Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• grindhouse wrote: View Post

The kid could end up better than kawhi /cross fingers
    Don't do it. You set yourself up for disappointment.

Comment

• What happens when OG meets Scottie? I want to be in that room... Scottie talk a lot, and we know OG. I think it could be a new sitcom.

Comment

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post

Maybe Masai and Bobby looked at what he's able to do in workouts and projected that he didn't show everything that he can do in college. Honestly to make myself more optimistic about the pick I kinda threw the college stuff out.
        Welcome back

Comment

• GinobilisBaldSpot wrote: View Post

Notable players who Scottie B (2.58) did pass in z-score include: D Rose (2.05), Dame(1.69), Spida(2.23), James Johnson (for a Raptors reference, 1.9), Blake Griffin (1.69).
          Another point of reference is Andre Drummond (2.64).

As noted, lots of notable players will be missing since they don't attend the combine. Also, not sure if these rankings take position into account or are standard across the board.
          I heard people were saying that metric overvalues big men
          Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• Honestly outside of purely being a fan of the team, Barnes' attitude makes me really hope he pans out lol. Seems like a really good dude
              The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

• I think this team as a whole has a great work ethic, if he’s a hard worker he won’t fail.

On that note I think Lowry would really help this kid. Look how much Birch improved just by having Lowry feed him.

Comment

• If we get Jared allen in free agency I think Lowry should stay if we can afford him

Comment

• https://twitter.com/hardensjumper/st...372970499?s=20

Mans hasn't taken off his hat since Draft Night. Reminds me of Amir Johnson's love for Toronto. Never really saw a guy so happy to be drafted a Raptor (since maybe Quincy Acy?) He will be a fan favourite for sure. Someone has to guard Giannis, Middleton, Tatum, Brown, Tobias, Simmons (if he stays in Philly), maybe even Embiid, KD, Harden, Kyrie, Randle, RJ, Bron. Looks like Bobby and Masai did their homework and some heavy scouting when the Raps were in Florida.

Comment

• saints91 wrote: View Post
                      What happens when OG meets Scottie? I want to be in that room... Scottie talk a lot, and we know OG. I think it could be a new sitcom.
                      It's a match made in short-shorts heaven.

Comment

• grindhouse wrote: View Post
                        If we get Jared allen in free agency I think Lowry should stay if we can afford him
                        that would be very difficult to make it work money wise

Comment

• Most talented Rap who never did anything with it… Vince.
                          Most talented Rap who did something with it… Kawhi
                          But
                          The Raps who really loved the city, gave everything every time they were on the court and changed the culture of a sorry ass franchise… Amir, Demar and Kyle. Barnes was a college sub last year… if he falls into the latter category I say good enough!

Comment

• saints91 wrote: View Post
                            What happens when OG meets Scottie? I want to be in that room... Scottie talk a lot, and we know OG. I think it could be a new sitcom.
                            Mamba Mentality

Comment

• Mamba Mentality

Comment

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post
                                I've watched the whole video now. I've already commented on his shooting. He finishes very well at the rim. And his Ft% was 75% in 2021 (17 out of 24 games played in 2021). That's encouraging.

He has great court vision, not flashy passes, but good reads. His handle needs to be tightened up to run the point in the NBA.

I think he will put up better rebounding numbers in the NBA, he looks to box out every time.

He has a good effort on D, but honestly he needs a lot of coaching on that end too. He needs a more controlled approach to his closeouts. I don't think he can guard point guards, at least not that I've just seen. The big thing is his effort, and I've heard he communicates well, both are good traits. With his size he could be as good as OG on that end. Which is high praise.

I'm going to reserve further judgement for Summerleague and the season. I hope the kid is a gym rat.
                                Last edited by saints91; Sun Aug 1, 2021, 12:34 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X