No announcement yet.

Everything Scottie Barnes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• That’s how I try to play at drop-in. But I kinda feel bad when my “intensity” gets under people’s skin. Pretty sure Scottie doesn’t give a fuck.

(I’m also usually huffing and puffing too much to have any offensive skill-game)

Comment

• Hotshot wrote: View Post

Exactly.

The vets are treating it like it's a pickup game on a lazy Sunday afternoon & Scottie here is playing like it's game 7 of the playoffs.

It's all good.
      DM was trying real hard there ... am sure word has got around there is a new demon in town ...but he couldn't shake him ...yeoww. Chills about what can be.

Comment

• Season hasn’t even started and I am already feeling proud.

Comment

• Scottie’s feels… like, the anti-Bruno, the bizarro-Bargnani - the complete antithesis of those two players. A truly freakish frame but with that special something (ability to actually move doesn’t hurt).

You see him and you just know - 1) the guy can play ball and play it to win the right way. And 2) he’s going to come for your testicles 100% every.single.fam.possession with the joy of motherloving basketball. All in your best athlete, best all round skill set (eventually), and your best defender.

The guy’s going to be a home run, you can see it. You can feel it.

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post
            Chills. There is going to be either hate for this kid, or mad respect from the opposing players. Doesn't look like there is room for any between.

Comment

• Puffer wrote: View Post

Chills. There is going to be either hate for this kid, or mad respect from the opposing players. Doesn't look like there is room for any between.
              I can almost be certain there is going to be an incident with one or both of the Morris twins. They do not like to be disrespected by rookies cause they are bullies.

Comment

• Hotshot wrote: View Post

I can almost be certain there is going to be an incident with one or both of the Morris twins. They do not like to be disrespected by rookies cause they are bullies.
                Thing is OG is never bothered by anyone or anything and Scottie likes to clap in people's ears lol

Comment

• Which statistical categories do you anticipate Scottie Barnes having a better rookie season than our last #4 overall pick and HOF inductee, Chris Bosh? Who has a better rookie season overall?

Bosh stats at 19 years old - he started 63 out of 75 games he played and played 33.5 minutes/game.

Points - 11.5 (46% FG and 36% 3PT with very few attempts for an eFG% of 46%)
                  Assists - 1.0
                  Rebounds - 7.4
                  Steals - 0.8
                  Blocks - 1.4

Lebron James won rookie of the year but Bosh was NBA All-Rookie First Team.

“Be more concerned with your character than your reputation, because your character is what you really are, while your reputation is merely what others think you are.”
                  ― John Wooden

Comment

• TrueTorontoFan wrote: View Post

Thing is OG is never bothered by anyone or anything and Scottie likes to clap in people's ears lol
                    And Scottie screams after every dunk or made basket, like Westbrook. Lol.

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post

And Scottie screams after every dunk or made basket, like Westbrook. Lol.
                      Yeah this will actually get super annoying, and I'll probably not become a fan of his because of it. I hate when Boucher does the same kind of thing.

Comment

• The Coach wrote: View Post
                        Which statistical categories do you anticipate Scottie Barnes having a better rookie season than our last #4 overall pick and HOF inductee, Chris Bosh? Who has a better rookie season overall?

Bosh stats at 19 years old - he started 63 out of 75 games he played and played 33.5 minutes/game.

Points - 11.5 (46% FG and 36% 3PT with very few attempts for an eFG% of 46%)
                        Assists - 1.0
                        Rebounds - 7.4
                        Steals - 0.8
                        Blocks - 1.4

Lebron James won rookie of the year but Bosh was NBA All-Rookie First Team.
                        Easily Assists, and I think Steals although that depends more on how many minutes he gets. He won't get enough production (ie, minutes) to get over 10ppg. Rebounds will be very tough. Birch had a team high 7.6 last season and he's a starting center. Blocks will be tough as well. 1.4 a game is actually really awesome. Didn't know Bosh had that many.

Comment

• Really? I’m of the opinion that the team that makes the most noise - whether communicating, trash talking, screaming after dunks in game and on the sideline, etc - usually wins.

Comment

• TrueTorontoFan wrote: View Post

OG just does things more subtle & quiet but he does do things:

Comment

• Bosh was pretty serious I’ll give him that. I remember there was some play and vince was laughing on the bench and bosh got pissed and threw his towel in vinces face and i think that was his rookie season

I still cant figure out that og body slam so weird

Comment

• Just watched the clip from that scrimmage/run. I get that it was light work for most of those guys, but when was the last time someone clamped down a scrimmage like that and footage leaked? I've never seen that. Also, he looks huge. In SL guards immediately passed the ball when he switched on to them. Looks like guards should have done the same at the scrimmage. If this trend continues into the season they're going to have to find a way to start this kid. Not that scrimmages matter. But trends do.

Comment

Working...
                                X