Everything Scottie Barnes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

planetmars wrote: View Post

A guy that can create is own shot is also pretty useful.
    Booker is very good at creating his own shot, CP3 too.
    but ultimately the size and length of the Bucks still prevailed.

Comment

Kagemusha wrote: View Post

Booker is very good at creating his own shot, CP3 too.
      but ultimately the size and length of the Bucks still prevailed.
      But they also had 3 guys that could create their own shots in Giannis, Middleton and Holiday.

Comment

I forgot who said that Barnes floor is Stanley Johnson and ceiling is Draymond Green.

What is the floor and ceiling of Jalen Suggs?

Comment

ESPN Post Draft Analysis. The Raptors underwent a challenging season entirely away from home that unsurprisingly ended with a disappointing record. They were rewarded for their efforts with the fourth pick in what some view to be a four-player draft, an ideal development as the team likely transitions out of the Kyle Lowry era. With several promising building blocks already in place, the Raptors look well-suited to bounce back into playoff contention, and most of the draft's top prospects, including Jalen Suggs and Evan Mobley, appeared to view and target them as the most attractive destination in the lottery.

The Raptors explored the candidacy of Jalen Suggs, James Bouknight, Franz Wagner and Jonathan Kuminga, but ultimately came away most enamored with Scottie Barnes. Barnes is far from the flashiest or most naturally skilled scorer in this draft, but he's a proven winner who is arguably the best defender in the class. Barnes is an outstanding passer who should be able to slide all over the floor for the Raptors, playing anywhere from point guard to center in different lineup configurations. Perhaps most importantly for Toronto, he's a culture-setter who will empower teammates with his unselfishness and work ethic.

The team believes deeply in its player development staff's ability to improve Barnes' biggest weakness, his outside shot, the same way they did with Pascal Siakam, OG Anunoby and others. --Jonathan Givony

Comment

The Claw Reborn wrote: View Post
            I forgot who said that Barnes floor is Stanley Johnson and ceiling is Draymond Green.

What is the floor and ceiling of Jalen Suggs?
            Probably George Hill (floor). Kyle Lowry/Jrue Holiday (ceiling)

Comment

Kagemusha wrote: View Post
              A small backcourt doesn't work in the playoffs.
              You need a big strong guy to anchor your offense.
              Giannis, LeBron, Kawhi - all prime proof of that
              you see 6'9 and think Giannis, Lebron or Kawhi?

Barnes is not that player. He's Draymond Green type.
              Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

I checked Barnes college stats and Kawhi stats especially their offense and here it is:

Kawhi 44% fg/ 49% 2p/ 25% 3p/ 72% ft

Barnes 50% fg/ 56% 2p/ 27% 3p/ 62% ft

Comment

Probably George Hill (floor). Kyle Lowry/Jrue Holiday (ceiling)
                  Thank you

Hoping that both players reach their ceilings

Comment

Not great timing that our developmental coach Jama left eh?
                    Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

I checked Barnes college stats and Kawhi stats especially their offense and here it is:

It's not just about stats with Kawhi.. he was a willing mid-range scorer and looked a lot like he does now, just way more efficient. Plus he was an elite rebounder.

Kawhi is not a good comp IMO. Since Kawhi was never a good passer either.

Comment

He confidence of Masai and company of their player development says it all why they pick Barnes

Having to see the results on Siakam and Van Vleet from where they came from, they see sky is the limit on Barnes as the no.4

Comment

Where are the rest of the offensive stats? % without context doesn't really mean much.

Comment

It's not just about stats with Kawhi.. he was a willing mid-range scorer and looked a lot like he does now, just way more efficient. Plus he was an elite rebounder.

Kawhi is not a good comp IMO. Since Kawhi was never a good passer either.
                            I understand, I was just thinking of development on offense by Kawhi from where he was at as a starting point more than anything else

Comment

I watched something recently with Will Lou and Blake Murphy talking about Suggs vs Barnes.

Murphy was talking about all these stats where Barnes was off the charts. The only one I could remember off the top of my head was he had Kawhi sized hands.

it wasn’t the only thing, but Murphy had a spread sheet with each prospect on it. Then he had a bunch of different categories. He would place a * each time someone was off the charts and Barnes had a bunch.

So maybe they really do see Barnes being the better player in 3 years.

Comment

Primer wrote: View Post

Where are the rest of the offensive stats? % without context doesn't really mean much.
                                I will let you do the rest, might as well do it especially you exerted too much effort on discrediting Barnes all night long

Comment

Working...
                                X