Everything Scottie Barnes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MixxAOR wrote: View Post

2:46 he's such a pass first guy that sometimes we gotta make him undestand that best option is him taking a shot

guys i am internally screaming. am i crazy for seeing this as red flag?
    It's much easier to be seen as a pass first guy when you're not a threat to actually score.

Definitely gotta hope this turns out better by the end of his rookie contract because it's not gonna look good immediately in year 1 or 2.
    "My biggest concern as a coach is to not confuse winning with progress." - Steve Kerr
    "If it's unacceptable in defeat, it's unacceptable in victory." - Jeff Van Gundy

Comment

Mamba Mentality

Comment

Comment

There are just WAY too damn many "ifs" in this pick for a top 4.
          "My biggest concern as a coach is to not confuse winning with progress." - Steve Kerr
          "If it's unacceptable in defeat, it's unacceptable in victory." - Jeff Van Gundy

Comment

The Great One wrote: View Post
            He can defend like Pippen and sorta pass like Magic (half the assists in college), but sucks at every other aspect of basketball. Hence the surprise.

Comment

How much did they have him running the offence in Florida? Legit chance he's a Simmons/Draymond hybrid in Toronto?

"We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

S.R. wrote: View Post
                How much did they have him running the offence in Florida? Legit chance he's a Simmons/Draymond hybrid in Toronto?

teams will put center on him and just back away and give him space
                Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

Just Is wrote: View Post
                  There are just WAY too damn many "ifs" in this pick for a top 4.
                  The sure things don’t always pan out either, though. I was trying to tell y’all that Masai and Bobby don’t give AF about mock consensus.

Comment

planetmars wrote: View Post
                    This kid is going to get so much hate this season. If he shows he can't shoot in his rookie season, while Suggs is in that ROY conversation, both Masai and Scottie are going to get roasted.

He will have to grow on me because right now I absolutely loathe this pick.
                    It’s a wait and see. He’s likely coming off the bench, which will add to the frustration.

Lot will depend on what else they do. Big trade and FA could shift the focus drastically.

Comment

Anyone think he'll be our starting centre opening night?

Comment

David Thorpe raved about Barnes earlier on.. had him #2 on his board after Mobley (not Cade). Starts at about the 18m mark.

Comment

GinobilisBaldSpot wrote: View Post
                          Anyone think he'll be our starting centre opening night?
                          He might be moved around all the time this coming season but I don't see him as a starter in any position at this very moment.

Comment

golden wrote: View Post

The sure things don’t always pan out either, though. I was trying to tell y’all that Masai and Bobby don’t give AF about mock consensus.
                            Did you see the war room video? They did not look super confident or excited about this selection. They looked nervous as hell.

Comment

planetmars wrote: View Post
                              David Thorpe raved about Barnes earlier on.. had him #2 on his board after Mobley (not Cade). Starts at about the 18m mark.

well he raves about him but he sees Scottie Pippen/Draymond Green. Glue guy who does little things. Thorpe doesn't value scoring and he believes in winnng on defensive side of the ball. I can't ignore the fact that we needed alpha guy and we didn't get it.
                              Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

MixxAOR wrote: View Post

well he raves about him but he sees Scottie Pippen/Draymond Green. Glue guy who does little things. Thorpe doesn't value scoring and he believes in winnng on defensive side of the ball. I can't ignore the fact that we needed alpha guy and we didn't get it.
                                Yeah I know.. this was the ideal draft to get a scorer. Our only hope is to trade for one, but not sure how you get one here now.

Comment

Working...
                                X