No announcement yet.

Everything Scottie Barnes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scottie is likely not going to play another game in these playoffs. Being in the playoffs is just icing on the cake for this team any ways. No need to risk Scotties health by playing him on a weak ankle

Comment

• does not look good

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=updXdHH7qS4

Comment

• gambler wrote: View Post
        It sucks in the short term but at least he came out of that freak play with a pretty ordinary ankle sprain. It looked really bad in real-time.

Comment

That's actually good news.
          Mamba Mentality

Comment

• https://youtu.be/2naMAI5_g9A

They like Scottie but they are almost certain that Mobley will be the ROTY?
            What kind of fix is this?

Comment

• Scottie seems to be ok.

https://twitter.com/JLew1050/status/...9a05grt-7ijudg

Comment

• With the team down 0-3ā€¦.

its prudent to just shut him down, selfish intentions if they play him while he is still slightly injured and still recovering

but what do I know

Looking back to the evolution of opinions of this player from that time he got draftedā€¦never expected that the story would be Scottie is possibly the savior of this team in game 4 after just recovering from a nasty fall injuring his ankle.

Evolution:

1. From being called trash or sucks at every aspect of basketball on draft nightā€¦.

2. he has to come off the bench because he never started in college, he has to earn his minutes. Birch has to start

3. He cannot have that much touches, he can wait for his turn

4. He is passive, deferred too muchā€¦

5. To now the potential savior

Get well soon
                Last edited by The Claw Reborn; Thu Apr 21, 2022, 04:18 PM.

Comment

• When did anyone suggest Barnes had to earn minutes? That would be dumb.

Most everyone here has been a massive Barnes fan basically from the start of the season, at the latest. Not sure what crusade you are on here.

That said, this playoff run's value lies almost entirely in getting Scottie reps in said playoff environment. Of course they will play him if he is able to play.
                  twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
                    When did anyone suggest Barnes had to earn minutes? That would be dumb.

Most everyone here has been a massive Barnes fan basically from the start of the season, at the latest. Not sure what crusade you are on here.

That said, this playoff run's value lies almost entirely in getting Scottie reps in said playoff environment. Of course they will play him if he is able to play.
                    you may mean this one? Because you seem so sure about him coming off the bench, no?

DanH wrote: View Post
                    So, depending on how the offseason goes, I think there's a high chance Barnes is coming off the bench for his rookie season at least (unless he surprises and is great at C right away). The good news in that regard is that means if we can get decent minutes out of him, we can possibly have 48 minutes of having two of Pascal/OG/Barnes on the floor, which will just absolutely suck for opposing scorers.
                    and the evolution of all your posts to pursue your dying crusade to justify that Birch has to start?
                    Last edited by The Claw Reborn; Thu Apr 21, 2022, 09:55 PM.

Comment

• The Claw Reborn wrote: View Post

you may mean this one? Because you seem so sure about him coming off the bench, no?

and the evolution of all your posts to pursue your dying crusade to justify that Birch has to start?
                      I definitely thought he would come off the bench! I didn't say he had to earn his minutes, that's crazy, I wanted him playing lots regardless. Nevermind that I am against the idea of earning minutes anyway.

When did I say Birch has to start? Early in the season Precious was really struggling to play consistently so I definitely preferred that Birch start at that point. Mid-season once Precious had been benched I wanted Birch to start because the small group was terrible. Later in the season I wanted Precious to start because the small group is terrible and he had dramatically improved from early in the season, and wanted Birch to play backup minutes beside Boucher (who he has been an excellent pairing with), and I stuck with that into the playoffs, with my only "start Birch" scenario being driven by Nick's apparent desire to have the Precious/Boucher pairing coming off the bench.
                      twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post

I definitely thought he would come off the bench! I didn't say he had to earn his minutes, that's crazy, I wanted him playing lots regardless. Nevermind that I am against the idea of earning minutes anyway.

When did I say Birch has to start? Early in the season Precious was really struggling to play consistently so I definitely preferred that Birch start at that point. Mid-season once Precious had been benched I wanted Birch to start because the small group was terrible. Later in the season I wanted Precious to start because the small group is terrible and he had dramatically improved from early in the season, and wanted Birch to play backup minutes beside Boucher (who he has been an excellent pairing with), and I stuck with that into the playoffs, with my only "start Birch" scenario being driven by Nick's apparent desire to have the Precious/Boucher pairing coming off the bench.
                        Fair then if that was your initial expectation from the rookie.

as far as Birch is concerned starting, AT ANYTIME IN THE SEASON or the PLAYOFFS, you would have to sacrifice any of the starters to come off the bench (Siakam/ Barnes/ OG/ Trent and VanVleet) that plan is ridiculous, NN would not even entertain that idea as long as those five are all healthy. Otherwise, injury or sicknessā€¦that would be the ONLY time NN would consider starting Birch. Precious is more effective as the first or second guy to relieve the starters.

not everything is driven by numbers, see the bigger picture once in awhile

Comment

• The Claw Reborn wrote: View Post

Fair then if that was your initial expectation from the rookie.

as far as Birch is concerned starting, AT ANYTIME IN THE SEASON or the PLAYOFFS, you would have to sacrifice any of the starters to come off the bench (Siakam/ Barnes/ OG/ Trent and VanVleet) that plan is ridiculous, NN would not even entertain that idea as long as those five are all healthy. Otherwise, injury or sicknessā€¦that would be the ONLY time NN would consider starting Birch. Precious is more effective as the first or second guy to relieve the starters.

not everything is driven by numbers, see the bigger picture once in awhile
                          It might be ridiculous.

None the less, if they want to win games, it is the right decision. Maybe they prioritize development over winning games, in which case that can be the argument to make (and there's a whole thing there, which I'm surprised to see you on this side of, as Scottie could have a much higher usage role off the bench which you seem to have pined for all year). But let's not pretend it's some insane suggestion to play the lineups that will actually help you win. It's just a priority call.

I think there is little evidence of Precious being actually better off the bench, besides the overall season trend of him getting better and better as the season went along, and Nick never trying him back with the starters (until game 2 where they did pretty well to start!) once he was playing better.
                          twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• if he can play you play him....they are down 0-3 but you can make an argument....a very very strong one...taht they are a joel embiid injury away form being right back into this series...

Comment

if he can play you play him....they are down 0-3 but you can make an argument....a very very strong one...taht they are a joel embiid injury away form being right back into this series...
                              you hired Tonya Harding's husband?

Comment

if he can play you play him....they are down 0-3 but you can make an argument....a very very strong one...taht they are a joel embiid injury away form being right back into this series...
                                Yea its true. I mean it is kinda of a shitty way to think about it. But yea we win this and someone key has to miss a game for the sixers even a maxey or Harris. We get full strength for game 5. Whose to say we don't come back to Toronto with a 3-2 series and a full roster. Anything can happen.. It sucks cause im still not conviced that Philly is that much better then a full strength raps. Game 3 is kinda of what i expected a series to look like. It was a nail biter and we got a bad fred and pascal with Gary finally contributing. And still no Scottie.

Just win Saturday and see what happens
                                To be the champs you got to beat the champs

Comment

Working...
                                X