Everything Scottie Barnes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comment

• Scottie is a one-man team culture building machine.

Comment

• I think he will help enforce an already willing culture. If he can produce results on top of that, the team will only benefit. We certainly see the potential and the right mindset, and it's why the raps chose him. His first season could be better than expected.

Comment

• Dvdvideo wrote: View Post
          I think he will help enforce an already willing culture. If he can produce results on top of that, the team will only benefit. We certainly see the potential and the right mindset, and it's why the raps chose him. His first season could be better than expected.
          I think it is a no brainer his first season will be better than expected by the majority of the fans disappointed on draft night when the Raptors didn't pick Suggs.

Comment

• I like that Scottie seems like a guy that is close to other top picks from his class. Like how LBJ, Wade, Melo, Bosh all wanted to play together....his relationship with other top talent could payoff down the road.

Scottie seems like an alpha even among the top picks.

Comment

• A repost of a post off the front page of some complimentary comments about Scottie by his peers ...

Murray Repeat • 11 hours ago

Absolutely agree.... a true franchise cornerstone to build around.

"Y'all know who Scottie Barnes is, y'all know how he is," Cunningham responded when asked who on the team kept things the loosest. "He just brings so much energy. He's always up. He's always trying to get everybody else up. Scottie's that guy."

"Scottie's infectious," Suggs added. "He's someone you want to be around. He cracks jokes off the court, but on the court, he's super serious. It makes you want to run with him.

Add assistant coach of Florida State, CY Young to his admirers ...“Toronto did the right thing taking him at four,” he added. “Three, four years from now, everybody will be like, ‘we stole one’. He’s going to impact winning in that way.”

“This is a great place for Scottie to begin his NBA career,”Hamilton said. “He’s just what Toronto needs. Great place for him. Great coach. Great organization. It is a great place for him to start. They have won a World Championship. The Raptors organization has a winning DNA. He is going to be a great teammate.

There is so much more to be excited about going into training camp and the season than there is to be concerned about. You have to go all the way back to VC's sophomore season when the Raps had a player that others wanted to suit up with and tune in to watch.

Long athletic character guys in spades and ZERO reclamation projects guaranteed a roster spot. High energy competition going to push everyone.

Cannot remember who to credit with the line "LET THE KIDS PLAY"!!!

Comment

• Love this dude. Let's go Scottie!
                Mamba Mentality

Comment

• We finally got our alpha.
                  Paskal ain't that, tbh

Comment

• Kagemusha wrote: View Post
                    We finally got our alpha.
                    Paskal ain't that, tbh
                    Yeah... If you need to be told you're that guy, you ain't that guy bro

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post
                      Scottie is a one-man team culture building machine.

This is great and also a little weird to see. Siakam, Fred, OG, Norm etc were these guys, now they've moved into their prime and vet status and all of a sudden this team has a whole group of guys who got next. Cool to see.
                      "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• "He ain't Draymond Green. He's Scottie Pippen".

Mamba Mentality

Comment

• Scottie has so much hype around him and hasn't played an NBA minute yet. I don't want to get my expectations too high for him, it's not going to be like VC's rookie year where he took the league by storm. Scottie is not nearly as developed on that end of the floor, so there will be growing pains.

Comment

• LJ2 wrote: View Post
                            Scottie has so much hype around him and hasn't played an NBA minute yet. I don't want to get my expectations too high for him, it's not going to be like VC's rookie year where he took the league by storm. Scottie is not nearly as developed on that end of the floor, so there will be growing pains.
                            I don't expect much from Scottie this coming season. He's not as NBA ready as Vince was his rookie year. He's still very raw. Pippen who a lot of people are comparing him to averaged 7/3/2 his rookie year. I expect Scottie to average somewhere around 8/4 this year.
                            Mamba Mentality

Comment

• The Great One wrote: View Post

I don't expect much from Scottie this coming season. He's not as NBA ready as Vince was his rookie year. He's still very raw. Pippen who a lot of people are comparing him to averaged 7/3/2 his rookie year. I expect Scottie to average somewhere around 8/4 this year.
                              Rookie Draymond was: 2.9 / 3.3 / 0.7.

Comment

• I don’t know why people feel like you can’t be excited for a player and still be realistic enough to know that there will be growing pains. No one is expecting Scottie to be Vince or Lebron in his rookie season lol. That does not mean we can’t be hyped and excited to see this young man play. Sometimes I wonder why some fans even root for this team when they are so afraid of getting excited or being optimistic.
                                I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

Comment

Working...
                                X