Everything Scottie Barnes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JawsGT wrote: View Post

Seems like a disservice to a lot of players no, if you're just picking the best of an era (generation)? I mean, if Lemieux wasn't a generational talent than I don't know what to say. Does Curry not qualify, changed the game he did.
    This is why generational talents pertain to the best in their position. The best player of an era is a different thing. Like how MJ was the best of their era, but Hakeem is a generational talent too. LeBron is the best of their era, but Steph and KD are generational talents too.

Comment

• I think I see it the same way as how Slaw defined it. You reserve the title of generational talent for the guys that are the clear cut most dominant talent of an era. Jordan, Shaq and Lebron. Shaq definitely didn't put in the work but the guy dominated the league for a stretch. Prior to Jordan it was probably Magic, but I didn't get into basketball until Jordan took hold of the league.

Guys like KD and Steph are amazing players but they were never that single force that dominated the league.

Comment

• LJ2 wrote: View Post
        I think I see it the same way as how Slaw defined it. You reserve the title of generational talent for the guys that are the clear cut most dominant talent of an era. Jordan, Shaq and Lebron. Shaq definitely didn't put in the work but the guy dominated the league for a stretch. Prior to Jordan it was probably Magic, but I didn't get into basketball until Jordan took hold of the league.

Guys like KD and Steph are amazing players but they were never that single force that dominated the league.
        If we're talking from a strictly on court production then I agree, but how much effect you had on the game also plays into being a generational talent. In that case, Steph 100% is a generational talent and I think he is. You could even argue Iverson.

I'm more lenient on the term. I think Kobe and Duncan are generational players. For the current era, possibly Giannis, but too early to tell.

Comment

• No surprise, but Scottie made the All Rookie First team (along with Mobley, Cade, Wagner and Green). Congrats ROY!

Comment

• A.I wrote: View Post

If we're talking from a strictly on court production then I agree, but how much effect you had on the game also plays into being a generational talent. In that case, Steph 100% is a generational talent and I think he is. You could even argue Iverson.

I'm more lenient on the term. I think Kobe and Duncan are generational players. For the current era, possibly Giannis, but too early to tell.
            Iverson. lol. He's not even an all-star if he played in this era.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
              No surprise, but Scottie made the All Rookie First team (along with Mobley, Cade, Wagner and Green). Congrats ROY!
              And suggs missed both.. imagine how pissed we would have been of we took jalen while Scottie won ROY
              To be the champs you got to beat the champs

Comment

• bertarapsfan wrote: View Post

And suggs missed both.. imagine how pissed we would have been of we took jalen while Scottie won ROY
                That's why I just do hot takes and don't get to make the picks.

Comment

Scottie in Orlando wouldn't have won ROTY

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post

Iverson. lol. He's not even an all-star if he played in this era.
                    You're kidding right?
                    Fred is an all star in this era and AI isn't?

Comment

Scottie's draft class looks like it's going to be sneaky good when we look back at it in a few years. A lot of really talented players, including Suggs.

And we got the LeBron of the bunch. I can just see it now, Scottie, Mobley and Jalen Green riding on a banana boat at Harbourfront, suiting up for the Raps down the road.

Comment

• LJ2 wrote: View Post

Scottie's draft class looks like it's going to be sneaky good...
                        And we got the LeBron of the bunch. I can just see it now, Scottie, Mobley and Jalen Green riding on a banana boat at Harbourfront, suiting up for the Raps down the road.
                        More like tobogganing at the Blue Mountain.

Comment

• Kagemusha wrote: View Post

More like tobogganing at the Blue Mountain.
                          Or a $25M cottage on Lake Rosseau ....

Comment

• Kagemusha wrote: View Post

You're kidding right?
                            Fred is an all star in this era and AI isn't?
                            0% kidding.

The modern era media voters look deeply at analytics ... and AI would absolutely get crushed there. The fans today might still vote for AI because of cultural impact & popularity, but I'm not sure about that. The bad-boy, gangsta type isn't as popular as it was.

A.I. regularly made all-star teams with ORTGs of: 103, 101, 96, etc... That's pretty tough to do today.

Comment

0% kidding.

The modern era media voters look deeply at analytics ... and AI would absolutely get crushed there. The fans today might still vote for AI because of cultural impact & popularity, but I'm not sure about that. The bad-boy, gangsta type isn't as popular as it was.

A.I. regularly made all-star teams with ORTGs of: 103, 101, 96, etc... That's pretty tough to do today.
                              do you think he might benefit from today's spacing and the way the game is generally played nowadays?

have you looked at what the league average ORTG's were in those years? pretty dismal.

he lead the in scoring four times, and his ORTG was better than league average in three of them (all but 01-02). his usage was also massive, leading the league in three of those four years (behind jermaine o'neal in 04-05). he was also a positive net RTG player throughout most of his career.

isn't that your thing? above average ORTG at very high usage = superstar?

he might not have been the massive superstar he was 20 years ago today but i think he could crack an all star team or two

Comment

0% kidding.

That’s insane. AI today would still be Westbrook+++, and an annual threat to win the scoring title. Analytics be damned, he’d still be a fan favourite and would get voted in every year. Dude was a killer, Jimmy Butler attitude with Harden iso skills.

People forget so fast.

Comment

Working...
                                X