Everything Scottie Barnes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A.I wrote: View Post

I think there were moments Flynn did too much by himself, but that was probably asked of him to be more aggressive and he showed he was the one with NBA experience.

Barnes being a rookie also showed he has great potential.

One thing that apparently happened yesterday, which happened A LOT during summer league was Scottie got a lot of passes off to Freddie who bubbled them with his hands. I am sorry to say but I truly feel like his days are numbered. He may not even be on the 905 honestly.

Comment

• TrueTorontoFan wrote: View Post

One thing that apparently happened yesterday, which happened A LOT during summer league was Scottie got a lot of passes off to Freddie who bubbled them with his hands. I am sorry to say but I truly feel like his days are numbered. He may not even be on the 905 honestly.
      He played last year because of the Raptors tanking and Baynes also being bad. He won't be getting minutes over Birch or Precious and whatever minutes is left at C will go to Boucher who will likely play PF and C throughout the season. Its unfortunate for Freddie.

Comment

• A.I wrote: View Post

He played last year because of the Raptors tanking and Baynes also being bad. He won't be getting minutes over Birch or Precious and whatever minutes is left at C will go to Boucher who will likely play PF and C throughout the season. Its unfortunate for Freddie.
        Its sad because I remember him being better. They won't cut him before end of preseason. But he will be cut.

Comment

• I heard that Freddie G was the best player out there yesterday

Comment

• saints91 wrote: View Post
            I heard that Freddie G was the best player out there yesterday
            What? Really? I did not hear that at all. I also heard he fumbled a few passes from Scottie. He supposedly had a nice block and finish but that was about it
            I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

Comment

• Well with Khem out we will be able to see for ourselves tomorrow how Freddie looks. He’ll probably get a lot of minutes because both Khem and Chris are out
              I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

Comment

• I actually heard Reggie Perry was really good defensively and is very strong (well the strongest on our team). If we go with a big man to close out the roster it may end up being him over Freddie

Comment

• GLF wrote: View Post

What? Really? I did not hear that at all. I also heard he fumbled a few passes from Scottie. He supposedly had a nice block and finish but that was about it
                  Doug Smith said it in his article - https://www.thestar.com/sports/rapto...st-hatred.html

"Freddie Gillespie, fighting for one of the last roster spots, was the best player in the scrimmage, and first-round draft pick Scottie Barnes got a heavy load both as a shooting forward and a ball handler."
                  “Be more concerned with your character than your reputation, because your character is what you really are, while your reputation is merely what others think you are.”
                  ― John Wooden

Comment

• The Coach wrote: View Post

Doug Smith said it in his article - https://www.thestar.com/sports/rapto...st-hatred.html

"Freddie Gillespie, fighting for one of the last roster spots, was the best player in the scrimmage, and first-round draft pick Scottie Barnes got a heavy load both as a shooting forward and a ball handler."
                    Interesting. I don’t follow Doug so I didn’t see that. So weird that everyone was focused on his flaws if he played so well.

Comment

Interesting. I don’t follow Doug so I didn’t see that. So weird that everyone was focused on his flaws if he played so well.
                      A user on realgm went to the open practice and said the following:

Perry:
                      Thought his presence in the paint on defensive end was most noticeable out of all of the bigs, got lots of playing time. Post defense lookked solid, definitely the strongest/biggest body on our roster at the moment

Bonga:
                      He’s very intriguing, tall but very fluid, looks like a more elegant Pascal with some passing, had a few circus layups turned passes at the rim. A very nice no look drop off to his big. Finishing looks raw but handles and passing at his height and fluidity are promising, I can see why they added him.

Gillespie:
                      Playing a little reluctant for some reason, not sure why. I think he feels the pressure of the sheer number of tryouts we’re giving to bigs around him, got a nice offensive rebound and finished with a putback.
                      It sounds more legit that Doug Smith 2 word blurb about Gillespie.

Comment

• Hotshot wrote: View Post

A user on realgm went to the open practice and said the following:

It sounds more legit that Doug Smith 2 word blurb about Gillespie.

Yea I saw this and a few others say something similar so I don’t know who to believe

Comment

Yea I saw this and a few others say something similar so I don’t know who to believe
                          I don't trust the local beat writers when it comes to player evaluations or any useful on-court analysis. They are biased towards players they perceive to be media-friendly, humble and who they think will be accessible for stories. And they rarely criticize coaches or players, even when it's obvious to all.

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post

I don't trust the local beat writers when it comes to player evaluations or any useful on-court analysis. They are biased towards players they perceive to be media-friendly, humble and who they think will be accessible for stories. And they rarely criticize coaches or players, even when it's obvious to all.
                            I think it depends but yeah. Some of the older heads are definitely like this.

Comment

• TrueTorontoFan wrote: View Post

I think it depends but yeah. Some of the older heads are definitely like this.
                              We just saw this dynamic play out where Doug Smith uncharacteristically called out Pascal for his "I didn't feel like The Man" comments. But Pascal & FVV ended up clarifying that was in relation to deferring to the Lowry the GROAT. It all made sense after that, making Doug look like an outsider hack like the rest of us. That's the type of nuance that a beat writer who has been around the team for decades should have understood like second nature. Or maybe the real reason Doug Smith went after Pascal was because he gave 2 in-depth interviews (to Bob McCown & New York Times), completely bypassing the local guys for the scoop.

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post

We just saw this dynamic play out where Doug Smith uncharacteristically called out Pascal for his "I didn't feel like The Man" comments. But Pascal & FVV ended up clarifying that was in relation to deferring to the Lowry the GROAT. It all made sense after that, making Doug look like an outsider hack like the rest of us. That's the type of nuance that a beat writer who has been around the team for decades should have understood like second nature. Or maybe the real reason Doug Smith went after Pascal was because he gave 2 in-depth interviews (to Bob McCown & New York Times), completely bypassing the local guys for the scoop.
                                Pretty sure Doug Smith has never gotten over management taking Casey and DeRozan from him, man was in love with those two.

Yeah, I really don't take anything on an analysis level from any of the Toronto beat writers. Like nothing. Also nothing to take away re: insider-type info (the very, very limited amount they're willing to convey). Exactly as stated above, there's some combination of them being biased to maintain preferred relationships and/or just not being very good at the job from this angle.
                                "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

Working...
                                X