Everything Scottie Barnes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• c-troop wrote: View Post

Until he isn't, and he's 3 years younger than Flynn. He's also 6'5 with a six-foot-10-inch wingspan and he's friends with Scottie Barnes.

Tough to see Flynn holding down the bench unit for more than a year.

Flynn's looking like trade filler.
    I don't think so. We will see. He had literally part of a season to develop usually he would have spent more time with the 905. I think He is a good back up and that is just fine.

Comment

• TrueTorontoFan wrote: View Post

I don't think so. We will see. He had literally part of a season to develop usually he would have spent more time with the 905. I think He is a good back up and that is just fine.
      I know summer league doesn't mean much, but we will see the experience gap between Flynn and Johnson there. I'm looking forward to it.

Tough to ignore the upside of David Johnson despite your firm approval of Flynn.

Comment

he just needs to develop his handle a bit more. It is good for his size but he needs to get much better with it. If he can do that and spot up at a decent rate we have someone.
        Free throws too, that's big. But it will come around.

Comment

• https://youtu.be/4jwCyJvWFo0

Stoked.

Comment

looking at the game logs he shot better from the FT line as the season went on.

https://www.sports-reference.com/cbb.../gamelog/9999/
            Almost never look at any aggregated stats anymore. The game to game stats are more meaningful and you start to see interesting trends and patterns emerge.

Comment

• Nice catch! Florida State didn't play two weeks to start January, and then the rest of the way he shot 75% (17 games) from the FT line. His first 7 games plummeted his his FT stats. His 2P% (which was good) and his 3P% (27%) stayed the same throughout that time.

Hopefully the trend for the FT% continues to go up. He has a long way to get up to that 36% league average on 3's, maybe he can gradually get there. The key is to encourage him to practice them and take them in games. Is Chip Engelland available? His been with the Spurs too long anyways.
              Last edited by saints91; Sat Jul 31, 2021, 01:38 PM.

Comment

• GinobilisBaldSpot wrote: View Post

If Scottie doesn't have that rough of a February, shooting splits look noticeably different. Outside of that month Scottie is shooting around 31% from 3 (vs 27.5%)... I feel like thats the difference between most people saying his shot is "broken" vs he has potential from beyond the arc, which is what people say about Mobley who shot 32% from 3 (mechanics aside because Mobley's aren't so special either tbh). I know it's easy/convenient to say if A or B didn't happen, X would be the outcome but I still find it interesting. Even the FG% and FT% were down in Feb.
                Whoop…. there it is!

#BelieveInMasaiAndBobby

Comment

• GinobilisBaldSpot wrote: View Post

If Scottie doesn't have that rough of a February, shooting splits look noticeably different. Outside of that month Scottie is shooting around 31% from 3 (vs 27.5%)... I feel like thats the difference between most people saying his shot is "broken" vs he has potential from beyond the arc, which is what people say about Mobley who shot 32% from 3 (mechanics aside because Mobley's aren't so special either tbh). I know it's easy/convenient to say if A or B didn't happen, X would be the outcome but I still find it interesting. Even the FG% and FT% were down in Feb.
                  that's definitely promising. Attempts also stayed consistent.
                  Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• I think about Thorpe saying he thinks there is a good mid-range game there already, but Barnes isn't quite experienced enough to use it. His 3pt% is not good but we're talking about 40 attempts. Hard to read too much into that in any fashion.

As I posted on draft night. I was on the Sugg train, but I would trust the Raptors selection process, because they're one of (if not the best) draft and development franchises in the sport.

Scottie Barnes should receive the full power of the development system, and sounds like he has the work ethic and desire to be the best.

As a fan, I hope its successful, because we might end up having the best lotto pick in this draft when its all said and done.

Comment

• When you hear him talk about basketball you just know he’s wired the right way - to love the game, play the right way, catalyze a team with leadership and personality, and win.

Comment

• SkywalkerAC wrote: View Post
                        When you hear him talk about basketball you just know he’s wired the right way - to love the game, play the right way, catalyze a team with leadership and personality, and win.
                        He's definately not Hollywood like the other Top 5. Which is endearing.
                        Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post

He's definately not Hollywood like the other Top 5. Which is endearing.
                          This.
                          I kinda sense this in Suggs, especially.

Comment

• And for a big man than can’t shoot that well, he sure does come across as a gamer. Like the power forward version of Kyle.

Comment

• I liked at the morning after press engagement, he was just at the gym. Like the biggest night of his career and he's at the gym for 830 the next morning. Good signs.

Comment

• SkywalkerAC wrote: View Post
                                When you hear him talk about basketball you just know he’s wired the right way - to love the game, play the right way, catalyze a team with leadership and personality, and win.
                                I'll say it again, if Barnes can reach his potential he will be a top 10 type of player. The similarities to Kawhi are all there from the size, strength, focus on defense, wingspan, hand size, basketball IQ. Just has to work on his craft and not get distracted by the money and fame.

Comment

Working...
                                X