Everything Scottie Barnes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• saints91 wrote: View Post

I've watched the whole video now. I've already commented on his shooting. He finishes very well at the rim. And his Ft% was 75% in 2021 (17 out of 24 games played in 2021). That's encouraging.

He has great court vision, not flashy passes, but good reads. His handle needs to be tightened up to run the point in the NBA.

I think he will put up better rebounding numbers in the NBA, he looks to box out every time.

He has a good effort on D, but honestly he needs a lot of coaching on that end too. He needs a more controlled approach to his closeouts. I don't think he can guard point guards, at least not that I've just seen. The big thing is his effort, and I've heard he communicates well, both are good traits. With his size he could be as good as OG on that end. Which is high praise.

I'm going to reserve further judgement for Summerleague and the season. I hope the kid is a gym rat.
    I agree about his handle. It isn't bad but it needs to get better.

His handle is better than OG's when he came into the league so I think he could potentially be better. I agree though he will likely be better at guarding two's than 1's at least initially.

I like that he stays down in his stance and ddoesn't swat at everything

Comment

• He'll be guarding SF and PF initially. I'm not going to over analyze what he's going to be able to do right out of the gate. This pick was made with his ridiculous potential in mind, and I think it's top 10 player range if/when he gets there.

Comment

• a lot of guys say they are competitive but then top guys rarely participate in combine
        Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• umm Thorpe just said at 26:40 that Barnes thumb is paralyzed....
            Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post
              umm Thorpe just said at 26:40 that Barnes thumb is paralyzed....
              ​

​

Comment

• In the interview with Mike Schmitz, it looks like he is moving and bending both. The left might be, but when he puts his hands together it looks like it bends.

Comment

I think this team as a whole has a great work ethic, if he’s a hard worker he won’t fail.

On that note I think Lowry would really help this kid. Look how much Birch improved just by having Lowry feed him.
                  For sure. And Lowry said his favourite part of the season was watching other raptors grow.

Comment

In the interview with Mike Schmitz, it looks like he is moving and bending both. The left might be, but when he puts his hands together it looks like it bends.
                    Ah, it’s that time of year again.
                    Happy Thumb-Bend Watch Everybody.
                    😎👍

Only moments until the ‘Everything Thumb-Bend Watch’ thread is started.

Comment

• Okay, so Thorpe was talking about Barnes thumb not being involved when he's shooting the ball which is a good thing, and they call it being paralyzed. Basically you don't want the thumb doing anything in the shooting motion. Phew! Crisis averted!

Comment

• GOLDBLUM wrote: View Post

Ah, it’s that time of year again.
                        Happy Thumb-Bend Watch Everybody.
                        😎👍

Only moments until the ‘Everything Thumb-Bend Watch’ thread is started.
                        I’m expecting some stellar thumb GiFs from you.

Comment

Okay, so Thorpe was talking about Barnes thumb not being involved when he's shooting the ball which is a good thing, and they call it being paralyzed. Basically you don't want the thumb doing anything in the shooting motion. Phew! Crisis averted!
                          So if I’m reading this right you’re telling me…

Barnes has no thumbs.

Comment

• Comment

• GOLDBLUM wrote: View Post

So if I’m reading this right you’re telling me…

Barnes has no thumbs.
                              No, no, no... he just plays like he has no thumbs

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
                                This kid is going to get so much hate this season. If he shows he can't shoot in his rookie season, while Suggs is in that ROY conversation, both Masai and Scottie are going to get roasted.

He will have to grow on me because right now I absolutely loathe this pick.
                                just wait till summer league

Comment

Working...
                                X