Everything Scottie Barnes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• He is getting noticed!!

I await a facetime/visual interview with Chuck Barkley and the TNT crew on one of their national games... which will pump him up some more. Hope he remains grounded.

Comment

• Physically imposing, high BBIQ, elite motor, highly coordinated, elite ball-handling for his size, court vision, ability to defend, great teammate.

He special.

Comment

• Bendit wrote: View Post
        He is getting noticed!!

I await a facetime/visual interview with Chuck Barkley and the TNT crew on one of their national games... which will pump him up some more. Hope he remains grounded.
        he is always grounded

Comment

• TrueTorontoFan wrote: View Post

he is always grounded
          Me here right now in a subtle way telling you to lay off my case lately

But this is somewhat of a nice transformation from you considering how you were a Non Barnes fan before the draft and your strong overreaction right after Adam Silver said “with the 4th pick, the Toronto Raptors select”

just saying…lol

Comment

• The Claw Reborn wrote: View Post

Me here right now in a subtle way telling you to lay off my case lately

But this is somewhat of a nice transformation from you considering how you were a Non Barnes fan before the draft and your strong overreaction right after Adam Silver said “with the 4th pick, the Toronto Raptors select”

just saying…lol
            I was not a non-barnes fan. Go back through the whole draft thread if you want. I liked barnes at 8th. I was a Mobley fan the entire time. I said that they should take a swing for long term. So I was ok with Barnes. But go on.

I just said he would be better in 2 years. in fact. So I thought he was the better prospect but it was what management valued. I don't disagree. I said that Suggs reminded me of Malcolm Brogdon. Solid but not an all star. He would be contributing right away but not after. His progress has surprised me. But I did expect him to be a contributor.
            Last edited by TrueTorontoFan; Wed Oct 27, 2021, 05:44 PM.

Comment

• I just don't feel like editing my post. I will add another thing. I said that at 4 if they saw Barnes as there man I didn't want them to trade back to get him. I said just pick your man and deal with what ever happens. If it was suggs ok but otherwise go take your guy. I was thinking Mobley, or Kuminga. I honestly didn't find Suggs a sexy pick. I did think his jump shot coming was possible but would take time... AND IT WILL. I was aware of his playmaking leading up to the draft but again I was not "out" or a "non-barnes" fan. I didn't say OH NO. I actually just laughed and said of course Masai will be taking the swing.

Comment

• Me the sole juror hearing your closing argument and trying my hardest to just forget what was said exactly, too tired to dig up that past so to not provoke conflict lol.

me glass half full

Barnes for ROY then

Comment

• The Claw Reborn wrote: View Post
                  Me the sole juror hearing your closing argument and trying my hardest to just forget what was said exactly, too tired to dig up that past so to not provoke conflict lol.

me glass half full

Barnes for ROY then
                  I actually went through the entire thread a week ago.

https://forums.raptorsrepublic.com/f...t-2021/page287
                  Right after the pick my initial reaction was "I am not sad" I wanted to move up.

https://forums.raptorsrepublic.com/f...t-2021/page268

I said
                  "I think we may end up with Barnes."

bertarapsfan wrote: View Post

Maybe Magic think Barnes over Suggs?
                  I wonder if Masai has the stones to fake out Barnes, trade the 4th for 5 and 8 and then end up with the guy we want anyways at 5? Would be a hell of a play.
                  If we trade down we aren't getting the 5 adn 8... it will be like the 5 and something else like a future something

Then before then I posted this: ->https://forums.raptorsrepublic.com/f...t-2021/page260

Blake Murphy gave some quotes from Bobby Webster.

On Masai

On the Draft and the Options they are seriously thinking about

Regarding trading up or down

In my opinion what it tells me is that they are wanting to see what happens at the draft but are really going to try hard to obviously move up if at all possible. It tells me they probably like Suggs but not as much as some of the other top 4 who they see as having longer term upside. I think it tells me thats what they value is the ceiling factor over the floor. Again we are talking about multiple championships so even if it means we are slightly worse initially long term they want the best prospect. They also don't want to drop down because they have assess some sort of gap.

I thought they would go suggs but again again I figured they would go with ceiling. I also thought they should

A day before the draft I posted this:
                  The Great One wrote: View Post
                  did this change your opinion?

AGAIN I wasn't a non-scottie guy.. I was more of a PRO MOBLEY.

https://forums.raptorsrepublic.com/f...t-2021/page252

DANH and I were arguing about JV's impact I said JV is eh... he outlined he is a good performer AGAIN MOBLEY MOBLEY MOBLEY... If I go way back further I outlined Barnes would be good as a 8th pick and then we moved up and I wanted us to move up ... but either way I always said swing for the ceiling pick you don't get this pick often. I thought they would go safe if they couldn't move up but i felt like they should take there man at 4 OR move up. would you like more evidence?

I am yes being a bit petty but you called me out.

Ill give it to you I did find ONE time early on before I watched film tape:

https://forums.raptorsrepublic.com/f...t-2021/page247

I said i'd stop watching if they drafted barnes but again I WANTED MOBLEY I thought mobley would be available.
                  Last edited by TrueTorontoFan; Wed Oct 27, 2021, 09:52 PM.

Comment

• Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post

The 7'2.75 wingspan probably helps.
                      Like a forced perspective photo

Comment

• mixxaor wrote: View Post
                        loool

Comment

• pretty sure we drafted a future superstar

Comment

• KHD wrote: View Post
                            pretty sure we drafted a future superstar
                            yes sir yes we did

Comment

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post
                              KHD wrote: View Post
                              pretty sure we drafted a future superstar
                              Welcome, me and truetorontofan kept some seats open for ya’ll

Comment

• Scottie is a legitimate floor raiser 5 games into his NBA career. That's pretty incredible.

Comment

Working...
                                X