Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Everything Scottie Barnes

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • slaw wrote: View Post

    Yeah, the 30s were the sweet spot. Don't blow them Axel! It's all downhill from there!
    I'm almost 38 and spent a week in a coma this year, so yeah, I'm enjoying them!
    Heir, Prince of Cambridge

    If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

    Comment


    • Axel wrote: View Post

      I'm almost 38 and spent a week in a coma this year, so yeah, I'm enjoying them!
      Is that when the site went down? .. Sorry to hear...hope you're ok since then

      Comment


      • Jclaw wrote: View Post

        Is that when the site went down? .. Sorry to hear...hope you're ok since then
        Yeah, this puts it into a bit of perspective when people say "where are the mods???"

        Glad you're back, Axel. Hope your health is on a positive incline from here.

        Comment


        • https://youtu.be/JWk8Qn_Aypc

          kid's amazing

          Comment


          • Axel wrote: View Post

            I'm almost 38 and spent a week in a coma this year, so yeah, I'm enjoying them!
            Hope you’re okay... that’s scary stuff! Happy you’re back

            Comment


            • I just gotta keep taking meds to prevent any more seizures, so I'm all good now guys, thanks.

              You know who else is good, Scottie Barnes. The more we see of this kid the more excited I am.
              Heir, Prince of Cambridge

              If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

              Comment


              • Put this in the "easier said than done"' category but it looks like Scottie should be able to develop that Kawhi move where he bullies himself to about 10 feet from the basket and then faces up for a jumper that is almost unblockable because of the high release point. Get at it!

                Comment


                • Year 1:

                  I am hopeful that NN can provide a limited role definition and set structure to officially start his NBA career.

                  Scottie is a kind of player that requires systematic development in my opinion. Slow paced to be effective.

                  You cannot cancel me out dumb dumb, I will always be in that little nugget of yours camping like a mosquito https://forums.raptorsrepublic.com/c...ilies/wink.png

                  When the debate is lost, slander becomes the tool of the losers


                  Comment


                  • I wouldn't mind if Scottie got some G League run like Pascal and Freddie did in their rookie seasons. I think we had to start Pascal because Sullinger was out to start the season and Cassie liked keeping the bench rotations intact. Then Pascal went to the G-League developed, won a championship, got MVP and moved back to the parent club for good. I think Scottie could benefit by being the focal point on offence and really hone in on those skills during live play. There's no rush for this kid.

                    Comment


                    • saints91 wrote: View Post
                      I wouldn't mind if Scottie got some G League run like Pascal and Freddie did in their rookie seasons. I think we had to start Pascal because Sullinger was out to start the season and Cassie liked keeping the bench rotations intact. Then Pascal went to the G-League developed, won a championship, got MVP and moved back to the parent club for good. I think Scottie could benefit by being the focal point on offence and really hone in on those skills during live play. There's no rush for this kid.
                      yeah we really saw glimpses of what Siakam was to become in Gleague. vs OG who was good enough to play a role with starting line up in his rookie year but never got to expand on his game.
                      Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

                      Comment


                      • I don't think Green is a good comp for Barnes anymore. I don't remember Green shooting a fadeaway or a pull up 3 ever - and he's been around for what, 10 years now?

                        I know it's only Summer League but last night Barnes was out there shooting pull up 3's and fadeaway. He is not afraid to shoot. I'm pretty sure he is going to be able to create his own shot one day because of his handles. His college coach compared him to Pippen. And frankly, the more I watch him play the more I think Pip's a better comp than Green or Simmons.
                        Mamba Mentality

                        Comment


                        • The Great One wrote: View Post
                          I don't think Green is a good comp for Barnes anymore. I don't remember Green shooting a fadeaway or a pull up 3 ever - and he's been around for what, 10 years now?

                          I know it's only Summer League but last night Barnes was out there shooting pull up 3's and fadeaway. He is not afraid to shoot. I'm pretty sure he is going to be able to create his own shot one day because of his handles. His college coach compared him to Pippen. And frankly, the more I watch him play the more I think Pip's a better comp than Green or Simmons.
                          100%
                          We got ourselves a Pippen.
                          If only Pascal can become an MJ

                          Comment


                          • This isn’t so much a comparison, but watching him play with his fadeaways and jab-steps… and then the interview where he was passionately talking about how his favourite player is Kobe… I just think it’s awesome that this guy is built like he is at 20, with all of the crazy hustle and determination and feel for the different facets of the game, and while he doesn’t hit shots at the clip one would like yet, he’s not afraid to try those moves and *play* that way. Honestly seems like he’s *playing* out there… and that’s so valuable. For some guys, they have to take it all way too seriously, every moment, just to get by.

                            I think with his personality we can hope that he can a) hang on to that sense of play, b) put in the insane amount of work to get to where he wants to go.

                            He’s never gonna be Kobe. That’s not what I’m saying. But I’m looking forward to seeing what he can be.

                            Keep working at all those Kobe skills, Scottie.

                            And as Kawhi said,

                            “And have fun with it.
                            AH HA HA HA”

                            Comment


                            • The Great One wrote: View Post
                              I don't think Green is a good comp for Barnes anymore. I don't remember Green shooting a fadeaway or a pull up 3 ever - and he's been around for what, 10 years now?

                              I know it's only Summer League but last night Barnes was out there shooting pull up 3's and fadeaway. He is not afraid to shoot. I'm pretty sure he is going to be able to create his own shot one day because of his handles. His college coach compared him to Pippen. And frankly, the more I watch him play the more I think Pip's a better comp than Green or Simmons.
                              I'm not saying it's his comp but hitting 3's and fadeaways were a part of Draymond Green's summer league highlight pack -
                              https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LE4v5frSZLY

                              PS - someone needs to tell me how to post videos in the text
                              “Be more concerned with your character than your reputation, because your character is what you really are, while your reputation is merely what others think you are.”
                              ― John Wooden

                              Comment


                              • I like that Scottie seems to have won his teammates over as the leader of this SL team, in what 4 or 5 games?

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X