• The Great One wrote: View Post
    Rookie rankings after last night:

1. Mobley
    2. Barnes
    3. Duarte
    4. Banton

Comment

• TrueTorontoFan wrote: View Post

I honestly wish we some how got Mobley or both Mobley and Barnes.
      I'm more than happy with Barnes.

Barnes > Mobley.
      Mamba Mentality

Comment

• The Great One wrote: View Post

I'm more than happy with Barnes.

Barnes > Mobley.
        You aren't wrong.

Comment

• I'm just glad to see Barnes is more than NBA ready. Remember pre draft when everyone was saying he's going to be a huge project and not playable immediately? He's already able to hang in there with all stars like Beal.

Comment

• LJ2 wrote: View Post
            I'm just glad to see Barnes is more than NBA ready. Remember pre draft when everyone was saying he's going to be a huge project and not playable immediately? He's already able to hang in there with all stars like Beal.
            I don’t recall that

Comment

• saints91 wrote: View Post

I don’t recall that
              You are remembering correctly. No one said that. Many were just bummed because they were worried about his ability to impact the game offensively.

Comment

• saints91 wrote: View Post

I don’t recall that
                There were a bunch of sports media folk saying Barnes was all potential and not an NBA ready prospect.

Comment

• More than happy with Barnes. As has already been mentioned, in addition to being high basketball IQ, he has a basketball ready body, already a great skillset, and is a floor raiser at 20 years old. I am trying to imagine this guy with two years of additional development and experience. I don't care if one or two of his draft mates rise above him in the public and talking head's eyes. He is a great fit for this team and would seem to be a sure thing top 30 player in the future.

It is going to be a lot of fun watching the young fellas on this team grow together.

Comment

• Puffer wrote: View Post
                    More than happy with Barnes. As has already been mentioned, in addition to being high basketball IQ, he has a basketball ready body, already a great skillset, and is a floor raiser at 20 years old. I am trying to imagine this guy with two years of additional development and experience. I don't care if one or two of his draft mates rise above him in the public and talking head's eyes. He is a great fit for this team and would seem to be a sure thing top 30 player in the future.

It is going to be a lot of fun watching the young fellas on this team grow together.
                    Yeah, 2 seasons is also my timeline. Not just for Scottie, but for this whole team. I'm basically punting this season and next season.... just watching for signs of positive development and hope that we have the makings of a legit contending core by then, and/or valuable pieces to trade for that core.

Comment

There were a bunch of sports media folk saying Barnes was all potential and not an NBA ready prospect.
                      They said he was a raw project on offense (other than playmaking), but NBA ready on defense. That's pretty much bang on. Some people might have just heard the "raw project" part.

Comment

• Man, that hook in the first quarter? So effortless. I really hope that becomes a staple of his game. He has the frame and length to make that a lethal go to weapon if he puts his mind to it. Its a lost art that I would like to see rediscovered in the NBA.

Its going to be a really fun season for us if we approached it from the right mindset. Like Masai said, this is full on rebuild now and there will be highs and lows. Unlike the Colangelo and Babcock eras, we know the team has arguably the best executives in the game. They will do it right and we just need to enjoy watching guys like Barnes grow and not get too caught up in the losses. The losses this season will be a good thing in a couple years times. Barnes is just beginning. A really, really good beginning.

Comment

Sports media folk are not in the league offices for a good reason. Teams use those guys to plant all sorts of bullshit to try and influence situations.

Comment

I was kidding… I totally thought that.

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post

They said he was a raw project on offense (other than playmaking), but NBA ready on defense. That's pretty much bang on. Some people might have just heard the "raw project" part.
                              I think he's been a lot better than advertised on offense to be honest. You're not going to run plays for him yet, but he finds ways to get get buckets in the flow. Excited to see Scottie develop.

Comment

• Apollo wrote: View Post
                                Man, that hook in the first quarter? So effortless. I really hope that becomes a staple of his game. He has the frame and length to make that a lethal go to weapon if he puts his mind to it. Its a lost art that I would like to see rediscovered in the NBA.

Its going to be a really fun season for us if we approached it from the right mindset. Like Masai said, this is full on rebuild now and there will be highs and lows. Unlike the Colangelo and Babcock eras, we know the team has arguably the best executives in the game. They will do it right and we just need to enjoy watching guys like Barnes grow and not get too caught up in the losses. The losses this season will be a good thing in a couple years times. Barnes is just beginning. A really, really good beginning.
                                It was off hand. He seems to have an effective and interesting midrange game already. He has some touch for sure.

Comment

Working...
                                X