No announcement yet.

Everything Scottie Barnes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Barnes will go down as the greatest #4 in franchise history.
    Mamba Mentality

Comment

• The Great One wrote: View Post
      Barnes will go down as the greatest #4 in franchise history.
      I hope so.

I do think Pascal Siakam is a better player than Bosh was, but most of the fan base doesn't see it.

Comment

• inthepaint wrote: View Post

The awkward part about this is that there's almost a 100% chance that one of Gillespie, Dekker or Wainwright will be cut.
        It might look awkward from the outside but these guys are professionals, wherever they end up. They can form friendships that transcend this moment. Gillespie and Ish are both Baylor guys--that's a bond in and of itself. The world doesn't begin when they sign with the Raptors and end if they get cut. But, man-o-man, Scottie is one charismatic guy! His smile will light up a whole country in the dark of winter.

Comment

• Hotshot wrote: View Post

I hope so.

I do think Pascal Siakam is a better player than Bosh was, but most of the fan base doesn't see it.
          without question

Comment

• Scottie writes a love letter to Toronto: https://www.theplayerstribune.com/po...nba-basketball

Comment

• HollyGoLightly wrote: View Post
              Scottie writes a love letter to Toronto: https://www.theplayerstribune.com/po...nba-basketball
              Liked, unliked and liked again, so I could like it twice!

Love how this kid wears his heart on his sleeve.

Comment

Scottie writes a love letter to Toronto: https://www.theplayerstribune.com/po...nba-basketball
                Ha ha. Just about to post this. It's going to win him another 100,000 followers.

Comment

• Hotshot wrote: View Post

I hope so.

more versatile for sure but I remember bosh being a lot more efficient :s

Comment

• Today IS Scottie Barnes day: https://theathletic.com/2820312/2021...shared-article

This isn't even the best part of the article:
                    “I want to be known as someone who just brings it every day, no matter what, someone who comes in and tries to get better each and every day,” Barnes says. “I want to be a Hall of Famer. I want to be an all-time great. I want to dominate this league. I want to keep showing my potential each and every year to where people say, ‘He’s that guy.’ I want to be someone people love to be around.”

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
                      Most of our camp invites are not eligible for the 905. Anyone with a guarantee above 50k can't play for that team's G-League team or sign a two-way deal with them.

Gillespie that's an option for.
                      What is the logic behind this rule? Seems like it screws the players out of their best opportunity to be signed to a G League team. If you get a paid camp invite and don't make the team you can't play for their G League team? Doesn't make sense at all to me.

Comment

• This is the right freaking attitude. Love this guy more the more I learn about him.

We ended up losing ONE game the entire Summer League. ONE. And the whole time I’m thinking it’s going to be a playoff bracket, because all we really wanted to do was leave Vegas Summer League as champs. Then ... I found out it was only the top two teams that played in the championship. I was pissed. Lol. I’m still a little mad about it. But, that just shows the love I have for this game and this city because all I want to do is play hard for this team. And I’m looking forward to showing y’all that more and more.

Comment

• Primer wrote: View Post

What is the logic behind this rule? Seems like it screws the players out of their best opportunity to be signed to a G League team. If you get a paid camp invite and don't make the team you can't play for their G League team? Doesn't make sense at all to me.
                          You can sign a 50k camp invite and still play for their G League team. But the rule is to stop teams from buying up the best players for their G-League rosters with what amounts to pennies on their NBA team salary.
                          twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Today IS Scottie Barnes day: https://theathletic.com/2820312/2021...shared-article

“I want to be a Hall of Famer. I want to be an all-time great. I want to dominate this league. I want to keep showing my potential each and every year to where people say, ‘He’s that guy.’

This is what I want to hear.
                            Mamba Mentality

Comment

• I think scottie will be great but like OG I just want people to keep their excitement a bit lower. He will be good. Our team will be good.

I don't think people understand fully how much of a boost getting a #4 pick will be to this franchise. Regardless of it being Suggs or Barnes. I do truly think that Barnes was the correct pick and he has the tools to succeed. Seeing him on TV in summer league you could tell he was a lot bigger than I originally thought. He has the chest, the arms, and the legs. He wasn't getting pushed off his spots from guys bigger than him either. He hedges a bit too high but thats minor and he needs to wait maybe a second longer before passing and it will open up his game a lot.

I was surprised by how willing he was to try post moves. He still seems a bit stiff with his movements but that fluidity will come. He will be good. I can't say it too much. He will be great. This team if he really progresses rapidly has a chance to surprise people especially in the first month. Because if we hit the ground running before siakam gets here and we can sit in the top 4-5 seeds from the jump it will set the stage for the rest of our season. Also I don't think we need to make a trade to get "better". I am more than happy rolling with our team. That said, if for some reason Dragic is traded after October 1st for the proposed Moses Brown etc... I still think we have a chance to be great this year. We are definitely a playoff team and if we make the playoffs I think we can really make win a first round matchup depending on who we are playing. For example if we are facing the sixers I think we have a team that can beat the sixers.

Either way I just want to see this kid play against real competition.

Comment

Today IS Scottie Barnes day: https://theathletic.com/2820312/2021...shared-article

That was an incredible read. I think pretty easily the best piece I’ve ever read from Koreen. …. (As it suggests in the piece, that’s what Scottie does, make those around him better.)

From reading that and the tribune article this afternoon… my quota for basketball-related emotions has been well exceeded for the day.

(Side note, while there are many other more impactful passages and anecdotes in that article, my favourite line has to be “Barnes is an unscrewed fire hydrant of emotion on the floor” …. Lol)

Comment

Working...
                                X