X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Guys… keep it down.
    3 year olds don’t have any money.

Comment

Refreshing to see the level of agreement over any change of the current setup. The comments pretty significantly address the advantages of the forum as it exits and the potential weaknesses of a chat format. A new setup that retained the good points without introducing bad points will always be worth checking out, but ut doesn't sound like Discord is that.

And thanks for surfing YouTube looking for help Goldblum. If you couldn't figure it out in 20 minutes of effort...And will discord allow any more of your epic Game threads? If the answer is no, that alone is reason enough to drop the whole idea.

Comment

Yeah I got in to the server last night and I quickly went through all the channels. I can confidently say I won’t be participating on the discord in any meaningful way, it just doesn’t have the same feeling as a forum.

Comment

I'm actually in a couple of Discords related to one of my other interests, and I find that Discords work best when there is a highly cohesive community with a common interest in doing something. It is unlikely that the cohesiveness of the forum boards will carry over to the Discord if the commenters on the stories on the main website come in - there's a pretty high comment volume and occasionally some pretty random unsupported opinions being put forward strongly besides.

On top of that, I'm not sure what the "something" we have a common interest in doing in the Discord would be - the thing that would give the RR discord some depth, and RR regulars a reason to hang around and remain involved. If the people joining the discord aren't already bringing that, then you're increasing engagement at the cost of losing depth - the depth that already exists here, and makes the forums valuable.

(There are probably separate business questions related to the desire to move to Discord, but I'm currently fine with leaving them as None Of My Business. :-) )

Comment

TheWaterboy wrote: View Post
            I'm actually in a couple of Discords related to one of my other interests, and I find that Discords work best when there is a highly cohesive community with a common interest in doing something. It is unlikely that the cohesiveness of the forum boards will carry over to the Discord if the commenters on the stories on the main website come in - there's a pretty high comment volume and occasionally some pretty random unsupported opinions being put forward strongly besides.

On top of that, I'm not sure what the "something" we have a common interest in doing in the Discord would be - the thing that would give the RR discord some depth, and RR regulars a reason to hang around and remain involved. If the people joining the discord aren't already bringing that, then you're increasing engagement at the cost of losing depth - the depth that already exists here, and makes the forums valuable.

(There are probably separate business questions related to the desire to move to Discord, but I'm currently fine with leaving them as None Of My Business. :-) )
            it works best for game threads

Comment

We can't move. I just passed my 10 year account anniversary

Comment

Fuchan wrote: View Post
                We can't move. I just passed my 10 year account anniversary
                You made me look, and I just hit my 10th this month as well. Time flies man.

Comment

i am also scared of new technology and prefer to keep the forums as they are

Comment

So signed up to discord.. browsed the channel/server (whatever its called).. and I'm really not a fan. But the way the admins are talking it seems like this forum is going to be gone by August.. ugh.

I hope they change their minds though.

Comment

planetmars wrote: View Post
                      So signed up to discord.. browsed the channel/server (whatever its called).. and I'm really not a fan. But the way the admins are talking it seems like this forum is going to be gone by August.. ugh.

I hope they change their minds though.
                      If they just shut this thing down is there anyway some of use can somehow take this forum over/migrate to a new forum on vBullletin?
                      Obviously this would be a last resort as easiest would just for everything to stay the same... But i wonder what kind of collective skills the regular poster here have to be able to make that work?
                      Maybe we just start a rival RR to compete with a lame ass Discord based version (Kidding.... Or am I? Maybe we willl even write our own articles to drive traffic. Some DanH cap breakdown, TenForTheWin trade of the week, TrexHotTakes, Goldblum Movie of the day)
                      Last edited by bertarapsfan; Sun Jul 25, 2021, 06:23 PM.
                      To be the champs you got to beat the champs

Comment

Others have mentioned reddit... We could migrate to a private or smaller subreddit and retain most of what makes this forum so great. It would be very sad to see this forum and community disappear like that in august.

Comment

Maury wrote: View Post
                          Others have mentioned reddit... We could migrate to a private or smaller subreddit and retain most of what makes this forum so great. It would be very sad to see this forum and community disappear like that in august.
                          Id prefer a forum like alternative. I like the ability to easily look up past threads/takes, tag users have pics/videos/tweets embedded directly into the thread.
                          I think the people running this site would be making a mistake alienating the passionate obviously very active user base that is on these forums...
                          To be the champs you got to beat the champs

Comment

I think there might be a cost to keeping this forum going. vBullletin requires a license AFAIK.

If that's the case open up a GoFundMe page, and I bet we could collectively get to the goal price if it meant we could keep this forum going.

Comment

bertarapsfan wrote: View Post

Id prefer a forum like alternative. I like the ability to easily look up past threads/takes, tag users have pics/videos/tweets embedded directly into the thread.
                              I think the people running this site would be making a mistake alienating the passionate obviously very active user base that is on these forums...
                              It's pretty easy to find an alternative. I did a quick google search and found 3 Raptors/basketball forums. I haven't looked at it though so not sure if all 3 are active.

https://www.basketballforum.com/foru...to-raptors.32/
                              https://hfboards.mandatory.com/forums/basketball.168/
                              https://roughingafterthewhistle.com/...o-raptors-f29/

RealGM obviously is another one but no i'm not a fan of RealGM.
                              Mamba Mentality

Comment

Thanks for checking those sites out!

They are a little out of date, but with a new influx of people it would get up to date quickly.

I honestly prefer to stay here, and I hope RR takes our opinions into account.

Comment

Working...
                                X