Everything Scottie Barnes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GinobilisBaldSpot wrote: View Post
    Anyone think he'll be our starting centre opening night?
    He better not be. If you’re going to take this guy then he’s your SF of the future and you play him there off the bench and let him be the main man on the second unit.

Comment

planetmars wrote: View Post

Yeah I know.. this was the ideal draft to get a scorer. Our only hope is to trade for one, but not sure how you get one here now.
      he compared him to Bosh in Heat being 3rd banana. "He doesn't care about being best player he wants to win" oh man he raves about him because he's not Raptors fan. He couldn't care less where he ends up eventually.
      Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

MixxAOR wrote: View Post

he compared him to Bosh in Heat being 3rd banana. "He doesn't care about being best player he wants to win" oh man he raves about him because he's not Raptors fan. He couldn't care less where he ends up eventually.
        To me, that's a negative for our particular roster. We needed the scorer that takes over. At 4 you aren't looking for the 3rd Banana

Comment

S.R. wrote: View Post
          How much did they have him running the offence in Florida? Legit chance he's a Simmons/Draymond hybrid in Toronto?
          not sure if I heard this right but they said that he led the team in assists so he must have done something. Averaged more assists than Cade.

Comment

Jclaw wrote: View Post

not sure if I heard this right but they said that he led the team in assists so he must have done something. Averaged more assists than Cade.
            came off the bench too though

Comment

Comment

Barnes on PGs is something else.

NBA has the best shooting coaches on the planet. Trust the organization to put in the time and Barnes to put in the work.

Comment

Yeah I know.. this was the ideal draft to get a scorer. Our only hope is to trade for one, but not sure how you get one here now.
                  Suggs wasn't that either. Green is the ideal scorer Raptors needed. Suggs, while is better than Barnes, also needs to improve his shot.

Comment

A.I wrote: View Post

Suggs wasn't that either. Green is the ideal scorer Raptors needed. Suggs, while is better than Barnes, also needs to improve his shot.
                    I think Suggs had the ability to become a good scorer.. basically a decent Lowry replacement. A guard that can create his own shot and for others.

Comment

I think Suggs had the ability to become a good scorer.. basically a decent Lowry replacement. A guard that can create his own shot and for others.
                      I think so too. I don't think he'll be a #1 option, which is what the Raptors need, but he'll be capable of averaging 20, playing defense, being the floor general. Barnes has two of those in his game, him being a scorer still remains to be seen, but he does have size at 6'9, so we'll find out.

Comment

I think Barnes can be more of an OG than a Siakam... he just has to develop his shot. Barnes has good ball handling skills and can pass, but he can't create for himself. I don't think that's something he can just develop easily. Pascal had that skill in college before he became really good at it in his second year.

Barnes is apparently a gym rat.. so let's hope we can get him to shoot a sh!t ton of shots in practice so he has no fear with it like OG.

Comment

A small backcourt doesn't work in the playoffs.
                          You need a big strong guy to anchor your offense.
                          Giannis, LeBron, Kawhi - all prime proof of that

Comment

If Barnes develops a shot, he'll be legit. He has better handles and playmaking skills than OG. I doubt he'll ever be a scorer capable of pulling up for off dribble shots, fadeaways and so on, but if he is able to hit the 3, and use his ball handling to score inside, he'll be fine.

I'm curious though if his ball handling and playmaking is good enough, if he'll be able to play PG long term with OG at SF, Pascal at PF and a stretch Center.

Comment

Kagemusha wrote: View Post
                              A small backcourt doesn't work in the playoffs.
                              You need a big strong guy to anchor your offense.
                              Giannis, LeBron, Kawhi - all prime proof of that
                              A guy that can create is own shot is also pretty useful.

Comment

A.I wrote: View Post
                                If Barnes develops a shot, he'll be legit. He has better handles and playmaking skills than OG. I doubt he'll ever be a scorer capable of pulling up for off dribble shots, fadeaways and so on, but if he is able to hit the 3, and use his ball handling to score inside, he'll be fine.

I'm curious though if his ball handling and playmaking is good enough, if he'll be able to play PG long term with OG at SF, Pascal at PF and a stretch Center.
                                I don't think you can play Barnes at PG in the NBA. He won't be able to run a half court offense. He's better suited for SF or PF.

Comment

Working...
                                X