No announcement yet.

Everything Scottie Barnes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• That second clip reminded me of the year Kawhi was with us and there was this video circulating of him and OG in the gym doing shooting drills together. Every shot Kawhi took was a mirror image of the previous with same form, release point, arc etc. All of OG's shots looked different each time. That was OG' 3rd year I believe.

As the video depicts, Barnes' already shot already looks very much the same each time. We shall see if it translates but I'm excited we may have a real good player here.

Comment

• GinobilisBaldSpot wrote: View Post

A 3” difference in height, very similar wingspan warrants that much of a difference in opinion though? Not to mention the difference in athleticism favours Scottie B I’d assume? That’s what I don’t understand, why are they almost viewed as polar opposites, from a prospect standpoint, but yeah it is interesting for sure!
      I mean his advantage in general

Mobley shot a higher volume of 3's and I think to answer your question... Mobley played at a higher profile school even though USC is not the same kind of hollywood big time flavor as UCLA.

But also because realistically Barnes is probably not going to be playing center. So yeah. Thing is inside the arc Mobley was more polished.

I agree though it shouldn't
      Last edited by TrueTorontoFan; Sat Jul 31, 2021, 05:49 PM.

Comment

• GinobilisBaldSpot wrote: View Post
        Also, the whole “empty gym” argument is starting to become a bit overrated. Yes it stands in regards to making a shot without vs with defence..but for shooting mechanics? If a player has a certain shooting form thats he’s putting thousands of reps into by himself, why all of a sudden would the form change so much when there’s a defender in front of him?.. yes the number of makes will go down but what else would you expect?
        Steph spent shooting thousands of shots in an empty gym too.

Comment

• I'm doing tons of research trying to make myself feel better lol but this is amazing but keep in mind a lot of lottery picks don't do combines

Last edited by MixxAOR; Sat Jul 31, 2021, 06:13 PM.
          Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post
            Okay this made me nervous again. Outside of 5ft he can't score, he can convert layups, dunk and score on put backs...that's it. It's nice to see that he follows his misses that well... but he's a one level scorer right now. He has to lose that push shot/floater.

Comment

• saints91 wrote: View Post

Okay this made me nervous again. Outside of 5ft he can't score, he can convert layups, dunk and score on put backs...that's it. It's nice to see that he follows his misses that well... but he's a one level scorer right now. He has to lose that push shot/floater.
              Maybe Masai and Bobby looked at what he's able to do in workouts and projected that he didn't show everything that he can do in college. Honestly to make myself more optimistic about the pick I kinda threw the college stuff out.

Comment

I'm doing tons of research trying to make myself feel better lol but this is amazing but keep in mind a lot of lottery picks don't do combines

The three above him: Justin Anderson, Semi Ojeleye, and Harrison Barnes

Comment

Maybe Masai and Bobby looked at what he's able to do in workouts and projected that he didn't show everything that he can do in college. Honestly to make myself more optimistic about the pick I kinda threw the college stuff out.
                  Ya, we have to look at the positives.

Comment

• at least he works on his skills and doesn't go by his athleticism and size. Maybe all of his stuff is really in the lab.

Comment

• Comment

• Ebonhawke wrote: View Post

The three above him: Justin Anderson, Semi Ojeleye, and Harrison Barnes
                        let me have this. damn! bringing facts and shit

Comment

• Udoka Azubuike is the highest ever at bSPARQ 118, z-score of 3.72... still searching for the rest

Comment

• actually here's their hall of fame https://nbathlete.com/bsparq-hall-of-fame/

EbonHawke was right with his three for wing players

Comment

• Very very nice, in one of Barnes interviews he said he believes in not taking any plays off and it shows from all the vids I seen. The kid could end up better than kawhi /cross fingers

Comment

I'm doing tons of research trying to make myself feel better lol but this is amazing but keep in mind a lot of lottery picks don't do combines

Notable players who Scottie B (2.58) did pass in z-score include: D Rose (2.05), Dame(1.69), Spida(2.23), James Johnson (for a Raptors reference, 1.9), Blake Griffin (1.69).
                                Another point of reference is Andre Drummond (2.64).

As noted, lots of notable players will be missing since they don't attend the combine. Also, not sure if these rankings take position into account or are standard across the board.

Comment

Working...
                                X