Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Everything Scottie Barnes

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Dvdvideo wrote: View Post

    This hits the nail on the head, we just need some games with all our players........
    Precisely this team just needs time to gel together these pecking order things work themselves out overtime ... over the course of a season.

    Comment


    • inthepaint wrote: View Post

      Me personally I'm always looking forward when Dalano comes and Fred is still in, cuz that means Fred is off the ball, so I know he'll rack it up from deep.
      This is puzzling to me.
      With Fred playing in both instances,
      how is it that Dalano is allowed to run the offense and Scottie isn't?

      Comment


      • Kagemusha wrote: View Post

        This is puzzling to me.
        With Fred playing in both instances,
        how is it that Dalano is allowed to run the offense and Scottie isn't?
        Scottie has had many instances of running the offense though.

        Dalano has had more because Scotties more versatile right now.

        Comment


        • Kagemusha wrote: View Post

          Credit Freddy the hockey assist.
          He still looking off Scottie.
          If VanVleet is still ignoring Scottie from your point of view which I don’t disagree….it’s good though that Siakam is more willing to pass to Scottie.

          Comment



          • The Claw Reborn wrote: View Post
            I still have to see that PnR/ PnP between Van Vleet and Scottie more often
            TrueTorontoFan wrote: View Post

            so not the siakam lowry pick and roll then
            Lowry and Serge were more frequent

            Maybe Siakam and Scottie because the VanVleet and Scottie PnR is looking more like a pipe dream

            Comment


            • The Claw Reborn wrote:
              I disagree…Vince Carter averaged 15.3 field goal attempts during his Rookie Year.
              Scottie averaged 12.7 fga.

              I want Scottie to average 15-16 as well.
              WJF wrote: View Post

              In Vince's rookie year we had a sophomore Tracy McGrady, Doug Christie, Boogie Williams, Charles Oakley and and some other end of career guys like Dee Brown and Kevin Willis. Who on that roster was going to get shots up?

              We have much more scoring punch than that team did. Fred and Pascal are 20 ppg guys, even Trent Jr. is better than Chrisite was. T-Mac was not even putting up 10 ppg that year.
              That is hindsight….who would have thought that Vince was that good offensively? The season before Vince got drafted by the Raptors, Doug Christie was averaging 12-13 fga. If he was after personal accolades before the start of the season, he would have decided to increased his volume and not relying much of the team’s offense on the new rookie.

              All that being said, The 3 field goal attempts added to Scottie’s Per Game Total is just prudent. We wouldn’t be able to know how great Scottie can be if they don’t maximize his impact.



              Comment


              • The Claw Reborn wrote: View Post



                Lowry and Serge were more frequent

                Maybe Siakam and Scottie because the VanVleet and Scottie PnR is looking more like a pipe dream
                Avoided mentioning it because it was so automatic as a play.

                Comment


                • TrueTorontoFan wrote: View Post

                  Avoided mentioning it because it was so automatic as a play.
                  Maybe Pascal just needed a Scottie for him to reclaim his Pungency….

                  I appreciate that both players are feeding off each other strengths…the constant movement on offense by the two is like watching the Warriors play

                  Hopefully OG can reinsert himself ASAP to the equation, just heal that hip ffs

                  Comment


                  • The Claw Reborn wrote: View Post

                    Maybe Pascal just needed a Scottie for him to reclaim his Pungency….

                    I appreciate that both players are feeding off each other strengths…the constant movement on offense by the two is like watching the Warriors play

                    Hopefully OG can reinsert himself ASAP to the equation, just heal that hip ffs
                    It will happen before xmas.

                    Comment


                    • The Claw Reborn wrote: View Post

                      If VanVleet is still ignoring Scottie from your point of view which I don’t disagree….it’s good though that Siakam is more willing to pass to Scottie.
                      OK this nonsense needs to stop.

                      Anyone want to take a guess who Fred passes to the most on a per game basis? With almost 25% of his total passes going to this player?

                      Fred has passed the ball to Scottie 14 times a game. No other player on the team has passed the ball to Scottie even 4 times a game. Fred's passes lead to 4.3 FGA's per game for Scottie (including ~1 3PA per game). Pascal has set Scottie up for 1.4 FGA per game. Everyone else is around or well below 1.

                      Scottie has also passed to Fred a lot, but so has Precious, for example, Fred will always be high on the passes to list because defensive rebounders will try to get him the ball (even with our rebounder brings the ball up concept, guys tend to try to find Fred once they are in the half court).
                      twitter.com/dhackett1565

                      Comment


                      • DanH wrote: View Post

                        OK this nonsense needs to stop.

                        Anyone want to take a guess who Fred passes to the most on a per game basis? With almost 25% of his total passes going to this player?

                        Fred has passed the ball to Scottie 14 times a game. No other player on the team has passed the ball to Scottie even 4 times a game. Fred's passes lead to 4.3 FGA's per game for Scottie (including ~1 3PA per game). Pascal has set Scottie up for 1.4 FGA per game. Everyone else is around or well below 1.

                        Scottie has also passed to Fred a lot, but so has Precious, for example, Fred will always be high on the passes to list because defensive rebounders will try to get him the ball (even with our rebounder brings the ball up concept, guys tend to try to find Fred once they are in the half court).
                        Dan, what are you doing bringing facts to an argument!
                        Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

                        Comment


                        • DanH wrote: View Post

                          OK this nonsense needs to stop.

                          Anyone want to take a guess who Fred passes to the most on a per game basis? With almost 25% of his total passes going to this player?

                          Fred has passed the ball to Scottie 14 times a game. No other player on the team has passed the ball to Scottie even 4 times a game. Fred's passes lead to 4.3 FGA's per game for Scottie (including ~1 3PA per game). Pascal has set Scottie up for 1.4 FGA per game. Everyone else is around or well below 1.

                          Scottie has also passed to Fred a lot, but so has Precious, for example, Fred will always be high on the passes to list because defensive rebounders will try to get him the ball (even with our rebounder brings the ball up concept, guys tend to try to find Fred once they are in the half court).
                          I don't disagree with that but do handoffs count as passes? It seems like at least a bunch of times a game, Freddy will bring the ball up, hand it off to Scottie, they'll circle and Scottie will hand it off back to Fred. Not really a pass

                          Comment


                          • Jclaw wrote: View Post

                            I don't disagree with that but do handoffs count as passes? It seems like at least a bunch of times a game, Freddy will bring the ball up, hand it off to Scottie, they'll circle and Scottie will hand it off back to Fred. Not really a pass
                            Exactly. Fred uses Scottie a lot for resets and ball reversals above the break. And since Fred has the ball the most, it would seem obvious that Scottie is going to receive the most passes from him.

                            Comment


                            • DanH wrote: View Post

                              OK this nonsense needs to stop.

                              Anyone want to take a guess who Fred passes to the most on a per game basis? With almost 25% of his total passes going to this player?

                              Fred has passed the ball to Scottie 14 times a game. No other player on the team has passed the ball to Scottie even 4 times a game. Fred's passes lead to 4.3 FGA's per game for Scottie (including ~1 3PA per game). Pascal has set Scottie up for 1.4 FGA per game. Everyone else is around or well below 1.

                              Scottie has also passed to Fred a lot, but so has Precious, for example, Fred will always be high on the passes to list because defensive rebounders will try to get him the ball (even with our rebounder brings the ball up concept, guys tend to try to find Fred once they are in the half court).
                              Dudes agreeing to your post without even understanding the facts LOL.

                              Granted VanVleet started the game with the game objective of involving Scottie in the offense….are those effective passes? Were those passes in the right spots where Scottie can easily get to score resulting to a credited assist for VanVleet? Because if they are, how come they are not reflected to the APGs of VanVleet?

                              or as what the previous two posters ahead of me stated, could those just handoffs to Scottie, 22 feet away from the ring with no indication that Scottie is squared to make a shot

                              But hey man, as long as you bringing facts and statistical data to an argument, the horde will just nod without thinking lol.

                              Comment


                              • All I wish for Santa is to give Scottie Barnes three more field goal attempts near his sweet spots….which is closer to the ring or where he can square himself to make an open three.

                                Fuck even Pascal had the right mind set that there is a Scottie Barnes behind him trailing to make a jump stop three…so he turned around to make that pass, credit assist to Pascal Siakam lol.

                                why are we even fucking arguing this kind of shit

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X