To all who are still crying over this pick,
    have a read-

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.act...he-nba%3famp=1

Comment

Kagemusha wrote: View Post
      To all who are still crying over this pick,
      have a read-

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.act...he-nba%3famp=1
      what? that's pretty great review of Suggs?

People critisize Suggs for being good at everything but not great. What is Barnes great at?
      Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

Excited to cheer him on! If he doesn't pan out and Suggs turns out to be better after all, just don't direct the hate towards him personally he seems like a good kid. It's on the front office if that's the case.

But of course, it might be the right pick! We won't know for a while
        The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

MixxAOR wrote: View Post

you see 6'9 and think Giannis, Lebron or Kawhi?

Barnes is not that player. He's Draymond Green type.
          My point is that big guys like Barnes are more effective offensive anchors in the playoffs. And Barnes has the potential to be like that.
          Draymond comparison is on defence, but Barnes has better offensive potential than Draymond.

Comment

My point is that big guys like Barnes are more effective offensive anchors in the playoffs. And Barnes has the potential to be like that.
            Draymond comparison is on defence, but Barnes has better offensive potential than Draymond.
            What are you basing that on? He has no pull up jumper game, he has no post game, he has no three point shot.

Comment

college

Scottie TS% 55%

Kawhi TS% 51%

per 100 possessions

Scottie 50%/ 22%3p/ 23%usg

Kawhi 39%/ 18%3p/ 28%usg

Again totally different players but I’m just trying to understand their starting point

Comment

The Kawhi comparison is a little lazy I feel just because he's such an outlier in terms of shooting development, very few wings are gonna be that guy. Also like someone else said earlier it depends on what kind of shots Barnes was taking in college (I'm not gonna pretend I know much about any prospects selected lmao)
                The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

What are you basing that on? He has no pull up jumper game, he has no post game, he has no three point shot.
                  You're describing Giannis, that's flattering.

Here's Draymond's college stat.
                  Check his freshman stat and tell me honestly if you don't find Barnes better at that age.
                  https://www.sports-reference.com/cbb...d-green-1.html

Comment

Check his freshman stat and tell me honestly if you don't find Barnes better at that age.
                    Giannis has no post up game? come on now. Giannis is 7 foot runs like a deer.

Barnes is 6'9 got a little handle and you think he has Giannis potential?

Doesn't matter in comparing Draymond freshman stats. Listen to scouts break down Barnes game. Everybody is saying Draymond Green/Scottie Pippen in that mold.

Comment

It is not like Suggs is automatically going to be the next transcendental player and would make the 27-45 Raptors a 60 win team

Both players are starting afresh, takes time to develop.

Masai and Bobby are still looking forward to Kyle’s potential S/T, free agency and trade market.

long ways to go

Comment

There's a reason Draymond played 4 years of college ball. If we were getting Barnes 3 years from now and he had improved his shot and rebounding like Draymond did I'd be happy with the pick.

Comment

Primer wrote: View Post

There's a reason Draymond played 4 years of college ball. If we were getting Barnes 3 years from now and he had improved his shot and rebounding like Draymond did I'd be happy with the pick.
                          Help us understand, where do you based this passionate assessment of both Suggs and Barnes?

You sounded like you have better insider knowledge than Masai, Webster and Tolzman.

it’s quiet hilarious, sleep on it if I were you lol

Comment

Doesn't matter in comparing Draymond freshman stats. Listen to scouts break down Barnes game. Everybody is saying Draymond Green/Scottie Pippen in that mold.
                            I mean comparisons to 2 all-time great defenders, and even heard some Magic from some people, its pretty flattering.

His offensive game will need work, but all of these rookies need work. Green needs to work on his playmaking and defense, Suggs needs to work on his shooting, Mobley needs to work on his shooting and probably needs to put on some muscle, Kuminga has a ton of potential but needs a lot of work, and so on.

Comment

I'm not saying he is Giannis,,,
                              but then who knows?
                              Also, this is the problem with you my friend.
                              You are comparing today's Giannis to 19 rookie that hasn't played a single NBA game. Lol

This is why you should compare them when they're both at the same age,
                              like how I'm comparing Scottie's freshman stats to that of Draymond's freshman stats.

Everybody will say blah blah blah.
                              Tell me how many times those so called experts were ever correct in their projections. Lol

I trust our scouts and FO more than any of them. Period.
                              They have proven time and again that they do a great job.
                              Last edited by Kagemusha; Fri Jul 30, 2021, 12:25 AM.

Comment

I was pretty open about wanting Suggs, but that's in the past now. Welcome Scottie.

There's a reason he was the consensus #5 (admittedly in a 4 man draft). If that shot does get developed, the sky is the limit. Huge if, of course.

Another interesting angle is whether he can play C. His rebounding numbers were very poor, but he defended a lot of perimeter players, so hard to get a good read there. His rim protection also a bit of a mystery, for the same reason. But he's incredibly switchable, and if he can be functional as a C (his inside scoring wasn't terrible, though also not great, in college, he is good in 4 on 3 after setting a screen and can throw curveballs as a PnR ball handler), that can unlock some insane defensive potential for this team.

I look forward to being impressed in summer league.
                                twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Working...
                                X