfies the protocol (two negative tests in consecutive 24 hour periods) faster than an unvaxxed person would.

Comment

• magoon wrote: View Post

It doesn't change the protocol; if he's testing positive he's potentially contagious. The vaccine makes having the disease safer and over with quicker, so hopefully he satisfies the protocol (two negative tests in consecutive 24 hour periods) faster than an unvaxxed person would.
                          His physical recovery time should be faster as well... Maybe he is back for game 2. But he has to test negative a couple times in a row.in a predefined period of time before he gets cleared. And those specifics are hard to pin down.
                          Last edited by Demographic Shift; Sun Jun 20, 2021, 01:51 PM.
                          There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
                          - TGO

Comment

• So the WCF kicks off with the Suns not being able to suit up Chris Paul for a game... possibly two. The good news is he will be back. Can the Suns steal game one from the Clips as the Clips come off an emotional series with the Jazz.? Will the Clips new found playoff dynamic duo of Reggie Jackson and Terrrence Mann keep on filling it up ? Yes and No. Suns take game one this aft and when Paul gets back they take the series in 6 or less. The Clips magic run without Kawhai comes to an end in the Valley of the Sun.

The Hinkies are clearly the superior team to the Hawks. They are physically bigger and have a shit ton of playoff experience than the younger, slighter and less experienced first time in a big playoff round Hawks. Yet they are not an overwhelming favourite. Are the Hinks mentally tough enough to get this done. This comes down to the Hinkies not losing to themselves which is a tall order given their propensity to shit the bed in big games.
                            Its going to be an uphill battle for the Hawks tonight as they will have to win a third game on the road in a loud building in Philly. But they did it in NY against the Knicks. The Knicks aren't the team the Hinkies are but Thibs is a better big game coach than Doc Rivers is and the Hawks have Nate McMillan patrolling the sidelines. Its more heart than mind but Trae Young with the punchers chance takes game 7 in Philly and launches a long summer in the City of Brotherly Love.

Suns and Hawks.
                            There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
                            - TGO

Comment

• S.R. wrote: View Post
                              Kind of feel like the Bucks shouldn't be this happy to barely escape the second round vs an opponent with 1 of its top 3 players healthy? Bucks are at full capacity and barely survived that, their season literally saved by Kevin Durant's big toe.
                              Yeah, but that might be the biggest hurdle much like Philly was the biggest threat to Toronto that season. Like the Bucks match up really well with the Hawks and Sixers.

Comment

• slaw wrote: View Post

Yeah, but that might be the biggest hurdle much like Philly was the biggest threat to Toronto that season. Like the Bucks match up really well with the Hawks and Sixers.
                                I think its a bit different. Philly had problems with embiid staying healthy but in general he was there and showed up and was a difference maker.

They were also way way way healthier than the Nets. So no I wouldn't say that would be a good comparison. I can't think of one off the top of my head but I would say for the Bucks this is their biggest hurdle however they cleared it. Philly should advance but it isn't a given. If they don't the Bucks will walk all over the Hawks. I am sad about Utah. I would like to see The Suns make it and they definitely can.

The Bucks winning it would be OK... but also I am feeling meh about the playoffs. Interested but meh. with whoever wins. The coolest storyline is the Suns. The Clippers winning some how without Kawhi would be cool but also no thanks. I also don't think they can win without Kawhi.

Comment

Working...
                                X