Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• grindhouse wrote: View Post

Yea my bad
    lol. You were barking up the wrong tree... I'm 1000% on the Scottie bandwagon. Pre-draft, I was okay with picking Barnes (or whoever Masai/Bobby decided), and got absolutely raked for making this post:

golden wrote: View Post

Yeah, I can totally see the fascination with Barnes.

Barnes with a reliable 3-pt shot would look a lot like a bigger version of Kawhi....with playmaking. A 2-way monster. That's tantalizing. That's the type of guy that wins you championships
    . But without that 3-pt shot, even a lot of his playmaking space would be taken away. And like you said.... if you're picking 4th, can you really take a chance that you might end up with the next Stanley Johnson?

Picking 4th was supposed to be a no-brainer. Pick whoever falls from Cade/Suggs/Mobley/Green... right?
    We saw a glimpse of that tonight.

Comment

• I actually would want any of Barnes draft contemporaries to have successful careers

We may never know down the Road, Scottie could be the catalyst to convince any of those guys to come over to Toronto, bring their talents and form their own big three. Toronto finally a free agent destination because players wanted to play with Scottie Barnes.

You cannot cancel me out dumb dumb, I will always be in that little nugget of yours camping like a mosquito https://forums.raptorsrepublic.com/c...ilies/wink.png

When the debate is lost, slander becomes the tool of the losers

Comment

• The Claw Reborn wrote: View Post
        I actually would want any of Barnes draft contemporaries to have successful careers

We may never know down the Road, Scottie could be the catalyst to convince any of those guys to come over to Toronto, bring their talents and form their own big three. Toronto finally a free agent destination because players wanted to play with Scottie Barnes.

he used to play with cade and others in this class so its very posssible.

Comment

• Barnes has wildly exceeded all my expectations. Couldn't be happier to have been so wrong.

Comment

• wow
            Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• Scottie being able to bully dudes inside already is so cool. And him shushing the Celtics bench was hilarious. This dude’s got a combo of personality and game that’s insanely rootable
              The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

• Haven't been this excited about a rookie since Vince Carter.

Comment

• I'm surprised this thread hasnt blown up. Our prized rookie just dominated his second game of his NBA career. Amazing performance.

Comment

• Youngest Raptor rookie to ever get a 25/13 stat line? Pretty sure I saw that tweeted last night.

Comment

• JawsGT wrote: View Post
                      I'm surprised this thread hasnt blown up. Our prized rookie just dominated his second game of his NBA career. Amazing performance.
                      sensory overload

Comment

• I know it is his second game in the league, but the poise and feel for the game he showed are unlimited.
                        They always say : History repeats itself. I hope it does it this time with the Raptors with Barness.

Here is Pippen's first game in the league, compare it to Barnes, and it is scary how similar they are.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=USxIcMP4VEY

Comment

• Will need more time to confirm the eye test but it looked to me like Boston was actively trying to switch Tatum off Barnes. In his 2nd career NBA game a top 10 player was trying to avoid being guarded by you. Impressive.

Comment

• JawsGT wrote: View Post
                            I'm surprised this thread hasnt blown up. Our prized rookie just dominated his second game of his NBA career. Amazing performance.
                            So good I lost higher brain functions. Just coming down today after excitedly pacing my living room. Give it 24 hrs

Comment

• LJ2 wrote: View Post
                              Will need more time to confirm the eye test but it looked to me like Boston was actively trying to switch Tatum off Barnes. In his 2nd career NBA game a top 10 player was trying to avoid being guarded by you. Impressive.
                              Ya, they were trying to switch Van Vleet on to him. I noticed it on a few ISO possessions as well.

Comment

• Star.

Comment

Working...
                                X