No announcement yet.

Everything Scottie Barnes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fuel for the fire (cause it's not burning hot enough).

Ran across this.

Scottie Barnes in his first 6 games:
    17 PPG, 8.3 RPG, 2.2 APG, 0.596 TS%

Lebron James in his first 6 games
    16.8 PPG, 7.7 RPG, 7 APG, 0.470 TS%

Small sample size but, "there's a chance."

Comment

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post
      Trash
      heh.

Comment

not a single jumpshot. but hey he yells a lot and looks like an energetic kid. So he'll be entertaining at least lol
        hahahaha

Comment

• Just Is wrote: View Post
          It's much easier to be seen as a pass first guy when you're not a threat to actually score.

Definitely gotta hope this turns out better by the end of his rookie contract because it's not gonna look good immediately in year 1 or 2.
          Nailed it?

Comment

• Primer wrote: View Post

I watched a lot of college ball and read and watched a ton getting ready for the draft. Definitely did enough to have my own informed opinion. I wasn't at the workouts so they got me there.
            hahahah you're also not them, i.e. you aren't as educated on the subject matter.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
              So slept on it, and I'm still not a happy about the pick. The guy has no post game. No real face up game. He can't create his own shot. He's pass first over score first, and is 6'9. And he doesn't fit our team right now. I'd rather give minutes to Yuta because he can at least stretch the floor.

The fact that he can bring the ball up the floor is nice I guess.. but RHJ and Stanley could do that as well.

I think we really lost out on an opportunity to get someone special.

Happy to be proven wrong on this one.. but if this doesn't work out like I think it will.. then we've taken a step back as a franchise here.
              you need to sleep for a few more years Amigo

Comment

• Scotties game now is waaayyy different then his play at Florida State. This year I tried to watch full games instead of just highlights, and I didn't see a superstar, which honestly he just has to add a few consistent things to his game to be one.

If you guys have time and want to see young Scottie fo watch some of his games on Youtube.

Comment

• Superjudge doing some early morning verdict lol

Comment

• I don't think anybody expected this
                    Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• Draft will always be a Crapshoot draft that has not changed my opinion about it….unless there was a surefire Shag/ Duncan/ Lebron type no.1 BUT Masai may have hit the jackpot for his no.4 pick….but yet again time will tell.

However, Scottie has the fundamentals to be one of the best of the game.

Again I am so eager to know how he respond with Siakam back.

Comment

I don't think anybody expected this
                        My recollection is that Damon was given the keys to the team day one. He played a lot of minutes right from the start. More than Scottie? I think so. I can't remember if he was the starting point guard. He did beat all other rookies for minutes played

Comment

• I can't remember who wrote it. I think it was Vecenie who said after the draft that Barnes is a zero level scorer. LOL.
                          Mamba Mentality

Comment

• Gonzz wrote: View Post

None of our rookies get any consideration. I’d be happy if he makes the young stars game and the all rookie team. Haven’t had that in a while. Bosh? Carter?
                            he will make the all rookie team if he even does what he is doing to even 80% and then sits for the rest of the season.

The last person to make it was actually Terrence Davis. Before that JV. Jamario moon made it and so did Andrea.

Comment

• The Great One wrote: View Post
                              I can't remember who wrote it. I think it was Vecenie who said after the draft that Barnes is a zero level scorer. LOL.
                              He did in fact say that. that was a poor take. I remember what blake said and what he said was largely true. Although the midrange game has excelled. He said that Scottie would score a ton off transition opportunities. Which has largely been true. The shocking thing is its that and the midrange game.

Comment

• The Claw Reborn wrote: View Post
                                Draft will always be a Crapshoot draft that has not changed my opinion about it….unless there was a surefire Shag/ Duncan/ Lebron type no.1 BUT Masai may have hit the jackpot for his no.4 pick….but yet again time will tell.

However, Scottie has the fundamentals to be one of the best of the game.

Again I am so eager to know how he respond with Siakam back.
                                Yes and no. There is definitely a gambling component in the draft. There is also risk analysis. There is also what you see in work outs and your draft process. If you are following a guy since he was 14.... and you know if he works hard or not. You know if he has the ability to improve or not or work on weaknessses. That is a ton more than the average person. You also see flashes of it when they are able to make certain reads in college. Also in general you have the ability to have a system of development. So it is a crap shoot and yet there can still be strategy. We got lucky moving up in the draft but also we got lucky by being bad enough last year where we would have been in the top 8 and likely gotten one of the top guys that we have seen thus far.

The early part of the draft is when you can draft floor guys where they will likely at worst be a blue chip prospect who will be a rotational guy. If your bench sucked like ours did last year. Those picks in the 10-15 range can stock the cupboards back up.

Comment

Working...
                                X