Everything Scottie Barnes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• saints91 wrote: View Post
    It's very rare, but we would be incredibly lucky if Barnes grew enough couple inches and became a legit 5 with his current skills. He seems like he wouldn't complain about playing any position.
    With his wingspan and standing reach Scottie doesn't really have to get taller to play as a legit 5, more about putting on weight. Add 20lbs to that frame and he could guard anyone in the NBA I think.

Comment

• Scottie was measured 6’8 at the combine, listed 6’9 on the roster and in one of the recent Nurse interviews he says Scottie’s “pushing 6’10”. Take that for what you will, but even the weight follows a similar pattern (this fluctuates day to day though), 225.4 at the combine, 227 listed on the SL roster, and to my eye at least, looked monstrous on court in SL. I believe in the recent Thorpe podcast that was posted here, he also says Scottie is looking much bigger.

Comment

• GinobilisBaldSpot wrote: View Post
        Scottie was measured 6’8 at the combine, listed 6’9 on the roster and in one of the recent Nurse interviews he says Scottie’s “pushing 6’10”. Take that for what you will, but even the weight follows a similar pattern (this fluctuates day to day though), 225.4 at the combine, 227 listed on the SL roster, and to my eye at least, looked monstrous on court in SL. I believe in the recent Thorpe podcast that was posted here, he also says Scottie is looking much bigger.
        Quite possible he slimmed down in preparation for combine, his vert numbers showed he did something right.

Comment

• GinobilisBaldSpot wrote: View Post
          Scottie was measured 6’8 at the combine, listed 6’9 on the roster and in one of the recent Nurse interviews he says Scottie’s “pushing 6’10”. Take that for what you will, but even the weight follows a similar pattern (this fluctuates day to day though), 225.4 at the combine, 227 listed on the SL roster, and to my eye at least, looked monstrous on court in SL. I believe in the recent Thorpe podcast that was posted here, he also says Scottie is looking much bigger.
          You can just see when you look at him on a court. Maybe he's 6'8 but that's biggest 6'8 i have ever seen.
          Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post

You can just see when you look at him on a court. Maybe he's 6'8 but that's biggest 6'8 i have ever seen.
            His arms and shoulders are huge. Looks strong AF. Most 20 year olds who enter the NBA look like twigs. I don't think he'll have any trouble adding more weight. NBA S&C program plus just getting older he'll probably be pushing 240lbs by the end of the season.

Comment

• I mean what helps Scottie is not just his height but the fact that he’s built. Compare him with how Banton looks for example and Scottie just looks massive
              The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

And then there is always the Ht. measurements of with or without shoes ... which I have noticed when mentioned can be 1-1.5 inches more or less.

Comment

• Bendit wrote: View Post

And then there is always the Ht. measurements of with or without shoes ... which I have noticed when mentioned can be 1-1.5 inches more or less.
                  It's so pointless nobody plays barefoot lol

Comment

It's so pointless nobody plays barefoot lol
                    I agree. Might as well see what their sitting reach is or how close they can come to doing the splits.

Pretty sure they do the standing reach measurement with shoes on as well.

Comment

• Nice take from a couple of fellow lottery picks who played with him on the US under 19 team.
                      https://www.si.com/nba/raptors/news/...ade-cunningham

Comment

• Puffer wrote: View Post
                        Nice take from a couple of fellow lottery picks who played with him on the US under 19 team.
                        https://www.si.com/nba/raptors/news/...ade-cunningham
                        Pre-draft I didn't know his personality was this huge. A bunch of people have said that Barnes is amazing energy to him

Comment

Pre-draft I didn't know his personality was this huge. A bunch of people have said that Barnes is amazing energy to him
                          I believe I have read that his personality and vocal nature came out during the Raptors scouting and interview process. One of the reasons they did a tight left turn from Suggs to Scottie.

Comment

• His frame, chest and every thing looks massive on TV. Like he doesn't look and doesn't seem to get pushed around too much either.

Comment

• Barnes is going to get blown away by how much the Toronto fans love him. He's going to be commenting about it for weeks. And then travelling to Detroit and seeing 10% or more of the arena wearing Raptors jerseys...it will knock him off his feet. That's what it is to play for a whole country.

Comment

• He sounds a lot like OG, which I see as a good thing.

Comment

Working...
                                X