Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Everything Scottie Barnes

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Primer wrote: View Post

    Dude I am dying laughing at this list. Fucking Mike Bibby is tops in Alabama? How are any Mike Bibby jerseys still for sale? This is clearly very meaningful and accurate data. You win. Everyone loves Lebron... And Mike Bibby.
    lol. I was laughing too, on second glance. What about the Official NBA store? After almost 19 years in the league.... Lebron still #1. How we 'splaining that?

    Oh, and there's this, too:





    https://www.interbasket.net/jerseys/nba/top-selling/
    Last edited by golden; Sun Mar 20, 2022, 03:04 PM.

    Comment


    • golden wrote: View Post

      lol. I was laughing too, on second glance. What about the Official NBA store? After almost 19 years in the league.... Lebron still #1. How we 'splaining that?

      Oh, and there's this, too:





      https://www.interbasket.net/jerseys/nba/top-selling/
      LA is the 2nd most populous city in the country. If NY had anyone worth a shit maybe they'd be tops but the Knicks are a joke and Brooklyn isn't the NY team. There are also a ton of "Lakers" fans who have never stepped foot in LA.

      It's not a coincidence that Lakers jersey is typically the top selling jersey. Way more people than every other NBA city equals more jersey sales.

      That said if l lived in Cleveland or Miami or LA I'd have a Lebron jersey by now. But every one else hates him.

      Comment


      • Primer wrote: View Post

        LA is the 2nd most populous city in the country. If NY had anyone worth a shit maybe they'd be tops but the Knicks are a joke and Brooklyn isn't the NY team. There are also a ton of "Lakers" fans who have never stepped foot in LA.

        That said if l lived in Cleveland or Miami or LA I'd have a Lebron jersey by now. But every one else hates him.
        Look, I know we don't like Lebron around these parts, but trying to pretend that he isn't a global icon on the level of Kobe (probably higher) is just being butt-hurt about something.

        Personally, I find it dis-tasteful the way Lebron pushed player empowerment to ridiculous levels (like controlling Klutch and player movement). But LOTS of people like him. Adam Silver basically said ratings dropped when he moved out West. That was all Cleveland fans, right? lol.

        Lebron is a global icon, buddy. Get over it.

        Comment


        • golden wrote: View Post

          Look, I know we don't like Lebron around these parts, but trying to pretend that he isn't a global icon on the level of Kobe (probably higher) is just being butt-hurt about something.

          Personally, I find it dis-tasteful the way Lebron pushed player empowerment to ridiculous levels (like controlling Klutch and player movement). But LOTS of people like him. Adam Silver basically said ratings dropped when he moved out West. That was all Cleveland fans, right? lol.

          Lebron is a global icon, buddy. Get over it.
          Just because I hate Lebron doesn't mean I don't watch him play. He's like a heel in pro wrestling. The fact I have any feelings about him tells you how relevant he is.

          I encourage you to talk to basketball fans in any city and see if they like Lebron. I guarantee unless they're from a city he played for they hate him. But at least they have an opinion on him. You say Devin Booker and most fans will shrug or say "who" or have no opinion.

          Brock Lesnar is the biggest wrestling star and he'd always been a bad guy. Doesn't matter how people feel about you as long as they feel something.

          Comment


          • A.I wrote: View Post

            He went toe to toe with Jokic and Lebron twice. Embiid will be interesting though since he is much better defensively.
            it would be interesting but embiid is also questionable with a sore back on the first half of a back to back for them (they play miami tomorrow)

            Comment


            • Primer wrote: View Post

              Just because I hate Lebron doesn't mean I don't watch him play. He's like a heel in pro wrestling. The fact I have any feelings about him tells you how relevant he is.

              I encourage you to talk to basketball fans in any city and see if they like Lebron. I guarantee unless they're from a city he played for they hate him. But at least they have an opinion on him. You say Devin Booker and most fans will shrug or say "who" or have no opinion.

              Brock Lesnar is the biggest wrestling star and he'd always been a bad guy. Doesn't matter how people feel about you as long as they feel something.
              did you not notice all the laker lebron jersey's in toronto on friday? those were all just tourists from LA? weird time of year to visit toronto if you live in SoCal

              Comment


              • Primer wrote: View Post

                Just because I hate Lebron doesn't mean I don't watch him play. He's like a heel in pro wrestling. The fact I have any feelings about him tells you how relevant he is.

                I encourage you to talk to basketball fans in any city and see if they like Lebron. I guarantee unless they're from a city he played for they hate him. But at least they have an opinion on him. You say Devin Booker and most fans will shrug or say "who" or have no opinion.

                Brock Lesnar is the biggest wrestling star and he'd always been a bad guy. Doesn't matter how people feel about you as long as they feel something.
                Lebron is the heel in pro wrestling? Lol. That’s an A+ for creativity there.

                Comment


                • Relax.
                  Jersey sales isn't the only indicator of popularity.
                  I'm a huge Kawhi and Scottie fan but own no jersey of either of them.

                  Comment


                  • chris wrote: View Post

                    did you not notice all the laker lebron jersey's in toronto on friday? those were all just tourists from LA? weird time of year to visit toronto if you live in SoCal
                    Those are casuals who know nothing about basketball and just buy a lakers jersey.

                    You did not see the same thing when he was on Cleveland. No one outside of Cleveland was buying his jersey.

                    Comment


                    • golden wrote: View Post

                      Lebron is the heel in pro wrestling? Lol. That’s an A+ for creativity there.
                      How isn't he? Everyone all loves to hate him. The literal definition of a heel.

                      Comment


                      • Wtf, Embiid is already making an excuse to avoid Scottie?

                        Comment


                        • To me a transcendental player is someone who influences a population/ generation beyond his sport….cultural/ social/ political/ spiritual influence beyond basketball (positive or negative)

                          Like him or not, Lebron to me transcends beyond his sport….Transcendental like these greats: MJ/ Ali/ Tiger Woods/ Messi/ Gretzky/ Pele/ Ronaldo/ Kasparov/ Magnus Carlsen/ Schumacher/ Joe Montana/ Tom Brady/ Serena/ Tendulkar/ Jesse Owens/ Jackie Robinson to name a few
                          #TradeVanVleet

                          Comment


                          • On topic though…

                            Scottie has been amazing…hopefully he experience the grind of the post season even just a series only….something he can look back on when he is making himself better in the offseason

                            #TradeVanVleet

                            Comment


                            • Primer wrote: View Post

                              Just because I hate Lebron doesn't mean I don't watch him play. He's like a heel in pro wrestling. The fact I have any feelings about him tells you how relevant he is.

                              I encourage you to talk to basketball fans in any city and see if they like Lebron. I guarantee unless they're from a city he played for they hate him. But at least they have an opinion on him. You say Devin Booker and most fans will shrug or say "who" or have no opinion.

                              Brock Lesnar is the biggest wrestling star and he'd always been a bad guy. Doesn't matter how people feel about you as long as they feel something.
                              Lebron is John Cena but Kobe is the Rock and MJ is Stone Cold. Yeah he's a massive movie star too but they'll never quite love him the same
                              9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

                              Comment


                              • Primer wrote: View Post

                                Those are casuals who know nothing about basketball and just buy a lakers jersey.
                                in your estimation, would you say the majority of nba fans world wide are casuals or would you say the majority are nuts like us who obsess over minutia on antiquated social media platforms?

                                Primer wrote: View Post

                                You did not see the same thing when he was on Cleveland. No one outside of Cleveland was buying his jersey.
                                well in golden's post above, two of lebron's league-leading annual jersey sales were cavs jerseys (2004 and 2015). how many lebron jersey's do you think everyone in cleveland owns?

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X