Everything Playoffs-2021

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Claw Reborn wrote: View Post
    GTJ has a Devin Booker in his game…nice stroke from deep, a mid range Arsenal and once in a while fearless drive to the basket….both are not super athletic though. GTJ also with ice water running in his veins during clutch time.

GTJ upside is that he is a better defensive player.

Booker’s advantage however is because he is playing alongside an elite Point Guard in CP3 and Cameron Payne who is more versatile as a PG in lieu of CP injured.

GTJ won’t have that with Lowry gone.

Trading Van Vleet to allow GTJ to flourish is a must this offseason
    Or they keep Lowry and allow GtJ to be the full time off guard getting Booker minutes…

It would be a total waste of talent if they just make him their next Norman Powell as his game and ceiling is totally different from Norm

Van Vleet IMO is expandable

Comment

• The Claw Reborn wrote: View Post
      GTJ has a Devin Booker in his game…nice stroke from deep, a mid range Arsenal and once in a while fearless drive to the basket….both are not super athletic though. GTJ also with ice water running in his veins during clutch time.

GTJ upside is that he is a better defensive player.

Booker’s advantage however is because he is playing alongside an elite Point Guard in CP3 and Cameron Payne who is more versatile as a PG in lieu of CP injured.

GTJ won’t have that with Lowry gone.

Trading Van Vleet to allow GTJ to flourish is a must this offseason
      GTJ is a bench 2 until he proves otherwise. His defensive value is still mostly theoretical, and his offence comes and goes. Light the world on fire as a 6th man next year and you can start to think about making roster moves specifically to make room for him.

Maybe he does get to start, say if Lowry is gone and Mobley slips to 4. But that would just be by default.
      twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• Bobby is looking at trading the pick. We're going star hunting....

The Raptors knew that they would have flexibility going into this crucial offseason and the jump to pick No. 4 gives them even more of it. You can bet they’re planning to explore all of their options.

“The value from seven to four, even if you look at it historically, whether it’s a player or trade, it’s meaningful,” said Webster. “All of our options are open. As much as we would love the pick, we’re going to see what it yields outside of the draft.”
        https://www.tsn.ca/raptors-will-expl...pick-1.1658922

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post

GTJ is a bench 2 until he proves otherwise. His defensive value is still mostly theoretical, and his offence comes and goes. Light the world on fire as a 6th man next year and you can start to think about making roster moves specifically to make room for him.

Maybe he does get to start, say if Lowry is gone and Mobley slips to 4. But that would just be by default.
          I would rather fast track his development as a Starting SG.

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post
            Bobby is looking at trading the pick. We're going star hunting....

Very interesting…

I wonder then if they are looking at trading down. Indiana has the 13th pick and Pacers have two Starting Bigs (Turner or Sabonis) who can be very attractive to the Raps and can immediately address their top most need.

Crazy that the most recent mock draft has Davion Mitchell falling to the Pacers….

https://www.sbnation.com/nba/2021/6/...etroit-pistons

If the Raptors are really confident of Van Vleet and are after a S/T for Lowry then they might consider drafting a PG instead.

No.4 pick/ Boucher/ another player for Sabonis or Turner and their 13th pick (Possibly Mitchell)

Indiana may ask the Raptors to pick for them Mobley for the no.4 rights

Comment

Bobby is looking at trading the pick. We're going star hunting....

It'll take a lot. Gotta remember Top 4 pick, the guy has a potential to be really good and CHEAP for a long time. If we trading for established star we still need to send salary their way.

If Wizards ready to move on from Beal or Mavs want to give up on Doncic or Boston gives up on Tatum. That's what it'll take
              Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post

It'll take a lot. Gotta remember Top 4 pick, the guy has a potential to be really good and CHEAP for a long time. If we trading for established star we still need to send salary their way.

If Wizards ready to move on from Beal or Mavs want to give up on Doncic or Boston gives up on Tatum. That's what it'll take
                Now you have the ammo to be talking some far targets but I hear ya…after all that tank talk lol.

Doncic/ Tatum/ or Beal….whoa !

while I am just trying to temper myself with Turner or Sabonis on the previous post.

Whatever it takes though for this team to not stay mediocre Im with you

Comment

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post

I agree with this. They're saying the top 4 picks in this draft are historically great so It would take a lot to trade the pick. I read someone mention SGA. I love SGA but i'm not trading the 4th overall pick for SGA. As for Beal, yes he's a superstar but he'll be a UFA after next season. So if they're going to trade the pick for him they better be sure they can sign him to a long term extension.
                  Mamba Mentality

Comment

• Maury wrote: View Post

Yeah he’s busted up for sure. He’s a tough dude but he should be wearing a mask right now.
                    He said he will be next game

Comment

• The Great One wrote: View Post
                      Is Ayton better than Gobert?
                      Yep...... and it's not even close either (tm).

Comment

Yep...... and it's not even close either (tm).
                        Ayton has a much better feel on the offensive end. There's been very similar situations where Gobert and him both got the ball in the middle off screen and roll and Gobert would catch, turn slowly, look around... and by the time he decided what to do the Clippers defense was reset. When Ayton gets those opportunities he makes good passes or attacks and he does it quickly. That's huge. And it's also made the Clips respect him more which has resulted in some nice cuts and baskets by guys like Johnson. It's also forced the Clips to keep their bigs on the floor a lot more - the small lineup isn't a magic formula.

Defensively, Gobert is probably 'better' but that's contextual and against a team like the Clippers the difference is negligible.

Comment

• slaw wrote: View Post

Ayton has a much better feel on the offensive end. There's been very similar situations where Gobert and him both got the ball in the middle off screen and roll and Gobert would catch, turn slowly, look around... and by the time he decided what to do the Clippers defense was reset. When Ayton gets those opportunities he makes good passes or attacks and he does it quickly. That's huge. And it's also made the Clips respect him more which has resulted in some nice cuts and baskets by guys like Johnson. It's also forced the Clips to keep their bigs on the floor a lot more - the small lineup isn't a magic formula.

Defensively, Gobert is probably 'better' but that's contextual and against a team like the Clippers the difference is negligible.
                          Ayton's game is better suited for the playoffs than Gobert.
                          Ayton is more versatile. He is able to adjust to opponent's schemes better then Rudy.

Comment

• Gobert went from defensive player of the year to defensive liability.

Give me Ayton 10 times outta 10.

Comment

• I'm sorry but why is this call not being talked about, the officials were basically giving the game away. That play should be out of bounds on the player swiping the ball 10 out of 10 times. They can't start calling that differently because of replay. Luckily George missed his FT's.

https://official.nba.com/last-two-mi...&eventNum=2216

If it went off of another body part, I agree, but if rolls off of his hand as he is dribbling, that's bullshit. I would've been pissed as a Suns fan
                              Last edited by saints91; Wed Jun 23, 2021, 03:38 PM.

Comment

• And it's called a correct call in the last 2 minute report. Come on?!

Comment

Working...
                                X