Everything Scottie Barnes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• guyroch wrote: View Post

Scottie is putting up Ben Simmons type of stat lines . We have to remember he is only in his second year but he always shows
    glimpses of greatness but they it only shows up a couple of times through out the game .
    Well, FVV took a step back the last 2 games.

Mamba Mentality

Comment

• guyroch wrote: View Post

Scottie is putting up Ben Simmons type of stat lines . We have to remember he is only in his second year but he always shows
      glimpses of greatness but they it only shows up a couple of times through out the game .
      He is perfect complement to a Pascal Siakam…both players are unselfish, dynamic and understands what it takes to win games.

Yin and Yang

Scottie just needing the reps. He is still adjusting to his teammates strengths and weakness and on the flip side, they are also trying to understand him. Growing pains from a Sophomore still learning the tricks of the trade.

He may not be a prototypical Point Guard but more of a hybrid. Team first for him.

Comment

• [QUOTE=The Claw Reborn;n1451288]

He is perfect complement to a Pascal Siakam…both players are unselfish, dynamic and understands what it takes to win games.

Yin and Yang

Scottie just needing the reps. He is still adjusting to his teammates strengths and weakness and on the flip side, they are also trying to understand him. Growing pains from a Sophomore still learning the tricks of the trade.

He may not be a prototypical Point Guard but more of a hybrid. Team first for him. [/QUOTE]

league isn't ready for him

Comment

• Comment

• PG Scottie is not fun.
            The exuberant ball of energy we saw last year is gone,
            replaced by a whining plodding year 2 disappointment.
            I hope Dalano keeps showing up so Scottie can go back to his rookie role, with better 3 ball this time.

Comment

• Kagemusha wrote: View Post
              PG Scottie is not fun.
              The exuberant ball of energy we saw last year is gone,
              replaced by a whining plodding year 2 disappointment.
              I hope Dalano keeps showing up so Scottie can go back to his rookie role, with better 3 ball this time.
              these are growing pains

Comment

• I have no problem with how Scottie is playing, besides him not trying to get his own... I wish he was a bit more aggressive on offense. Other than that he's still moving in the right direction.

Comment

• Scottie will improve as a scorer in time, but his mentality and game is more of J. Kidd than VC. He's looking to get his teammates easy looks more so than himself.

Comment

• His offense was never an issue for me.. it was his defense. He looked much better last night, but he's got a long way to go to become a good defender. That's the one area he can be great at. He's got size and he plays hard (well most of the time). It's just his IQ isn't quite there yet and I have faith that it will turn around.

Offensively the only nitpick is when he passes the ball sometimes the guy getting the ball tends to be out of position. Like that pass to Jaun last night. Jauncho ended up turning it over since he couldn't get to the rim easy enough. If you are making a tough pass, make sure it connects properly.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
                      His offense was never an issue for me.. it was his defense. He looked much better last night, but he's got a long way to go to become a good defender. That's the one area he can be great at. He's got size and he plays hard (well most of the time). It's just his IQ isn't quite there yet and I have faith that it will turn around.

Offensively the only nitpick is when he passes the ball sometimes the guy getting the ball tends to be out of position. Like that pass to Jaun last night. Jauncho ended up turning it over since he couldn't get to the rim easy enough. If you are making a tough pass, make sure it connects properly.
                      i think he gets a bit spacy at times and tries to hedge up to high on defence let your length do the work that is literally it.

Comment

• I'm pretty sure it's Nick asking Scottie to be up in a guy's jersey (along with everyone else) for the system. Scottie's feet aren't that fast. He would look more like a defensive monster if he did hang back, but that's not what he's being asked to do. I wouldn't be surprised to see him deployed in the "free safety" style role Robert Williams plays a little later this year. If I'm not mistaken, Scottie played that quite a bit after Christmas last season and was quite good.

Comment

• BrydenB wrote: View Post
                          I'm pretty sure it's Nick asking Scottie to be up in a guy's jersey (along with everyone else) for the system. Scottie's feet aren't that fast. He would look more like a defensive monster if he did hang back, but that's not what he's being asked to do. I wouldn't be surprised to see him deployed in the "free safety" style role Robert Williams plays a little later this year. If I'm not mistaken, Scottie played that quite a bit after Christmas last season and was quite good.
                          The up-in-the-jersey approach doesn't seem to be working most of the time, especially against crafty PGs. It's a blow by almost every time that ends up with a high percentage shot in the paint or a wide open 3, because we had to scramble and help. Scottie also needs to understand which PGs he can give a cushion to contain the drive, while still using his length to contest the shot. Jaden Ivey, for example, is a guy you want to back off and make him take 3's, yet he torched Scottie off the bounce, again and again.

Comment

• BrydenB wrote: View Post
                            I'm pretty sure it's Nick asking Scottie to be up in a guy's jersey (along with everyone else) for the system. Scottie's feet aren't that fast. He would look more like a defensive monster if he did hang back, but that's not what he's being asked to do. I wouldn't be surprised to see him deployed in the "free safety" style role Robert Williams plays a little later this year. If I'm not mistaken, Scottie played that quite a bit after Christmas last season and was quite good.
                            It's absolutely part of the system. Constant ball pressure, wear down the opponent, make them make tough decisions for 48 minutes, trust that they will start making mistakes and then you capitalize.

Comment

• slaw wrote: View Post

It's absolutely part of the system. Constant ball pressure, wear down the opponent, make them make tough decisions for 48 minutes, trust that they will start making mistakes and then you capitalize.
                              Imagine how tough that is for the players.
                              Great for college ball, but for 82 pro games?
                              But what can they really do when they can not basically touch their man.

OG was huffing and puffing in the 4th Q.
                              Last edited by Kagemusha; Thu Nov 17, 2022, 04:47 PM.

Comment

• Sophomore…let the guy be himself and don’t corral the Centaur.

Comment

Working...
                                X