Everything Playoffs-2021

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• S.R. wrote: View Post
    Just popped by to copy and paste my "Khris Middleton is not good enough to be the second best player on a championship team" line, which I am able to use 3 out of every 4 games
    But he’s great one game every series!

Comment

• The other thing with the Bucks - NOW Bud is scrambling trying Giannis at the 5 and getting more guards and wings on the floor. Definitely a case for Nurse's mad scientist approach vs riding a finely tuned regular season system like the Bucks do. If you're scrambling in the Finals with lineups you've never or hardly used before, that's a pretty bad sign. That's a team that's not prepared for the variety of opponents you face through 4 rounds.

That said, last night the Bucks starters were pretty good and with Giannis on the floor in particular they were right in that game, non-Giannis lineups got blown out (-27 I think). The most fundamental problem (more of a problem then Giannis airballing a 3 here and there) is the rest of that roster just isn't good enough. Plain and simple. Giannis produces. Where's the help? Who are the other guys who tip the scales with big games on a consistent basis?

$33m for Middleton and $26m for Holiday this year. Yikes. Can think of a few ways I'd rather see my team spend $59m.
      "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• slaw wrote: View Post

But he’s great one game every series!
        But sadly, if Middleton was on the Raptors, he would be our best shot creator in the playoffs.... and it wouldn't be close.

Comment

• A.I wrote: View Post

When he was healthy, he hasn't played a game since 2019.
          Then he shouldn't be in the discussion at all.
          TGO even mentioning him means he is assuming when Klay is healthy.

Comment

• S.R. wrote: View Post
            The other thing with the Bucks - NOW Bud is scrambling trying Giannis at the 5 and getting more guards and wings on the floor. Definitely a case for Nurse's mad scientist approach vs riding a finely tuned regular season system like the Bucks do. If you're scrambling in the Finals with lineups you've never or hardly used before, that's a pretty bad sign. That's a team that's not prepared for the variety of opponents you face through 4 rounds.

That said, last night the Bucks starters were pretty good and with Giannis on the floor in particular they were right in that game, non-Giannis lineups got blown out (-27 I think). The most fundamental problem (more of a problem then Giannis airballing a 3 here and there) is the rest of that roster just isn't good enough. Plain and simple. Giannis produces. Where's the help? Who are the other guys who tip the scales with big games on a consistent basis?

$33m for Middleton and $26m for Holiday this year. Yikes. Can think of a few ways I'd rather see my team spend $59m.
            I agree with this completely, its why I really didn't understand why giannis decided to resign with the bucks, not enough help. That and his game is still too one dimensional.......

I'm actually shocked at how much Middleton has done for the team in the playoffs before this series though.....

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post

But sadly, if Middleton was on the Raptors, he would be our best shot creator in the playoffs.... and it wouldn't be close.
              That's why we need that 7th and 14th from golden state so we can swing for Bouknight and Tre Mann

Comment

• Dvdvideo wrote: View Post

I agree with this completely, its why I really didn't understand why giannis decided to resign with the bucks....
                $$$$$$$$$$$$

Comment

• Dvdvideo wrote: View Post
                  I'm actually shocked at how much Middleton has done for the team in the playoffs before this series though.....
                  He did have a couple great games with Giannis out. So I mean that's big, that helped them get through to the Finals. But - if it creates "Is Khris Middleton better with Giannis off the floor?" chatter, that's a bad sign. You'd hope your second and third best players are at their best playing with your MVP, not at their best when he's out of the lineup.
                  "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• I only saw the first half of last night's game, but I thought Jrue was pretty good early on. Suns just hit every three they took. He was inefficient on offense, but he was foiling up a lot of their plans on defense early on.

Giannis does muck up a lot of stuff for them because he wants to be so ball dominant and carry his team. Middleton sort of shrinks when that happens.. but we saw the same with even Kyle when Kawhi was here. Sometimes watching a star operate all game is hard to do.

But that's just making excuses. Middleton should be a lot better. And he might be the reason why they don't get a ring.

Comment

• Would Bucks rather have Brogdon than Middleton right now? Not that Brogdon is a proven winner but he makes $10M less than Middleton. They made a conscious choice to sign and trade Brogdon to create space to sign Middleton to his current $30M+ per year deal.

Comment

• Primer wrote: View Post
                        Would Bucks rather have Brogdon than Middleton right now? Not that Brogdon is a proven winner but he makes $10M less than Middleton. They made a conscious choice to sign and trade Brogdon to create space to sign Middleton to his current $30M+ per year deal.
                        They were trying to duck the tax foremost.. but ultimately they went with depth and resigned Lopez, Hill and Middleton and then let Brogdon go.

Their mistake however was extending Bledsoe earlier in the year.

Also rumblings that Brogdon wanted to leave.. they had his RFA rights, but usually a player wins out in most of these situations now a days. Better to keep a player happy then force them to play for you and be unhappy.

Comment

• Kagemusha wrote: View Post

Vaccines boost your immune system?
                          that's a couch potato mentality.
                          lol
                          go out and work out bro.
                          eat healthy, sleep early, de stress.

Btw, being infected is not the end of the world. The vaccinated will get infected too.
                          It's like how even the healthy ones get the seasonal flu, point is how our body fights the virus.
                          I get the flu shot too, and still catch the flu. So does most of us.
                          Yes, dude, vaccines, literally all they do is improve your immune system's ability to fight the disease of interest. Literally the entire concept of a vaccine.

And yes, being infected will still happen with vaccines, the whole point of them is that if you get infected while vaccines, you are less likely to be hospitalized or die (dramatically less likely). They do also suppress spread of the disease, but that's a secondary effect.

It seems like you are completely on board with the concept of a vaccine but just don't get that the concept you like is what a vaccine is?
                          twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post

Nope. You'd just be dragging him even more than the guys you currently don't like in the primary role because he'd look even worse without Giannis to drag the attention away from him. Give me Pascal and Lowry over Middleton to create a shot every day.
                            twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post

Yes, dude, vaccines, literally all they do is improve your immune system's ability to fight the disease of interest. Literally the entire concept of a vaccine.

And yes, being infected will still happen with vaccines, the whole point of them is that if you get infected while vaccines, you are less likely to be hospitalized or die (dramatically less likely). They do also suppress spread of the disease, but that's a secondary effect.

It seems like you are completely on board with the concept of a vaccine but just don't get that the concept you like is what a vaccine is?
                              I'm on board on the concept that we rather strengthen out immune systems naturally,
                              and not allow big pharma's experimental vaccines in our system.
                              Yukon, a highly vaccinated region and among the very first to be vaccinated is experiencing a surge in cases. How is that possible if vaccines really work?

Comment

• Kagemusha wrote: View Post

I'm on board on the concept that we rather strengthen out immune systems naturally,
                                and not allow big pharma's experimental vaccines in our system.
                                Yukon, a highly vaccinated region and among the very first to be vaccinated is experiencing a surge in cases. How is that possible if vaccines really work?
                                No one who knows the first thing about vaccines would tell you a surge in cases is not possible. It seems you don't understand what vaccines do.

​​​​​
                                twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Working...
                                X