Everything Scottie Barnes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• golden wrote: View Post

Yeah, a lot of negativity around the Barnes pick, but his handle is pretty sweet for a guy his size. Not just for aesthetics, but it looks like 'functional' dribbling to get him into spots to gain advantages on the court. Like way better than Pascal and OG. At this point, I'm excited when Pascal and OG don't trip over their own feet or get stripped after 3 dribbles under pressure. I don't see that happening with Barnes. Maybe my expectations have been lowered.
    Look, the Raps under Nurse don't really rely on one guy to handle the ball anyway. Lowry, FVV and Pascal all shared those duties and OG did more of it this past season. Barnes will give them another guy who can read and react and make plays and he won't be asked to carry the load when he's on the floor but simply work within the system, which is all good for him and the team.

I think the negativity around the pick is more cause they passed on a guy who looks to be as close to a sure thing as you can get for a guy who needs work and time. But you watch the guy and I get it - he has a big toolbox and his physical gifts are incredible - basketball is played by big, long, strong, quick dudes who can jump out of the arena. That's him.

Comment

• slaw wrote: View Post

My only quibble is that I think Barnes is already the best ball handler of the 3.... He's definitely better than OG.
      I'd agree (although I think that's what the original post was saying as well). Watching some film of Barnes, he makes passes that OG and Pascal haven't been able to coordinate yet. Different competition but still

Comment

Physically, Barnes really does look like "a bigger Kawhi". There... I said it again.

Anybody wanna fight?
        I said it quietly last night...he kind of does. More smiley though

Comment

• i mean take it with a grain of salt
          Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post

Heh. Hey pal. I used to enjoy our little tit for tats, but then you got weird and upset and apparently mods were involved, so I'll try to leave well enough alone going forward.

that said, if you have any tips on how to become a better poster, you can PM me! I'd hate it if all of a sudden I became someone who for example got fixated on hating a player, and posted the same thing over and over and over and over and over and over and...
            I pm’ed you where to sell your playstation, you didnt get it? Lol

Comment

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post

i mean take it with a grain of salt
              Who is this guy?
              To be the champs you got to beat the champs

Comment

• To be the champs you got to beat the champs

Comment

Physically, Barnes really does look like "a bigger Kawhi". There... I said it again.

Anybody wanna fight?
                  So you are the one who said that he is a bigger Kawhi…

Seriously if his ceiling is Draymond, that would be amazing.

someone claimed that Stanley Johnson as the floor.

In defense of Detroit, Stanley was projected to be a NBA ready player, thats that

Comment

Yeah, a lot of negativity around the Barnes pick, but his handle is pretty sweet for a guy his size. Not just for aesthetics, but it looks like 'functional' dribbling to get him into spots to gain advantages on the court. Like way better than Pascal and OG. At this point, I'm excited when Pascal and OG don't trip over their own feet or get stripped after 3 dribbles under pressure. I don't see that happening with Barnes. Maybe my expectations have been lowered.
                    And he dribbles with his head up, reading the floor instead of a guy like Keon Johnson who I noted early on dribbles with his head down. Barnes should become a true point forward in time.

Comment

• people can discuss what they want, but i fully remember how mad and sad people got when the raptors didnt pick skal labissiere in 2016 lol. and look how that turned out.

Comment

• I'd like to see a line-up of
                        PG Barnes
                        SG Trent
                        SF OG
                        PF Siakam
                        C Boucher
                        At some point next year, thats a pretty long lineup. If Trent has the green light to shoot, and keeps his 40% 3pt percentage, I could see him having some big offensive games.

Comment

• c-troop wrote: View Post
                          Thanks for sharing. They ask him his preferred position and he kind of hesitates, perhaps remembering the 2 big shots around here are point guards, but eventually circles back and says PG is his preferred spot.

Another answer: "what are your hobbies outside of basketball?" "not much.....video games, chillin...hmmm........sometimes I mini golf"
                          Last edited by KeonClark; Fri Jul 30, 2021, 02:38 PM.
                          9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• Ya suggs wasnt the answer so im not sure why ppl are so upset. I always imagined we draft barnes - he just seems like a raptor. Ever since the jays traded their best player (and asshole) Damaco Garcia then won I realized the importance of chemistry for a championship team. Still some moves to be made but excited to watch the next chapter

Comment

• Scottie Barnes vs Justin Champagnie

Scottie Barnes vs David Johnson

Comment

• Starting to come around a bit this morning. I'll watch more videos in a positive light knowing he's a Raptor now. I'm holding out hope that our development team can help become a great player. If he can truly develop into a point guard with a decent shot, it would give us a leg up on the competition.

Comment

Working...
                                X