No announcement yet.

Everything Scottie Barnes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm so unbelievably pumped to have this guy. Not a player comparison, but he's going to be our Shawn Marion.

Comment

• bertarapsfan wrote: View Post

I'm thinking of a full OG, pascal, scottie front court. Down low bruisers are rare nowadays you can roll that out most night. OG played some of the best defense in the league on Jokoic, so he has it in him to defend elite centers. Just need some big body strictly for embiid,jv and aytons of the world
      If we lose Kyle, I'd let him run point as a starter tbh. He's already a great passer with solid court vision; start developing his PnR skills early in the nba which are already natural to him. He could be a great complement to Fred; he'd bring the lenght and playmaking,and Fred the shooting.

Ideal roster balancing move in that case would be flipping Lowry for a starting C to round up the five: Scottie-Fred-OG-Siakam-Turner/Markkenen/Collins(?)

Comment

• Last year we basically didn't have a backup 4, or a starting 5. Barnes isn't a starting 5 but he brings so much versatility to the bench that basically shores up both positions. As a rook.

Flynn/Trent/Yuta/Barnes/Boucher would probably be the best bench in the NBA.

Comment

• SkywalkerAC wrote: View Post
          Last year we basically didn't have a backup 4, or a starting 5. Barnes isn't a starting 5 but he brings so much versatility to the bench that basically shores up both positions. As a rook.

Flynn/Trent/Yuta/Barnes/Boucher would probably be the best bench in the NBA.
          not sold on flynn

Comment

• Flynn didn't have a proper summer league or preseason with us and still did well. The kid will be pretty good... needs some more muscle though.

Comment

• 007 wrote: View Post
              Now I’m imagining a monster lineup of Barnes-OG-Pascal-Boucher-Birch hahaha
              That feels like the opponents could scheme against it on defense to prevent them from scoring, even with the group having some playmaking and perimeter scoring... but it also feels like it could run a very effective man defense against many lineups, and with a little practice, they might be able to play a pretty effective zone as well.

If nothing else, it should certainly be an in-case-of-emergency-break-glass option if we're being beaten in the playoffs by a team that has gone small on us.

Comment

• saints91 wrote: View Post
                Flynn didn't have a proper summer league or preseason with us and still did well. The kid will be pretty good... needs some more muscle though.
                Nice take but we have an entire season to see if David Johnson puts him on the bench.

Comment

• saints91 wrote: View Post
                  I think to get the most out of his skills, it would be smart to push towards being a point guard and playing along side Siakam and OG. The down side is teams will just go under on his pick and rolls, but If he's been working on his shot, we should be encouraging him to shoot what he's been practicing. Looking at his college stats, he averaged 1.66 3PA a game, he's not going to get comfortable shooting them at that rate.

Him, OG, Freddie and Siakam will force a ton of turnovers, they'll be a nightmare on D.
                  I think ideally Nurse would like 4 of the 5 guys to be initiating the offense and play making. Not sure they are looking at this 1-5 but just 5 players. I do think some other changes are coming.

Comment

• Been watching more games and highlights, he does look really good and you can see the NBA potential. A guy like that at PG is super intriguing, that's really unique. Hope he gets some real run there and isn't just an occasional initiator like some pundits seem to assume he'll be.
                    "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• looking at the game logs he shot better from the FT line as the season went on.

https://www.sports-reference.com/cbb.../gamelog/9999/

Comment

• c-troop wrote: View Post

Nice take but we have an entire season to see if David Johnson puts him on the bench.

Johnson will be G league

Comment

• inthepaint wrote: View Post

If we lose Kyle, I'd let him run point as a starter tbh. He's already a great passer with solid court vision; start developing his PnR skills early in the nba which are already natural to him. He could be a great complement to Fred; he'd bring the lenght and playmaking,and Fred the shooting.

Ideal roster balancing move in that case would be flipping Lowry for a starting C to round up the five: Scottie-Fred-OG-Siakam-Turner/Markkenen/Collins(?)
                          I like the notion of getting Turner or taking a chance at Markkenen.

Comment

• TrueTorontoFan wrote: View Post

Johnson will be G league

Until he isn't, and he's 3 years younger than Flynn. He's also 6'5 with a six-foot-10-inch wingspan and he's friends with Scottie Barnes.

Tough to see Flynn holding down the bench unit for more than a year.

Flynn's looking like trade filler.

Comment

• I think we did well picking Scottie. He looks ready to be an impact player defensively right out the gate. He can be a real terror for opposing offences, his footwork and the way he moves defensively is way ahead of most nba players. Has size, length, ball handling, court vision, great in transition, great attitude, competitive...its hard not to see the upside. Oodles of potential. Cant wait to see him play.

Comment

• JawsGT wrote: View Post
                                I think we did well picking Scottie. He looks ready to be an impact player defensively right out the gate. He can be a real terror for opposing offences, his footwork and the way he moves defensively is way ahead of most nba players. Has size, length, ball handling, court vision, great in transition, great attitude, competitive...its hard not to see the upside. Oodles of potential. Cant wait to see him play.
                                he just needs to develop his handle a bit more. It is good for his size but he needs to get much better with it. If he can do that and spot up at a decent rate we have someone.

Comment

Working...
                                X