Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post

r/torontoraptors is huge. but it attracted a lot of casuals
    sad very sad but true. this is still the best community. I say that even though I am a mod for one of the FB groups. FB also attracted a ton of casual fans.

Comment

• TrueTorontoFan wrote: View Post

FB also attracted a ton of casual fans.
      This would basically describe Facebook in general over the last 5 to 10 years.
      9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post

This would basically describe Facebook in general over the last 5 to 10 years.
        true... although I think overall facebook has actually skewed older over the past few years. unless you are including instagram.

Comment

• TrueTorontoFan wrote: View Post

true... although I think overall facebook has actually skewed older over the past few years. unless you are including instagram.
          Thats what I mean. It's not cool anymore. Old Aunt Peggy uses it all day, and she's dying to tell you what her stripper name is (dogs name + first street she lived on)
          9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post

Thats what I mean. It's not cool anymore. Old Aunt Peggy uses it all day, and she's dying to tell you what her stripper name is (dogs name + first street she lived on)
            oh THOSE type of casual fans lol

Comment

• This guy is untouchable ….

Comment

• 17 field goal attempts by Scottie against OKC, just about right.

More of these every game and with steady efficiency, combined with his court awareness and passing ability to find others, sky is the limit.

Defensively he is fundamentally sound.

Comment

• The Claw Reborn wrote: View Post
                  17 field goal attempts by Scottie against OKC, just about right.

More of these every game and with steady efficiency, combined with his court awareness and passing ability to find others, sky is the limit.

Defensively he is fundamentally sound.
                  Yes, it is important Scottie gets chances to take that much of an offensive load, especially when we have so many players out. If the alternative is giving the ball to Isaac Bonga, yeah, the right basketball play is to shoot.

But when at full strength, better to see him making the right plays (like his awesome passing on the short roll with the starters in this one) than hoping he just forces up shots.
                  twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post

Yes, it is important Scottie gets chances to take that much of an offensive load, especially when we have so many players out. If the alternative is giving the ball to Isaac Bonga, yeah, the right basketball play is to shoot.

But when at full strength, better to see him making the right plays (like his awesome passing on the short roll with the starters in this one) than hoping he just forces up shots.

Comment

• Christ, I wish the two of you would stop responding to each other. What a load of crap the last 4-5 pages have been, and it’s the same every time you engage each other. Neither of you are going to convince the other, so move on already.
                      Also, if you want Scottie to take more shots, then that’s on him, not others. I agree that Fred misses opportunities to pass to Scottie and others, but Scottie misses more opportunities to be aggressive and look for his own shot. He could easily make up “the FG deficit hampering his development” if he just looked for his offence a little more.

Comment

• JawsGT wrote: View Post
                        Christ, I wish the two of you would stop responding to each other. What a load of crap the last 4-5 pages have been, and it’s the same every time you engage each other. Neither of you are going to convince the other, so move on already.
                        Also, if you want Scottie to take more shots, then that’s on him, not others. I agree that Fred misses opportunities to pass to Scottie and others, but Scottie misses more opportunities to be aggressive and look for his own shot. He could easily make up “the FG deficit hampering his development” if he just looked for his offence a little more.
                        Scottie is pass first.
                        Selfish ball is not in his DNA.
                        You can tell even in the times when he'd hoist an awkward shot (the absurd quick turn arounds that Nurse was describing) that he's still looking for potential higher FG passes instead.
                        Scottie thrives in constant motion ala GSW and not in our iso heavy offense.

Comment

• Kagemusha wrote: View Post

Scottie is pass first.
                          Selfish ball is not in his DNA.
                          You can tell even in the times when he'd hoist an awkward shot (the absurd quick turn arounds that Nurse was describing) that he's still looking for potential higher FG passes instead.
                          Scottie thrives in constant motion ala GSW and not in our iso heavy offense.
                          this is the problem with ppl focusing on his FGA as the marker for whether or not he is involved.

Comment

• JawsGT wrote: View Post
                            Christ, I wish the two of you would stop responding to each other. What a load of crap the last 4-5 pages have been, and it’s the same every time you engage each other. Neither of you are going to convince the other, so move on already.
                            buckle up its going to be more of this for a while.

Comment

• FGA doesn't equal development
                              Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• Scottie is doing about as much as he should be expected to at this point. His fingerprints are all over the game almost every night but the pressure to produce raw offensive output is relatively low-- kind of the perfect situation for him. More FGA would be nice but that's not the way he plays the game. He's also shown a capacity to be pretty damn aggressive, we'll just have to wait a year or two before he figures out how to use it.

Comment

Working...
                                X