• Show
Clear All

• K Scottie. The phrase is “I got us” Tweet away

Comment

• https://youtu.be/LvgFXXYCMN4

Agent 0 saw it.
      Suggs is NOT #3.

Comment

• This draft analysis was attached to today's post on the main page regarding Scottie.

https://deanondraft.com/2021/06/15/h...cottie-barnes/

Comment

• GinobilisBaldSpot wrote: View Post
          This draft analysis was attached to today's post on the main page regarding Scottie.

Exactly what I said weeks ago. I said before the draft that If you're a fan of Cade and he's off the board why not just draft Barnes? they're the SAME type of players. The diffrence is Cade can shoot. Barnes though is bigger and more athletic. I'm confident that Barnes is gonna be a good shooter though because reading more about him he sounds like a gym rat and his work ethic is off the charts. I think Barnes one day will be a guy that can create his own shot.
          Mamba Mentality

Comment

• "Aggressively attacking his weaknesses"

Mamba Mentality

Comment

• The Great One wrote: View Post

Exactly what I said weeks ago. I said before the draft that If you're a fan of Cade and he's off the board why not just draft Barnes? they're the SAME type of players. The diffrence is Cade can shoot. Barnes though is bigger and more athletic. I'm confident that Barnes is gonna be a good shooter though because reading more about him he sounds like a gym rat and his work ethic is off the charts. I think Barnes one day will be a guy that can create his own shot.
              Everything I'm reading about Scottie sounds really, really promising. Super excited, and I refuse to temper my expectations.

Comment

• Been a long wait but seeing a Prospect like Barnes come out of a season like that makes it well worth it.
                I was super underwhelmed by Suggs being our future PG, especially with FVV and GTJ holding down the back court, and knowing that the NBA definitely isn't getting smaller - Suggs just isn't it.

As soon as called Barnes, I had in my mind that he is actually out future PG. Masai playing 3D Chess here.

Also seeing him out and about around the city, and hearing him speak and seeing his Character; he's a can't lose in my books.

Comment

• I hope they actually try to use him as a point guard. In the interviews I think the FO and Nurse have stayed away from labelling as one.

Comment

This draft analysis was attached to today's post on the main page regarding Scottie.

that's cool but he had Suggs going 2nd in his mock and Barnes 3rd
                    Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post

that's cool but he had Suggs going 2nd in his mock and Barnes 3rd
                      Cade was 6th. Those positions on his mock have 0 impact on the number's he's analyzing in here. In-fact it's the exact opposite, and he's explicitly stated his mock is based on his findings. But again, what do the mock positions you have referenced have anything to do with the number's in the article regarding Scottie?

Comment

Cade was 6th. Those positions on his mock have 0 impact on the number's he's analyzing in here. In-fact it's the exact opposite, and he's explicitly stated his mock is based on his findings. But again, what do the mock positions you have referenced have anything to do with the number's in the article regarding Scottie?
                        Well according to his mock and his findings didn't we missed out on better player in Suggs?
                        Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post

Well according to his mock and his findings didn't we missed out on better player in Suggs?
                          They’re both in the same tier on his mock.
                          He also says this about Suggs: “Whoever drafts him is getting a quality player, but there is some risk he is more of a boring role player than a true star.”
                          And this about Barnes: “The only thing that can be said for certain with Barnes is that he is a high variance, high upside player. If he misses he can be a frustrating player that is difficult to build around, but when he hits he can hit extremely hard.”
                          Those are both the summaries of his picks in his mock. We didn’t pick the worse player, we picked the player with the higher upside, which his own findings and analysis back up.
                          Nothing new here other than us passing on the “safer” pick.

Comment

• Does Barnes have any shot at the ROY, since he's not a big scoring threat yet?

Comment

• LJ2 wrote: View Post
                              Does Barnes have any shot at the ROY, since he's not a big scoring threat yet?
                              Unless he surprises everyone, I don't think he'll start, so probably not.

Comment

• LJ2 wrote: View Post
                                Does Barnes have any shot at the ROY, since he's not a big scoring threat yet?
                                My money is on Jalen Green, he'll be jacking shots all year in Houston
                                9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

Working...
                                X