Everything Scottie Barnes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SkywalkerAC wrote: View Post

I actually think we know he's not a non-shooter. He shot and made threes in college and highschool (35% on 62 attempts for the latter). By most accounts he wasn't a hesitant shooter at FSU, he just wasn't really makin' em.

(From Precious' Thread)
    As I mentioned, David Thorpe stated quite emphatically that Barnes shot "was broken" during his FSU season, but it looks better in more recent practice drills. Problem was Covid didn't allow players much, if any, practice time. (22:50)

Comment

• inthepaint wrote: View Post

OUT:
      Kawhi Leonard
      Kyle Lowry
      Danny Green
      Serge Ibaka
      Marc Gasol
      Norman Powell

IN:
      Trent
      Birch
      Scottie the rook
      Dragic Stuff (?)

Heck, we've even lost half our championship coaching staff:

Nate Bjork
      Sergio
      Jama
      Phil Handy
      And of course, Kawhi's butler - I forget his name..... Smithers?

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post
        Dingleberry?

Comment

• GOLDBLUM wrote: View Post

Dingleberry?
          Castleprune

Comment

• inthepaint wrote: View Post

Castleprune
            Pretty sure it was Dingleberry.

He was a real hanger-on.

Comment

Heck, we've even lost half our championship coaching staff:

Nate Bjork
              Sergio
              Jama
              Phil Handy
              Well at least we still got Leo. He's got a new job today in addition to his commentary duties: tend to Khem Birch's scrotum. Just hasn't been tweeted yet.

Comment

As I mentioned, David Thorpe stated quite emphatically that Barnes shot "was broken" during his FSU season, but it looks better in more recent practice drills. Problem was Covid didn't allow players much, if any, practice time. (22:50)

Thanks, think mis-heard on the podcast. But yeah, the context was basically that his shot was malfunctioning, whereas the term "broken" often has a connotation of permanence (a la MKG). From Thorpe's perspective broken just means it needs work (so maybe hire him).

Comment

Thanks, think mis-heard on the podcast. But yeah, the context was basically that his shot was malfunctioning, whereas the term "broken" often has a connotation of permanence (a la MKG). From Thorpe's perspective broken just means it needs work (so maybe hire him).
                  Nah... he further elaborated on 'broken' as in "...Barnes was never taught properly'. That's more than just a tweak. But again, recent videos seem to indicate that Scottie is well on his way to rebuilding that shot. I'm highly optimistic.

Comment

I think people go a bit crazy with shooting now, especially regarding prospects. Since shooting became the most highly sought after skill, how many guy have truly had broken shots? The obvious examples are all mental moreso than form (minus I guess Giannis) - most guys can rep it out fine. Watch Barnes tape and hes not shy about shooting, so Im not concerned - just needs coaching and reps

Comment

Nah... he further elaborated on 'broken' as in "...Barnes was never taught properly'. That's more than just a tweak. But again, recent videos seem to indicate that Scottie is well on his way to rebuilding that shot. I'm highly optimistic.
                      My point is that to many ears "broken" means irredeemable, so throwing that term without proper context around leads to confusion - which is probably why Nurse said his shot is not "broken".

Thorpe thinks his shot was very much fixable, has already been fixed to some degree, that many other big dudes have fixed their shots, and that he has a good foundation for improvement because his thumb is "paralyzed" (not interfering with the shot). d

Comment

Should we be worried that his trainer taught him since 7th grade?
                        Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post

Maybe... but completely re-building shot mechanics is indeed possible. Lonzo Ball is a highly visible example of a player who just went through that process. I don't think Barnes shot is/was anywhere near as funky as Ball.

Comment

Maybe... but completely re-building shot mechanics is indeed possible. Lonzo Ball is a highly visible example of a player who just went through that process. I don't think Barnes shot is/was anywhere near as funky as Ball.
                            Giannis isn't a good shooter either, its all the other stuff he does that really makes him unstoppable at times.

Lets hope Barnes has some of that.

Comment

• Hotshot wrote: View Post

Giannis isn't a good shooter either, its all the other stuff he does that really makes him unstoppable at times.

Lets hope Barnes has some of that.
                              Biggest thing is confidence. Giannis isn't a good shooter, teams give him space, but more often than not, he'll still try to run through you and get fouled, and shoot free throws with opposing crowds counting down the seconds. Simmons on the otherhand, didn't have confidence and passed up dunks to avoid getting fouled.

Comment

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post

The shot mechanics that worked for his body in 7th grade no longer work for his body now. That trainer got him on Team USA and rated one if not the best HS prospects in the country, I think he's good at what he does, but Barnes grew so much his shot needed to change.

Comment

Working...
                                X