No announcement yet.

Everything Playoffs-2021

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I think I finally figured out Giannis. He's not a SF like LeBron. He's a big man, he's a center who can handle the ball.

People always criticize Embiid for shooting too many jump shots but those same people want Giannis to develop a jump shot. Giannis is so dominant inside that he doesn't really need a jump shot imo. He was Shaq-like the last 2 games.
    Mamba Mentality

Comment

• The Great One wrote: View Post
      I think I finally figured out Giannis. He's not a SF like LeBron. He's a big man, he's a center who can handle the ball.

People always criticize Embiid for shooting too many jump shots but those same people want Giannis to develop a jump shot. Giannis is so dominant inside that he doesn't really need a jump shot imo. He was Shaq-like the last 2 games.
      I always thought thats how Giannis would be used best, not bringing the ball up and attacking the defense in a halfcourt set. He is setting screens, cutting, rolling and his teammates are finding him. Bud made the right adjustment.

Comment

• A.I wrote: View Post

I always thought thats how Giannis would be used best, not bringing the ball up and attacking the defense in a halfcourt set. He is setting screens, cutting, rolling and his teammates are finding him. Bud made the right adjustment.
        So Giannis is a dominant TRADITIONAL center then.
        Wait, aren't those already extinct?

Can't wait for the return of these bigs.
        Giannis, Ayton.
        Can't wait for the return of traditional PGs like CP3, and the mid range game.

Can't wait for the return of the 'old' NBA.

Comment

• Giannis is a C in certain ways, not doing a deep dive atm but I believe Bucks with Giannis at C haven't necessarily been that good though. Mind you that may not be Giannis' fault - the Bucks don't have much wing/guard depth at all. In nearly all cases where you take Lopez off the floor, you'll be putting someone on in his place who's just not as good of a basketball player.

One issue is Giannis is still a face up initiator. He has great handles. He can make plays. Moving him off ball and having him screen, cut, and finish is turning him into a nice Clint Capela. He's too good for that role. And the other Bucks aren't as good or as consistent with the ball in their hands as Giannis is. Maybe if you have a true PG you run a little more of that.

I turned on the game just in time for the late 3Q Milwaukee run. There was a lot of one on one defence on Giannis. If help came it was late and not soft. I don't understand that from Phoenix. Nick Nurse literally showed the league how to break the Bucks. The Suns won game 2 with shooting, they may need to show a little more on defence to put this away. Giannis averaging 34 ppg.
          ​​​​​
          Last edited by S.R.; Mon Jul 12, 2021, 08:58 AM.
          "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• S.R. wrote: View Post
            Giannis is a C in certain ways, not doing a deep dive atm but I believe Bucks with Giannis at C haven't necessarily been that good though. Mind you that may not be Giannis' fault - the Bucks don't have much wing/guard depth at all. In nearly all cases where you take Lopez off the floor, you'll be putting someone on in his place who's just not as good of a basketball player.

One issue is Giannis is still a face up initiator. He has great handles. He can make plays. Moving him off ball and having him screen, cut, and finish is turning him into a nice Clint Capela. He's too good for that role. And the other Bucks aren't as good or as consistent with the ball in their hands as Giannis is. Maybe if you have a true PG you run a little more of that.

I turned on the game just in time for the late 3Q Milwaukee run. There was a lot of one on one defence on Giannis. If help came it was late and not soft. I don't understand that from Phoenix. Nick Nurse literally showed the league how to break the Bucks. The Suns won game 2 with shooting, they may need to show a little more on defence to put this away. Giannis averaging 34 ppg.
            ​​​​​
            Agreed. Its more of a combination of both to keep the opponent guessing is a good way for Giannis to play. If he is the one initiating the offense often in a half court set, teams just form a wall. Holiday does help more than Bledsoe did, he is capable of handling the ball, scoring and making plays.

Comment

• A.I wrote: View Post

Agreed. Its more of a combination of both to keep the opponent guessing is a good way for Giannis to play. If he is the one initiating the offense often in a half court set, teams just form a wall. Holiday does help more than Bledsoe did, he is capable of handling the ball, scoring and making plays.
              Middleton had the ball in his hands a lot in the first half and was also initiating the offense.

Comment

• They let greek go downhill too much without setting their feet. Lowry wudda taken 10 charges by greek by now

Comment

• Yuri Gagarin wrote: View Post
                  They let greek go downhill too much without setting their feet. Lowry wudda taken 10 charges by greek by now
                  They're also too small other than Ayton. If Giannis beats his first man off the bounce (easy when the defender plays him too close, like Crowder does - Giannis has such a huge first step he's gone), last game Phoenix didn't rotate the help very well but if they did, what's a guard going to do rotating into the restricted area with Giannis coming downhill? Absolutely nothing.

Toronto's defence had MUCH better size.

Comment

• So... here we go...
                    Game Four.
                    The Bucks with a win in game 3 now have life..Thinking the Bucks come out tonite and put their foot on the gas till there ain't no more and they take game 4.
                    For me... I think the Bucks are the bigger more physical team. I think if they come and play hard tough basketball all game long the series will be going back to the Valley of the Sun tied at two.
                    Thing is.. if they can win by playing that brand of physical ball at home they can do the same thing on the road as well.
                    Last edited by Demographic Shift; Wed Jul 14, 2021, 04:53 PM.
                    There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
                    - TGO

Comment

• So does every playoff team have their own version of Jurassic Park now?
                      Mamba Mentality

Comment

• The Great One wrote: View Post
                        So does every playoff team have their own version of Jurassic Park now?
                        I'm ok with every team trying to be like the raptors! 😄

Comment

• Nice run by the Suns. Book was due for a game. If Bucks don't win this one, they're done.

Comment

• Watching Booker play when he's on his game is like watching Kobe Bryant. He can shoot from everywhere, fadeaway, turnaround, pull up, midrange....he can make all kinds of shot and he can make it look easy. Dude is an insane offensive player.
                            Mamba Mentality

Comment

• I'm a big Cam Johnson fan, exactly what you need on the wing

Comment

• What a block!

Man, CP just doesn't have it tonight. Middleton making big shots.

Comment

Working...
                                X