Everything Playoffs-2021

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comment

• Wtf this is Season 8 of Game of Thrones, it's all gone to hell. Last one standing wins.
      "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• I phx hawks finals would be hilarious and actually awesome if both teams are healthy
        To be the champs you got to beat the champs

Comment

• If Kawhi didn't leave bro...we would on our way to 3 peat.
          Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• Hawks blew out the Bucks without Trae, who would have thought.

Comment

• A.I wrote: View Post
              Hawks blew out the Bucks without Trae, who would have thought.
              To be fair, the Bucks lost Giannis too, though they were already playing awful with him. Just no real chance to bounce back once he got hurt.
              twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• G__Deane wrote: View Post

Primo Pasta Porzingis?
                I feel sick when I think of him on our team

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post

To be fair, the Bucks lost Giannis too, though they were already playing awful with him. Just no real chance to bounce back once he got hurt.
                  I don't think the bucks can recover because they don't make adjustments very well. So They could definitely lose it without Giannis. Opening the door for ATL.

Not that Trae isn't important but they can replace his offensive production.

I also think that the clippers lose this next game.

Comment

• Atlanta is awesome. I don't want too root for them but I can't help doing it.

But yeah.. they have an awesome drive and kick game.. with a floater/lob game that is unmatched. And their defense is way under rated. Huerter is a really good defender. Doesn't look the part but has freakish arms and can move latterly well.

Comment

• TrueTorontoFan wrote: View Post

I don't think the bucks can recover because they don't make adjustments very well. So They could definitely lose it without Giannis. Opening the door for ATL.

Not that Trae isn't important but they can replace his offensive production.

I also think that the clippers lose this next game.
                      I think the Clippers get to the finals. They play better without Kawhi.. and are on a mission. Suns got worse once Paul came back.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post

I think the Clippers get to the finals. They play better without Kawhi.. and are on a mission. Suns got worse once Paul came back.
                        All the shit PG got last year for being "Pandemic P", it would be funny to see him lead the Clippers to a championship without Kawhi.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
                          Atlanta is awesome. I don't want too root for them but I can't help doing it.

But yeah.. they have an awesome drive and kick game.. with a floater/lob game that is unmatched. And their defense is way under rated. Huerter is a really good defender. Doesn't look the part but has freakish arms and can move latterly well.
                          It’s funny how we now say Heurter is a good defender. Are Lou Will and Gallo are suddenly good defenders?

I think we might need to re-think our defense-first, but offensively-challenged pro scouting strategy and also our hyper aggressive defensive schemes. Nate McMillan (who got fired because he couldn’t coach in the playoffs) is making our approach look silly. Different ways to skin a cat.

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post

It’s funny how we now say Heurter is a good defender. Are Lou Will and Gallo are suddenly good defenders?

I think we might need to re-think our defense-first, but offensively-challenged pro scouting strategy and also our hyper aggressive defensive schemes. Nate McMillan (who got fired because he couldn’t coach in the playoffs) is making our approach look silly. Different ways to skin a cat.
                            If you have a really good defensive Center it makes the team defense WAY easier. We had it with Gasol, they have it with Capela.

Huerter is not a good defender but he's a good system player.
                            ​​​​

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post

The Raps just won a championship with a defence-first mentality and those schemes.

Yes, the Raps need firepower (no one disagrees with that) but you don't need to completely change an approach that works cause the Atlanta Hawks are on a heater. After all, different ways to skin a cat.

Comment

• Primer wrote: View Post

If you have a really good defensive Center it makes the team defense WAY easier. We had it with Gasol, they have it with Capela.

Huerter is not a good defender but he's a good system player.
                                ​​​​
                                Hawks ranked 21st in defense with Capela in the regular season. That's even worse than the Raps (15th) with Baynes for most of the season. What I think that shows is that you can get offensive players motivated to play better defense in the playoffs, if you give them the right scheme. It's even more impressive when you consider that they've played most of the playoffs without their 3 best perimeter defenders (Dunn, Hunter, Reddish) and they have cranked up their defense vs. vastly superior competition.

It's not just Capela. He was getting completely destroyed by Embiid in the last round. The Hawks elevated their entire team defense... that was apparent in the last 3 games of the Sixers series and has continued.

Comment

Working...
                                X