Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KeonClark wrote: View Post

My money is on Jalen Green, he'll be jacking shots all year in Houston
    My money is on Suggs just to give Raptors fans more anxiety.

Comment

• slaw wrote: View Post

Do we know Barnes is a non-shooter? His splits at FSU weren't that bad and were skewed by a bad stretch. His FT% isn't particularly awful. I get that the seasonal 3PT% doesn't look great but it's one year. He's awkward offensively at this stage, so everything likely looks worse but I'm wondering if his lack of shooting is being oversold. Guess we'll find out.
      I actually think we know he's not a non-shooter. He shot and made threes in college and highschool (35% on 62 attempts for the latter). By most accounts he wasn't a hesitant shooter at FSU, he just wasn't really makin' em.

(From Precious' Thread)

Comment

• LJ2 wrote: View Post
        Does Barnes have any shot at the ROY, since he's not a big scoring threat yet?
        Not unless Pascal is traded or something. But he might have the winningest stats.

Comment

• I actually think Scottie’s form looks better that Siakam’s. Pascal’s shot looks like he is just pushing it in the general direction of the net. It’s not tight shooting mechanics by any means.

T-Ross’s form is still one of the prettiest I’ve seen... to bad it never came all together with consistency.

Comment

My money is on Jalen Green, he'll be jacking shots all year in Houston
            Yeah, it's going to be like the KD years in Seattle. Early in the shot clock, hand in the face, against 3 defenders...there is no bad shot for Jalen this season.

Comment

• SkywalkerAC wrote: View Post

Not unless Pascal is traded or something. But he might have the winningest stats.
              At some point they are going to have to run a line up of FVV, Trent, OG, Barnes, Siakam, and I'm going to be really looking forward to what that looks like.

Comment

• saints91 wrote: View Post
                I actually think Scottie’s form looks better that Siakam’s. Pascal’s shot looks like he is just pushing it in the general direction of the net. It’s not tight shooting mechanics by any means.

T-Ross’s form is still one of the prettiest I’ve seen... to bad it never came all together with consistency.
                Scottie still shoots like he's a HS varsity player.
                The problem when kids didn't get proper coaching at a young age.

Comment

• The good news is, everything I hear about Scottie's shot is that it seems like the issues with it can be coached out, so long as he puts in the work. Thorpe keeps going on about how his shot could be so much better but with COVID he had very limited chances to work on it with coaches at Florida State, who are known for their shooting fixes. And has noted in a couple interviews that it already looks better from what he has heard (and Nurse saying he thinks the shot doesn't look broken is a great sign on that front too).
                  twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• SkywalkerAC wrote: View Post

I actually think we know he's not a non-shooter. He shot and made threes in college and highschool (35% on 62 attempts for the latter). By most accounts he wasn't a hesitant shooter at FSU, he just wasn't really makin' em.

(From Precious' Thread)
                    From his new training videos (I'm gonna get killed here), but I honestly see a bit a Kawhi in his shot. Maybe it's just the similar wide shoulders, big hands and long armed release that gives off the illusion. Barnes also shoots it relatively flat for now.

Comment

• LJ2 wrote: View Post

At some point they are going to have to run a line up of FVV, Trent, OG, Barnes, Siakam, and I'm going to be really looking forward to what that looks like.
                      That's almost the perfect lineup to surround Barnes with and let him be baby Giannis.

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post

That's almost the perfect lineup to surround Barnes with and let him be baby Giannis.
                        Tbh that would be my starting lineup on most nights. These are our 5 best players. Rotate Siakam & OG guarding the opposing Cs, and put Birch in there to give them a break vs the bigger ones. It's a super versatile lineup defensively, but also with good shooting and playmaking.

Comment

• inthepaint wrote: View Post

Tbh that would be my starting lineup on most nights. These are our 5 best players. Rotate Siakam & OG guarding the opposing Cs, and put Birch in there to give them a break vs the bigger ones. It's a super versatile lineup defensively, but also with good shooting and playmaking.
                          Nah man barnes isnt yet one of our 5 best play-*looks at lineup, checks it again* - holy shit, barnes might actually be the 5th best player.

remember 2 years ago when our 10th best player was OG? Our 7th best player was Serge ibaka? Pepperidge farm remembers.
                          9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

Nah man barnes isnt yet one of our 5 best play-*looks at lineup, checks it again* - holy shit, barnes might actually be the 5th best player.

remember 2 years ago when our 10th best player was OG? Our 7th best player was Serge ibaka? Pepperidge farm remembers.
                            Yeah man turned out the championship roster basically had 2 full starting lineups, but that was also the pinnacle of 7 years of We The North era team building and half a year of win-now trades.

I'll keep saying it - they've pulled together some good pieces that are YOUNG here. Best days are ahead. Let the mediocre GMs assemble name recognition rosters with past their prime injured goods. Masai/Bobby are building the future y'all. This is a good collection of under-30 talent.
                            "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post

From his new training videos (I'm gonna get killed here), but I honestly see a bit a Kawhi in his shot. Maybe it's just the similar wide shoulders, big hands and long armed release that gives off the illusion. Barnes also shoots it relatively flat for now.
                              I believe he's gonna be a good shooter because of his shooting form and his work ethic. Barnes got a good looking shooting form. It's all about repetition for him. And when I say shooter i'm not talking about a spot up shooter like OG. I think he's gonna be a guy that can create his own shot. I think he's gonna be that type of player one day.
                              Mamba Mentality

Comment

OUT:
                                Kawhi Leonard
                                Kyle Lowry
                                Danny Green
                                Serge Ibaka
                                Marc Gasol
                                Norman Powell

IN:
                                Trent
                                Birch
                                Scottie the rook
                                Dragic Stuff (?)