No announcement yet.

Everything Scottie Barnes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scottie Barnes just did a live story on Instagram strolling the streets of TO downtown with Dragic, Dekker, Freddy G and Ish Wainwright. Didn’t have much to say but there they were. Laughing it up.

The boys are in town. It’s all happening.

Comment

• GOLDBLUM wrote: View Post
      Scottie Barnes just did a live story on Instagram strolling the streets of TO downtown with Dragic, Dekker, Freddy G and Ish Wainwright. Didn’t have much to say but there they were. Laughing it up.

Comment

• GOLDBLUM wrote: View Post
        Scottie Barnes just did a live story on Instagram strolling the streets of TO downtown with Dragic, Dekker, Freddy G and Ish Wainwright. Didn’t have much to say but there they were. Laughing it up.

The awkward part about this is that there's almost a 100% chance that one of Gillespie, Dekker or Wainwright will be cut.

Dragic's got that older cousin vibe when you probably rather be on a martini bar somewhere or drinking scotch at home watching a movie, but the kids call him up to hang out and he goes..."Ahh..what the heck let's go!"

I gotta say, if Barnes and Dragic are sharing the court on crunch time, we will win some games through sheer will, and by getting under the opponents skin really quick. We lost some sandpaper with Serge and Kyle gone, but these two bring their own version of that.

Comment

• inthepaint wrote: View Post

The awkward part about this is that there's almost a 100% chance that one of Gillespie, Dekker or Wainwright will be cut.

Dragic's got that older cousin vibe when you probably rather be on a martini bar somewhere or drinking scotch at home watching a movie, but the kids call him up to hang out and he goes..."Ahh..what the heck let's go!"

I gotta say, if Barnes and Dragic are sharing the court on crunch time, we will win some games through sheer will, and by getting under the opponents skin really quick. We lost some sandpaper with Serge and Kyle gone, but these two bring their own version of that.
          Most likely 2 of them will be cut. They are all potential 905ers as well though.

Comment

• Primer wrote: View Post

Most likely 2 of them will be cut. They are all potential 905ers as well though.
            If Gillespie is cut there bound to be someone who would pick him up.

Ish would probably hang around 905 & hope someone would pick him up or he returns to Europe in a year.

Dekker wouldn't even report to 905 someone would pick him up or he goes right back to Europe.

Comment

• Hotshot wrote: View Post

If Gillespie is cut there bound to be someone who would pick him up.

Ish would probably hang around 905 & hope someone would pick him up or he returns to Europe in a year.

Dekker wouldn't even report to 905 someone would pick him up or he goes right back to Europe.
              Gillespie sucks so I don't think he'll get picked up elsewhere. Did you see summer league? He legit didn't belong on the court and that wasn't against NBA talent.
              Ish 100% wants to play in the USA so he would do G League if he doesn't make the cut.
              Dekker I'm not sure but still a good chance he'd rather do G League to maximize his chance of getting picked up by someone than going back to Europe.
              If you still have hopes of playing in the NBA it's exponentially easier to make a team being in the G League with no contract restrictions. A lot of guys don't wanna play overseas and bet on themselves. Europe will always be there later when they finally decide they're not making the NBA.

Comment

Gillespie sucks so I don't think he'll get picked up elsewhere. Did you see summer league? He legit didn't belong on the court and that wasn't against NBA talent.
                Ish 100% wants to play in the USA so he would do G League if he doesn't make the cut.
                Dekker I'm not sure but still a good chance he'd rather do G League to maximize his chance of getting picked up by someone than going back to Europe.
                If you still have hopes of playing in the NBA it's exponentially easier to make a team being in the G League with no contract restrictions. A lot of guys don't wanna play overseas and bet on themselves. Europe will always be there later when they finally decide they're not making the NBA.
                Yeah I lean towards Gillespie being the odd man out. Not sure what happened but he shouldn't have been struggling so much in SL. That was painful to watch. He looked like he didn't even belong in summer league.. which he shouldn't look like after playing real NBA minutes and not just a few he played significant minutes in the second half of the season. It was like he didn't know what to do. He rebounded ok... but other than that .. had trouble scoring, passing the ball, seeing openings, catching the ball. He has a lot of work to do to prove he belongs. He is going to be given an opportunity to prove it because of the equity he built up with the team. Ultimately though he may not be an NBA player. He may just be a g-league player. He is still young enough to go develop in the g league or over seas.

I feel like ish makes it. Bonga vs Dekker is probably the real battle remaining. Svi takes one of the spots. So my guess is it depends on if Dekker out plays and shoots Svi then he gets a spot otherwise perhaps bonga?

Comment

Gillespie had a bad summer league but had larger sample of last season NBA play that he can hang on the court. He may bounce back during preseason.

Ish would do the G league if there was hope for him to be picked up but he isn't going to lose on bigger salaries in Europe if the NBA dream does not work out.

Dekker in an interview from the ringer :
                  His preferred destination is still the NBA, but Dekker chose to go abroad to get back there. “I don’t see myself as a G League player,” he said. “Nothing against guys in the G League … but I wanted the challenge of the high international competition.

Comment

All the new guys are forming an alliance

9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• Most of our camp invites are not eligible for the 905. Anyone with a guarantee above 50k can't play for that team's G-League team or sign a two-way deal with them.

Gillespie that's an option for.
                      twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Gillespie had a bad summer league but had larger sample of last season NBA play that he can hang on the court. He may bounce back during preseason.

Ish would do the G league if there was hope for him to be picked up but he isn't going to lose on bigger salaries in Europe if the NBA dream does not work out.

Dekker in an interview from the ringer :
                        Did Gillespie even play that much for the Raps last season? Seemed like Birch got most of the opportunity and perhaps for good reason.

Comment

• Seeing the Scottie Barnes thread updated in the dead of the offseason

Seeing that we're still talking about Gillespie

Comment

• LJ2 wrote: View Post

Did Gillespie even play that much for the Raps last season? Seemed like Birch got most of the opportunity and perhaps for good reason.
                            Birch had the experience, there was no doubt he would get the start. Now that Precious is here, if they keep Gillsepsie it might be as a filler in case one of them gets injured throughout the year. However Gillespie does need to show at preseason that summer league performance was just a bad run.

Comment

• It's still whacky that Scottie touched 12' on his standing vertical leap.

Comment

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post
                                but on offense he's not really Scottie Pippen but more like Horace Grant
                                I mean, Barnes is 19. 19 year old Scottie Pippen was in college playing for Arkansas. 22 year old rookie Scottie Pippen averaged 7ppg in the NBA.
                                Mamba Mentality

Comment

Working...
                                X