Everything Scottie Barnes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Claw Reborn wrote: View Post
    That statement by Nurse could have a bigger implication down the road especially if there is no chemistry between Siakam and Barnes. If Barnes’ production dips as a result of Siakam’s inclusion to the team and eventually may have a negative effect, it will be an interesting trade deadline situation.
    How they integrate will be key for sure. Exciting though, to think if Barnes can be that true #1 option, then it slides Pascal back to his more natural and approriate role as the secondary scorer. And then we have tremendous tertiary scoring in Fred, OG, and Trent. Our offence could be really good if they find the chemistry.

Thats one of the reasons I think we shouldnt be looking for any changes to the roster. It will be really interesting to see how the lineup with Pascal works out. They could be really good on both sides of the ball, with great depth to boot. I dont mind making a move or two, but I dont see the point on taking back anything of significance until we see what we got from this group.

Comment

• The Claw Reborn wrote: View Post
      That statement by Nurse could have a bigger implication down the road especially if there is no chemistry between Siakam and Barnes. If Barnes’ production dips as a result of Siakam’s inclusion to the team and eventually may have a negative effect, it will be an interesting trade deadline situation.
      doubt it ... wasn't the point to turn Siakam into a play maker. This team is at its best with Siakam, OG, and Barnes. If anything you could look at fred being yeeted.

Comment

• JawsGT wrote: View Post

How they integrate will be key for sure. Exciting though, to think if Barnes can be that true #1 option, then it slides Pascal back to his more natural and approriate role as the secondary scorer. And then we have tremendous tertiary scoring in Fred, OG, and Trent. Our offence could be really good if they find the chemistry.

Thats one of the reasons I think we shouldnt be looking for any changes to the roster. It will be really interesting to see how the lineup with Pascal works out. They could be really good on both sides of the ball, with great depth to boot. I dont mind making a move or two, but I dont see the point on taking back anything of significance until we see what we got from this group.
        I still think Barnes willl be that true #1 when he gets a consistent shot. When that happens the league is on notice.

Comment

• TrueTorontoFan wrote: View Post

I still think Barnes willl be that true #1 when he gets a consistent shot. When that happens the league is on notice.
          Absolutely, he already has a decent mid range game and is great in the paint. A good 3pt shot and he will have the whole package.

Comment

doubt it ... wasn't the point to turn Siakam into a play maker. This team is at its best with Siakam, OG, and Barnes. If anything you could look at fred being yeeted.
            I love the idea of trading Fred Van vleet!!!

Comment

• Puffer wrote: View Post

Makes it that much more impressive that he managed to exceed Damon's six game total with 35.5 less minutes of playing time.
              Not to mention that Damon was on a first year expansion team and had to be a ball hog in order for that team to sniff 20 wins.

Barnes is actually far from a ball hog but it's the coach that wants him to be more of a ball hog on a team capable of surpassing 40 wins.

Comment

• Kawhisexual wrote: View Post

I love the idea of trading Fred Van vleet!!!
                in time and for the right individual

Comment

• Yeah, guys, Nick thinking Barnes could be the primary is not remotely a reason to think they trade anyone. It's a reason to think they don't, as everyone then gets to slide into the roles they were in for the championship run, where they excelled.
                  twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

in time and for the right individual
                    Trading the heart and soul and never quit attitude of an nba champion seems like a silly idea to me.

Comment

On paper, probably yes.
                      I was thinking Nurse can play Scottie the way Pop played Kawhi during the Tim-Manu-TP years but Scottie is a bit more advanced than Kawhi was at this stage.
                      ( can't believe I even said that but the kid has been really awesome for us)

Comment

• Kagemusha wrote: View Post

On paper, probably yes.
                        I was thinking Nurse can play Scottie the way Pop played Kawhi during the Tim-Manu-TP years but Scottie is a bit more advanced than Kawhi was at this stage.
                        ( can't believe I even said that but the kid has been really awesome for us)
                        its pretty gnarly either way siakam og and barnes need to be on this team moving forward.

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
                          Yeah, guys, Nick thinking Barnes could be the primary is not remotely a reason to think they trade anyone. It's a reason to think they don't, as everyone then gets to slide into the roles they were in for the championship run, where they excelled.
                          precisely.

Comment

• Dvdvideo wrote: View Post

Trading the heart and soul and never quit attitude of an nba champion seems like a silly idea to me.
                            again if you are getting beal back its a different situation... if you aren't then I don't know if you do it.

I would personally rather keep the core together I am not in a rush to make a trade. I am ok with figuring out what to do with boucher, and dragic.. boucher because I dont think we will be paying him this off season what he may want and because play wise he hasn't impressed me. I wouldn't mind getting a future asset for him and clearing up minutes for Yuta.

Comment

again if you are getting beal back its a different situation... if you aren't then I don't know if you do it.

I would personally rather keep the core together I am not in a rush to make a trade. I am ok with figuring out what to do with boucher, and dragic.. boucher because I dont think we will be paying him this off season what he may want and because play wise he hasn't impressed me. I wouldn't mind getting a future asset for him and clearing up minutes for Yuta.
                              I have no issue with boucher and dragic for something, even if it's another vet to waive or expiring contract as long as it comes with a very good younger talent.

As to Beal, I recognize the offensive upgrade, but he can't do what vanvleet does on defense and throws that whole plan out of wack.

Now I know a plus minus isn't everything, but last season beal was a minus 3. Vanvleet, in a losing season last year, was a +139. I'm not even sure I make that trade straight up.

Comment

• Dvdvideo wrote: View Post

I have no issue with boucher and dragic for something, even if it's another vet to waive or expiring contract as long as it comes with a very good younger talent.

As to Beal, I recognize the offensive upgrade, but he can't do what vanvleet does on defense and throws that whole plan out of wack.

Now I know a plus minus isn't everything, but last season beal was a minus 3. Vanvleet, in a losing season last year, was a +139. I'm not even sure I make that trade straight up.
                                if im not mistaken wasn't beal always known as a defensive player in the past before he became such an offensive weapon. the only other person I can think of is Simmons

Comment

Working...
                                X