No announcement yet.

Everything Playoffs-2021

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This is going to be the third year in a row both teams in the Finals are 'new.' You know how rare this is in NBA history? 3 consecutive Finals and 6 different teams appearing? This almost never happens. The NBA has one of the most repetitive lists of champions ever (List of NBA champions - Wikipedia).

It's great for a few reasons - maybe most of all it demonstrates different ways to win. Teams can go with their strengths, get the best players they can get their hands on, and feel like they've got a legitimate chance of getting somewhere. We don't have a bunch of MJ copycats, don't have to Shaq-proof your roster, don't have to feel hopeless because Lebron is in your conference or the Warriors are winning 73 games, none of that. Shit's up in the air, it's anybody's game.
    "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• S.R. wrote: View Post
      This is going to be the third year in a row both teams in the Finals are 'new.' You know how rare this is in NBA history? 3 consecutive Finals and 6 different teams appearing? This almost never happens. The NBA has one of the most repetitive lists of champions ever (List of NBA champions - Wikipedia).

It's great for a few reasons - maybe most of all it demonstrates different ways to win. Teams can go with their strengths, get the best players they can get their hands on, and feel like they've got a legitimate chance of getting somewhere. We don't have a bunch of MJ copycats, don't have to Shaq-proof your roster, don't have to feel hopeless because Lebron is in your conference or the Warriors are winning 73 games, none of that. Shit's up in the air, it's anybody's game.
      Lets be honest, the winner of this title is totally benefitting on injuries. LAC missing their best player, now Atlanta, and Milwaukee. There was Chris Pauls covid, and there was Anthony Davis' groin, Kyries.. something and Hardens Hammy. Oh and Conley and Mitchell sealing Utahs fate, and Murray in Denver too.

This playoffs, I'll just remember all the beaten down teams. All things being equal health wise, the finals is probably Brooklyn vs one of the LA teams. Stars win titles.
      9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post

Lets be honest, the winner of this title is totally benefitting on injuries. LAC missing their best player, now Atlanta, and Milwaukee. There was Chris Pauls covid, and there was Anthony Davis' groin, Kyries.. something and Hardens Hammy. Oh and Conley and Mitchell sealing Utahs fate, and Murray in Denver too.

This playoffs, I'll just remember all the beaten down teams. All things being equal health wise, the finals is probably Brooklyn vs one of the LA teams. Stars win titles.
        The super teams all had super injuries and I'm loving it. Fuck super teams, I hope this rash of injuries makes teams second guess blowing all their depth for 1 star player, and if not, I hope they continue to get injured at a frequent pace.

Comment

• Primer wrote: View Post

The super teams all had super injuries and I'm loving it. Fuck super teams, I hope this rash of injuries makes teams second guess blowing all their depth for 1 star player, and if not, I hope they continue to get injured at a frequent pace.
          I mean, sure, fuck super teams. But very few nba teams ever can withstand an Injury to a top guy in the playoffs. Nuggets and jazz suffered the same fate this year. And are the clippers a super team? I'm not sure they are. It's one superstar, one top 20 guy, and a cast of misfits, cast offs and rejects. The Raptors in 2019 were much better than the 21 clippers and we were no super team.
          9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• Injuries are part of the game.

This recent rash of injuries can be attributed more towards this new style of basketball than it is to scheduling.

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post

I mean, sure, fuck super teams. But very few nba teams ever can withstand an Injury to a top guy in the playoffs. Nuggets and jazz suffered the same fate this year. And are the clippers a super team? I'm not sure they are. It's one superstar, one top 20 guy, and a cast of misfits, cast offs and rejects. The Raptors in 2019 were much better than the 21 clippers and we were no super team.
              Raptors in 2019 could have lost anyone but Kawhi and likely still won, and would have still been close even if Kawhi went down. That's depth and the super teams don't have it, and yes Clippers are a super team as well.

Losing more than 1 of your best players is insurmountable even for the teams with depth like the Jazz.

Comment

• Everyone point out the quick turn around and condensed schedule trying to correlate it to injuries. Im not sure if im really buying that. Some instances like say Jamal who went down non-contact in the middle of a regular season where teams are grinding and playing heavy minutes ya things like that i could see.

But the others
                kawhi load manages, plays like 50ish games and hurts himself during a playoff schedule which is mostly the same year to year.
                AD-Made of glass, dudes getting hurt if the season 10 games long
                Giannis-a guy just happens to fall into his leg.
                Kyrie-lands on a foot and rolls his ankle
                Embiid- falls down weird like he always does.
                Trae- happens to step on a refs foot

Those are all just normal freak things that happen on a basketball court
                To be the champs you got to beat the champs

Comment

• Kawhi on the bench, rather than the box

*ominous music in background *

Comment

• Booker is a man amongst boys after that ferocious throw down…he wanted it more ! I like his demanor and his mental toughness

Luka should take some pointers, the Maverick is emotionally fragile to trash talking and unfavorable calls from the refs.

While our Siakam is a mental midget playing under pressure.

Both Luka and Siakam may need a Shrink sooner than later
                    Last edited by The Claw Reborn; Wed Jun 30, 2021, 10:57 PM.

Comment

• I have confidence that both Craig and Crowder can limit Middleton and Giannis if the Bucks can survive the defense of Lou Williams and Gallo and get out of that series lol

Comment

• Chris Paul smelling his first bite at the NBA Finals

Comment

• Ebonhawke wrote: View Post
                          Chris Paul smelling his first bite at the NBA Finals
                          Greatest point guard of all time

Comment

• The Suns MVP in this series is Ayton. He's been an absolute monster for them in this series.
                            Mamba Mentality

Comment

• Playoff P and Pandemic P showed up with only 16 points in a do or die game

He deserved all the shit in his career and last season

Comment

• Ballmer is still cheering lol, it’s over Mr. Tamperer

Comment

Working...
                                X