No announcement yet.

Everything Scottie Barnes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Never been so excited to see him play his next game.

Vince had that effect on me when I was a bit younger then Kawhi no doubt for that 1 year, wished more .

Now this guy.

Comment

• Green and Mitchell both with good offensive games yesterday, both in losses. I caught a bit of the Orlando vs New York game yesterday and while Suggs didn't have a great scoring game, his defense on D. Rose was excellent in the third and fourth quarters I thought. Rose couldn't get any penetration when it mattered.

Comment

• LJ2 wrote: View Post
        Green and Mitchell both with good offensive games yesterday, both in losses. I caught a bit of the Orlando vs New York game yesterday and while Suggs didn't have a great scoring game, his defense on D. Rose was excellent in the third and fourth quarters I thought. Rose couldn't get any penetration when it mattered.
        he is a good defensive player he will struggle on offense

Comment

• Mr. Fun Guy...

Comment

• Bendit wrote: View Post
            Mr. Fun Guy...

Before this clip, Masai turns around and goes "Scooottttiiieee!! Come say hi!", and then Scottie trudges over and is like "eh yo what up" as you see here. Totally reminds you of a dad yelling for a teenager to come say hi to their aunt and uncle
            9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• From The Ringer:

Beam Me Up, Scottie

Scottie Barnes entered the NBA with a pro-ready body, and through the first week of the season, he’s already producing like a veteran.

Raptors head coach Nick Nurse already trusts his rookie enough to put him in decision-making positions, such as bringing it up the floor, running dribble handoffs, or finishing plays. It’s a multidimensional role typically reserved for more proven players, like Draymond Green or Bam Adebayo, but Barnes has the passing creativity, vision, and intelligence to do it now. Limiting turnovers and understanding when (and when not) to make difficult passes will be the next steps for Barnes, but learning through failure will still help his overall growth.

As a scorer, Barnes has both size (6-foot-7, 225 pounds) and a fluid handle that allows him to get to the rim with ease, though he’s also displaying a smoother midrange jumper than he did at Florida State.

Barnes became a lottery pick because of his defense though. With an enormous 7-foot-3 wingspan and swift lateral movement, the Raptors haven’t hesitated to stick him on opposing primary ball handlers.

Barnes is a disruptor. He can use his quickness against DeMar DeRozan or Bradley Beal, and strength to handle Jayson Tatum or Luka Doncic. Few rookies have ever entered the league with defensive ability as strong as his, and he’s one of the key reasons why the Raptors have an elite defense to start the season. Forget about Rookie of the Year; Barnes may be one of the few rookies in history to earn a spot on the All-Defensive team.
              Mamba Mentality

Comment

• The Great One wrote: View Post
                From The Ringer:

Beam Me Up, Scottie

Scottie Barnes entered the NBA with a pro-ready body, and through the first week of the season, he’s already producing like a veteran.

Raptors head coach Nick Nurse already trusts his rookie enough to put him in decision-making positions, such as bringing it up the floor, running dribble handoffs, or finishing plays. It’s a multidimensional role typically reserved for more proven players, like Draymond Green or Bam Adebayo, but Barnes has the passing creativity, vision, and intelligence to do it now. Limiting turnovers and understanding when (and when not) to make difficult passes will be the next steps for Barnes, but learning through failure will still help his overall growth.

As a scorer, Barnes has both size (6-foot-7, 225 pounds) and a fluid handle that allows him to get to the rim with ease, though he’s also displaying a smoother midrange jumper than he did at Florida State.

Barnes became a lottery pick because of his defense though. With an enormous 7-foot-3 wingspan and swift lateral movement, the Raptors haven’t hesitated to stick him on opposing primary ball handlers.

Barnes is a disruptor. He can use his quickness against DeMar DeRozan or Bradley Beal, and strength to handle Jayson Tatum or Luka Doncic. Few rookies have ever entered the league with defensive ability as strong as his, and he’s one of the key reasons why the Raptors have an elite defense to start the season. Forget about Rookie of the Year; Barnes may be one of the few rookies in history to earn a spot on the All-Defensive team.
                That last sentence though. *chefs kiss*

Comment

From The Ringer:

Beam Me Up, Scottie

Did Barnes shrink 2 inches? Is it not common knowledge yet everyone on our team is 6'9"

Comment

• Primer wrote: View Post

Did Barnes shrink 2 inches? Is it not common knowledge yet everyone on our team is 6'9"
                    Scottie attended the combine, and was measured at 6'7 without shoes:
                    https://www.nba.com/stats/draft/comb...onYear=2021-22

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post

He's the tallest 6'7 guy i've ever seen lol. In games he looks huge I don't know what it is. Platforms?
                      Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• two different opinions on Scottie. Good points from both.
                        Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• Primer wrote: View Post

he is 6'8-6'9

Comment

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post

He's the tallest 6'7 guy i've ever seen lol. In games he looks huge I don't know what it is. Platforms?
                            The 7'2.75 wingspan probably helps.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post

Good thing he plays with shoes

Comment

From The Ringer:

Beam Me Up, Scottie

He's controlling the pace of the game through defense like prime Kawhi used to do in San Antonio. Really good start to his NBA career.

Comment

Working...
                                X